blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 03:15:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 407254 times)
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2015, 03:29:12 PM »

I've decided football is stupid.

2 weeks ago Man City were champions elect. Now Pelligrini's neck is on the block.

2 weeks ago United were at crisis point after losing to Swansea. Now they're champions elect.

I look forward to the pendulum swinging back in another few weeks

Theoretically this should give me hope as a Sunderland fan.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2015, 04:17:26 PM »

Not directly City related but does matter to the clubs dining at the top table; thoughts on England potentially being overtaken by Italy for the Champions League spots, thus meaning just the top 3 qualify from the PL?

Maybe I'm alone, but I think it could be quite amusing seeing the scramble for the top 3 spots, and guaranteeing at least one of City/Chelsea/United/Arsenal on Channel 5 on Thursday nights.

A repeat performance of our clubs in Europe last season vs those competing in Europe from Italy would mean we have 3 CL spots from 2016/17....

Best Bitter.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2015, 04:45:34 PM »

Ha you're only saying that because you're pretty much guaranteed top 3. Wouldn't be so much fun if you weren't

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2015, 04:57:59 PM »

BT Sport announces Borussia Mönchengladbach v MCFC will be free of charge on its freeview channel on Wednesday night.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2015, 05:00:07 PM »

Ha you're only saying that because you're pretty much guaranteed top 3. Wouldn't be so much fun if you weren't

Guilty.....probably.

The CL is huge for the club, but I know many fans haven't taken to it 100%, myself included. Nothing to do with us being crap in Europe or anything like that, and its hard to pinpoint why I feel this way, but I certainly don't get that excited about the games. After years of being nowhere near CL qualification, getting there felt kinda meh. Any other blues on here feel that way? Or fans of other clubs? It's supposed to be the holy grail of football, but I'd take winning the league over the CL all day every day.

On a very selfish level, I like to see City in Europe at least once a season where possible (going to Seville in November). It's basically the same teams every season so it limits new away day opportunities. Europa League however.....spoilt for choice when we were in that! Smiley

Best Bitter.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2015, 05:43:28 PM »

Maybe I'm alone, but I think it could be quite amusing seeing the scramble for the top 3 spots, and guaranteeing at least one of City/Chelsea/United/Arsenal on Channel 5 on Thursday nights.

BT sport has the europa league now channel 5 doesnt have it anymore

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2015, 06:01:18 PM »

Really? Didn't realise BT had hoovered up all the European football. Please tell me they've sacked Michael Owen as a co-commentator....

Best Bitter.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2015, 08:20:36 PM »

Really? Didn't realise BT had hoovered up all the European football. Please tell me they've sacked Michael Owen as a co-commentator....

At least it's not Andy Townsend

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2015, 06:21:21 AM »

Guilty.....probably.

The CL is huge for the club, but I know many fans haven't taken to it 100%, myself included. Nothing to do with us being crap in Europe or anything like that, and its hard to pinpoint why I feel this way, but I certainly don't get that excited about the games. After years of being nowhere near CL qualification, getting there felt kinda meh. Any other blues on here feel that way? Or fans of other clubs? It's supposed to be the holy grail of football, but I'd take winning the league over the CL all day every day.

On a very selfish level, I like to see City in Europe at least once a season where possible (going to Seville in November). It's basically the same teams every season so it limits new away day opportunities. Europa League however.....spoilt for choice when we were in that! Smiley

I'm with you in part on this and winning the league is the priority. I think the majority of City fans would say the same thing as well. Using the 2 recent home games against Juventus and  West Ham as an example, the West Ham game was far more important to me than the Juventus game and my reaction to the losses is proportionate as well.

I'd still like to do well in the Champions League tho Smiley 

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2015, 06:35:17 AM »

George, I've noticed you have used the term "citeh" on the prediction thread. Obviously, it is as a skit on the Manc accent and is now widely used. I was interested in the origins and apparently the  term 'Citeh' was first coined by the Football365 website about 15 years ago. The site was originally set up by a group of London-based football fans including the broadcaster and Spurs fan Danny Kelly.

As you support a Manchester team ( well, just outside Manchester...) I was wondering why you use such a derogatory term? Smiley
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2015, 09:28:03 AM »

George, I've noticed you have used the term "citeh" on the prediction thread. Obviously, it is as a skit on the Manc accent and is now widely used. I was interested in the origins and apparently the  term 'Citeh' was first coined by the Football365 website about 15 years ago. The site was originally set up by a group of London-based football fans including the broadcaster and Spurs fan Danny Kelly.

As you support a Manchester team ( well, just outside Manchester...) I was wondering why you use such a derogatory term? Smiley

If this offends you imagine how Manchester United fans feel when referred to as m***re, or simply as s**m.

Up till fairly recently I had used this too, but hadn't seen it as being particularly offensive.
I use it in conversations with my card carrying City fan mate and he finds on issue with it, uses it himself in a jokey way when talking to me.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2015, 09:50:13 AM »

George, I've noticed you have used the term "citeh" on the prediction thread. Obviously, it is as a skit on the Manc accent and is now widely used. I was interested in the origins and apparently the  term 'Citeh' was first coined by the Football365 website about 15 years ago. The site was originally set up by a group of London-based football fans including the broadcaster and Spurs fan Danny Kelly.

If this offends you imagine how Manchester United fans feel when referred to as m***re, or simply as s**m.

Up till fairly recently I had used this too, but hadn't seen it as being particularly offensive.
I use it in conversations with my card carrying City fan mate and he finds on issue with it, uses it himself in a jokey way when talking to me.

Doesn't it also distinguish it from other teams called City?

If you want people taking the mickey out of accents, have you seen Peaky Blinders?!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2015, 10:01:40 AM »

Its also a lot less offensive then names like Munich.

I dont think names like manure etc are offensive, they dont really both me one bit, Munich does but then again I dont even think Arrboy would sink that low if we blew him a 1.01 shot and hed been on the beers all day!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2015, 10:32:46 AM »

All tongue in cheek. Not offended by the term in the slightest and I use it myself in a self-deprecating way because I'm probably up there with Cambridge Alex in the posh stakes. Or maybe not..

It does amuse me tho when United supporters use the term to mimic the accent of people from the same city of the club they support.

In my circles the most common term for United fans is "rags". I think they used to call it themselves many years ago and it has stuck.  Munichs is obviously  awful but I think on the wane now.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 30, 2015, 10:34:54 AM »

George, I've noticed you have used the term "citeh" on the prediction thread. Obviously, it is as a skit on the Manc accent and is now widely used. I was interested in the origins and apparently the  term 'Citeh' was first coined by the Football365 website about 15 years ago. The site was originally set up by a group of London-based football fans including the broadcaster and Spurs fan Danny Kelly.

Doesn't it also distinguish it from other teams called City?

If you want people taking the mickey out of accents, have you seen Peaky Blinders?!

Never heard of Peaky Blinders. I'll make a note to take a look.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: