blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:45:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 399993 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2015, 11:11:22 AM »

Morning.

Surprisingly, there was not a Man City thread, & we appear to have a few of their supporters on board, including hhyftrftdyr & Archer. It's up to those guys to seed & sweat the thread, with chit chat as to what is happening, it will be what you make it.

We can change the thread title if you prefer something else.

Good luck.

Note that several people find the nick "citeh" objectionable. I fancy they may have to get used to it.    
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 11:20:53 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 11:12:13 AM »

A 2-1 defeat at home last night in the champions League. They have never won their opening CL fixture.

Bit early to judge, but they rarely seem to excel in Europe. Why?

BBC Sport were critical of Sterling.....

Sterling has made a big early impact following his £49m move to Manchester City from Liverpool - but one area of his game still needs some serious work.

The 20-year-old needs to improve his conversion rate when presented with chances and, before his substitution 20 minutes from time, he demonstrated once again that he must be more ruthless when applying that final flourish.

He wasted a perfect early chance when he shot straight at Juve keeper Gigi Buffon, then did the same again later after he was set up by David Silva with City leading 1-0. Yes, they were two pieces of fine goalkeeping but Sterling should have made at least one of those opportunities count

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 11:14:58 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 11:19:37 AM »

Next match - Saturday, 5.30pm, home to West Ham, who have been quite impressive so far under a Manager who looks like he won't stand any messing. 

Care to forecast the score?

Man City are generally 1/4, West Ham 12/1, which seems a ridiculous pair of prices to me.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/man-city-v-west-ham/winner

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 11:46:12 AM »

Let's hope this thread has more support than the eithad!

Click to see full-size image.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 01:20:08 PM »

Go on then, I'll bite already.

The empty block is the away allocation, of which Juventus didn't come close to filling. Unfortunately Juve (or any away team in the CL) have to get a minimum of 5% despite not needing that amount, hence the empty block. In the league, clubs can return tickets they don't need (I think WHU are sending back the top tier for Saturdays game, these can then be sold to the home fans), but the rules are different in Europe.

As for the scattered empty seats, well its half time. People often go for a drink and a pie, or go to the concourse for a natter with friends. You can see it's halftime cos the groundsmen are on the pitch.

You probably knew all this ^ already but are just after a reaction Wink

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 01:23:29 PM »

Go on then, I'll bite already.

The empty block is the away allocation, of which Juventus didn't come close to filling. Unfortunately Juve (or any away team in the CL) have to get a minimum of 5% despite not needing that amount, hence the empty block. In the league, clubs can return tickets they don't need (I think WHU are sending back the top tier for Saturdays game, these can then be sold to the home fans), but the rules are different in Europe.

As for the scattered empty seats, well its half time. People often go for a drink and a pie, or go to the concourse for a natter with friends. You can see it's halftime cos the groundsmen are on the pitch.

You probably knew all this ^ already but are just after a reaction Wink

Apologies, I thought they were your defence.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 01:23:52 PM »

For those unfamiliar with Manchester City, here's a brief history.

Formed in 2008.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 01:32:26 PM »

A 2-1 defeat at home last night in the champions League. They have never won their opening CL fixture.

Bit early to judge, but they rarely seem to excel in Europe. Why?

BBC Sport were critical of Sterling.....

Sterling has made a big early impact following his £49m move to Manchester City from Liverpool - but one area of his game still needs some serious work.

The 20-year-old needs to improve his conversion rate when presented with chances and, before his substitution 20 minutes from time, he demonstrated once again that he must be more ruthless when applying that final flourish.

He wasted a perfect early chance when he shot straight at Juve keeper Gigi Buffon, then did the same again later after he was set up by David Silva with City leading 1-0. Yes, they were two pieces of fine goalkeeping but Sterling should have made at least one of those opportunities count

Sadly this is pretty accurate. We were comfortable at 1-0 but its such a dangerous score line. Not getting the 2nd has cost us. and Sterling was the biggest culprit.

I didn't think too much of Juventus, but they are a class above any other team who will come to Eastlands this season. Very organised, very experienced, and they have players who are capable of pulling a rabbit out the hat. Interesting to watch Pogba in the flesh. At times he looked distinctly average, then he'd do something that gives you a glimpse of why he is so highly coveted. Will he be wearing blue in the future?

Was probably exactly the type of game Juve needed; struggling in the league where they start every game as clear favourites, so coming to Manchester as the 'underdogs' (at least in the bookies eyes) was I imagine a nice change for them. Could play with a bit more freedom and a little less pressure. With Seville winning 3-0, it puts us on the back foot already, but we never do things the easy way in Europe.

Best Bitter.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 02:11:58 PM »

Formed in 2008.

That's essentially it. As good as they are it's hard to really be bothered by them.

Blue text
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 02:53:46 PM »

Now City have conceded a goal, will they replace Mangala with Otamendi?

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 03:38:08 PM »

"Noisy" Neighbours isn't really correct anymore. Very similar to Arsenal these days with a lot of the Prawn Sandwich fans arriving the past few years.

Feed em rice.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 03:43:25 PM »

Formed in 2008.

That's essentially it. As good as they are it's hard to really be bothered by them.

I lol'd

It is funny to see the change around here up't north threre are a lot more city fans out and about as much as we joke about them having no fans.

Kids like the teams that are winning which is fair enough.

In my school we probably had a split of around 60% United fans 20% Liverpool and 20% other - City, Everton, Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn etc. Now I would say it would be something like 45/20/20/15 with United/City/Liverpool/Other at a guess.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 03:46:35 PM »

Should be able to fill the ground at these prices though

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 03:49:56 PM »

Its going to take years of being at the top to build up a fan base though, BUT the money City are now pumping into grassroots and the areas around eastlands is really impressive and should leave them in a great position going forward.

They have a bottomless well of money but yet they are still sorting things for the future.

I do wonder what the die hards on the terraces think of all the new fans though. United got a lot of stick over the prawn sandwhich brigade but we need it, we need people through the doors paying corporate prices to keep the club going.

Ciry I think should get out there giving tickets to kids and selling super cheap to people to get a new following of die hard fans. The people that pay £5 a pop can end up being your season ticket holders. United's £200 a pop crew wont ever been seen in Sam Platt's before a game, unless its me Smiley

"ace high"

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 04:01:31 PM »

I like City more than any of the current Champions League clubs for two reasons:

1. They aren't United, Chelsea or Arsenal.

2. David Silva plays for them.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: