blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:40:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 401688 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: July 29, 2017, 10:53:14 AM »

I like this guy ^^^ Smiley

Not spending any money on full backs for 6 years (and then getting rid of all 4 in one window) has really skewed the figures. We needed significant investment in that area and that's what we've done. Barring disaster or a bargain, we shouldn't be doing too much activity there for at least the next couple of seasons, probs longer.

Maybe in an ideal world the club would've prepared better, so instead of spending £120m on one position in one window, these would have been gradually introduced in the last 2/3 years and we could've slowly phased out our ageing FBs. I'm sure no-one would've batted an eyelid if the £120m was spent across 5 windows.

Not that I care, its not my money and I love seeing us spend huge sums of oil money and watching the media, and Maureen, cry about it.

Best Bitter.
christianu

View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 29, 2017, 08:31:33 PM »

Yeah sorry I was a little too abrasive in my post, especially for a newcomer! You know how it is defending your clubs/players/managers though.. so my apologies for the tone but the sentiment still stands!

hhyftrftdr, I'm gonna guess that's not your real name, my Uncle has your approach to it all; laps it up and loves the media meltdown re: the spending. Personally I'd still like everyone to be a bit more open-eyed to the new age of football and not get so outraged or surprised at fees that generally don't matter. Sigurdsson 50m makes perfect sense to me for as example, if Swansea sell him then it's curtains!
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: July 30, 2017, 12:24:30 AM »

Yeah sorry I was a little too abrasive in my post, especially for a newcomer! You know how it is defending your clubs/players/managers though.. so my apologies for the tone but the sentiment still stands!

hhyftrftdr, I'm gonna guess that's not your real name, my Uncle has your approach to it all; laps it up and loves the media meltdown re: the spending. Personally I'd still like everyone to be a bit more open-eyed to the new age of football and not get so outraged or surprised at fees that generally don't matter. Sigurdsson 50m makes perfect sense to me for as example, if Swansea sell him then it's curtains!

In my eyes, you're gonna struggle to be too abrasive.

Tikay will testify Wink

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: July 30, 2017, 08:25:41 AM »

Impressed last night, Diaz looks decent just not sure if Nasri is been used to off load but did have a decent game.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: July 30, 2017, 08:38:59 AM »

been here before....

Manchester City's £220 million summer spending spree puts them back on Uefa FFP watchlist

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/29/manchester-citys-220-million-summer-spending-spree-puts-back/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: July 30, 2017, 10:10:27 AM »

Impressed last night, Diaz looks decent just not sure if Nasri is been used to off load but did have a decent game.

hard not to be impressed with that performance - it was superb! I know it doesn't count for anything but destroying Spurs so comfortably was a thing of great beauty Smiley

Loving the new guys - Ederson, Walker and Danilo all very, very good.

I'm liking Stones as well in the middle of the 3 and  Sterling on fire.

Yep, Nasri excellent as well
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: July 30, 2017, 10:40:19 AM »

been here before....

Manchester City's £220 million summer spending spree puts them back on Uefa FFP watchlist

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/29/manchester-citys-220-million-summer-spending-spree-puts-back/

Jeez, this is a complete and utter crock of  ****.

Spending so far is not even an issue as regards FFP.  The spend so far amortised over, say, 5 years is c£44mil booked to loss in the 17/18 accounts which wont be looked at by UEFA (in the same way as everyone else) until late 2018. The £44mil booked loss is likely to be nearly  offset by net profit on sales when all deals done.

Then there are wages. With so may players released and a change in City's pay structure (wages aren't as big as a few years back) it looks like we are reducing overall wage cost and not increasing.

All this means we can still splash out on a further big purchase such as Sanchez or Mbappe and be within FFP.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: July 30, 2017, 10:46:05 AM »

been here before....

Jeez, this is a complete and utter crock of  ****.

Spending so far is not even an issue as regards FFP.  The spend so far amortised over, say, 5 years is c£44mil booked to loss in the 17/18 accounts which wont be looked at by UEFA (in the same way as everyone else) until late 2018. The £44mil booked loss is likely to be nearly  offset by net profit on sales when all deals done.

Then there are wages. With so may players released and a change in City's pay structure (wages aren't as big as a few years back) it looks like we are reducing overall wage cost and not increasing.

All this means we can still splash out on a further big purchase such as Sanchez or Mbappe and be within FFP.

Yeah people really fail to understand paying off a transfer over the life of the contract.

We could spunk off another £100m tomorrow and still be fine, and to paraphrase King Kev, I'd love it if we did that, love it.

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: July 30, 2017, 12:08:58 PM »

One particular highlight from last night was the long-ball "nearly" assist from Ederson to Aguero.  All part of Ederson's armoury:

At 1.44 in this clip:

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: July 30, 2017, 12:12:14 PM »

^^^^

He could be the new Dave Beasant.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: July 30, 2017, 12:58:09 PM »

You can't be offside from a goal kick?! Have I completely missed a rule change somewhere or has this always been the case?

Not for the first time, I feel like a dunce Smiley

Best Bitter.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: July 30, 2017, 01:18:47 PM »

You can't be offside from a goal kick?! Have I completely missed a rule change somewhere or has this always been the case?

Always been the case. You can in theory also give away a free kick just outside your *own* penalty area for being offside....
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: July 30, 2017, 01:52:13 PM »

Always been the case. You can in theory also give away a free kick just outside your *own* penalty area for being offside....

How does that work? I thought you couldn't be offside in your own half.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: July 30, 2017, 02:07:14 PM »

How does that work? I thought you couldn't be offside in your own half.

Standing in an offside position in the opposition half, you run back towards your own goal to pick up a pass. The indirect free kick is given from where you touch the ball.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: July 30, 2017, 03:13:51 PM »

“He has this quality with his huge goal kicks,” says Guardiola.

“When the opposition makes high pressing and it’s complicated, now we have the chance to put the ball in the other box, and of course we have a little bit more space in the middle of the pitch. When I was at Bayern Munich we played Benfica in the Champions League and he was there, and when we tried to analyse them we saw it four or five times and we organised a meeting to say ‘Guys, what’s the matter? What is that?’

“We tried to work about that because he has this quality to put the ball in the other box and it’s not offside. We spread out the opponents and we can have more space in the middle.”
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: