blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:51:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 402468 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1500 on: August 22, 2017, 12:26:39 PM »

Very quiet in here this morning.

Ha, didn't get chance to watch it so had to settle for the text updates on Sky. Sounds like 2 ongoing issues from last season; not clinical enough in front of goal, and getting shafted by the refs. Obv the latter is more fun to focus on Smiley

Woulda snap taken a point at half time but sounds like we were much the better team despite playing with 10 men.

Onwards to Bournemouth on Saturday and a game I can certainly watch as she'll be at work Wink

I think both sides were on the wrong end of bad refereeing decisions last night.

To a degree, players bring this upon their selves.  (From both teams last night).

Theatrical triple & quadruple barrel rolls at the slightest touch, & City were the most guilty of this last night. Incredibly ironic to see them complain when they get sent off in error (as the City player was), but if they keep play acting, they only have themselves to blame really.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: August 22, 2017, 12:45:26 PM »

Just watched brief highlights from last night. Great finish from Sterling. I assume an apology is imminent from the ref....I'm not sure how he's sent him off, on what grounds? For being on the pitch? For breathing?

FA should rescind it without us needing to appeal first. An embarrasing decision. Best league in the world deserves the best match officials, not these Sunday league charlatans.

Feels good to get on the referees back early doors Smiley

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: August 22, 2017, 02:12:20 PM »

I'm not sure you can appeal a 2nd yellow.

There was a hell of a lot of over-acting after trivial fouls from both teams yesterday - it makes reffing these games very difficult.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: August 22, 2017, 02:57:09 PM »

Same old, same old…a throwback to last season’s home games against the bigger teams..not taking chances, conceding easily after mistakes and  a dodgy ref decision impacting the game. (VAR can’t come sooner for me. It went live in Germany at the weekend with positive feedback  and a VAR penalty was awarded after just 35 seconds)

After slow start, difficulty adapting to the Gueye/Schederlin man to man on Silva/KDB, pressure was cranked up after 25 mins or so and def that feel we were about to score and probably should have scored. And then the sucker punch..again…followed by the joke decision to send of Walker for apparently  the 1st time in his career.

Thought it was really impressive to dominate the way we did in the 2nd half 10 against 11. The switch to 4 at the back made such a difference (I’m not a fan of 3 at the back with City yet but time will tell) and all 3 subs v good – new Silva has magic in his feet, Danilo a def upgrade and Sterling just makes things happen and my and the bluemoon motm last night.

For the nerds amongst us, xG was 1.1-0.6 according to Caley and 1.24-0.7 on another model I’m following.  A new game in the car on the way home is guessing the xG – we had it at about 1.8-0.7.

As for Everton, I’m predicting a good season for them because they are so defensively sound. If they can score enough I fancy them to finish at least ahead of Arsenal 😊
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: August 22, 2017, 03:01:00 PM »

Same old, same old…a throwback to last season’s home games against the bigger teams..not taking chances, conceding easily after mistakes and  a dodgy ref decision impacting the game. (VAR can’t come sooner for me. It went live in Germany at the weekend with positive feedback  and a VAR penalty was awarded after just 35 seconds)

After slow start, difficulty adapting to the Gueye/Schederlin man to man on Silva/KDB, pressure was cranked up after 25 mins or so and def that feel we were about to score and probably should have scored. And then the sucker punch..again…followed by the joke decision to send of Walker for apparently  the 1st time in his career.

Thought it was really impressive to dominate the way we did in the 2nd half 10 against 11. The switch to 4 at the back made such a difference (I’m not a fan of 3 at the back with City yet but time will tell) and all 3 subs v good – new Silva has magic in his feet, Danilo a def upgrade and Sterling just makes things happen and my and the bluemoon motm last night.

For the nerds amongst us, xG was 1.1-0.6 according to Caley and 1.24-0.7 on another model I’m following.  A new game in the car on the way home is guessing the xG – we had it at about 1.8-0.7.

As for Everton, I’m predicting a good season for them because they are so defensively sound. If they can score enough I fancy them to finish at least ahead of Arsenal 😊

Agree with most of what you said there.  Everton look good to me and Stoke fans are not too worried about the opening day narrow defeat to them when their keeper stopped us getting a point.  Silva looks class.  Shame Sterling still can't finish simple chances.  His pace is frightening.  Like a modern day Franz Carr for the older fans out there.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: August 22, 2017, 03:14:19 PM »

Agree with most of what you said there.  Everton look good to me and Stoke fans are not too worried about the opening day narrow defeat to them when their keeper stopped us getting a point.  Silva looks class.  Shame Sterling still can't finish simple chances.  His pace is frightening.  Like a modern day Franz Carr for the older fans out there.

Did he play for Forest, or am I thinking of someone else?

Hoping I'm wrong... as with Tikay and Ralph here, I'm not wanting to be lumped in with the older fans Cheesy

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: August 22, 2017, 03:26:57 PM »

Same old, same old…a throwback to last season’s home games against the bigger teams..not taking chances, conceding easily after mistakes and  a dodgy ref decision impacting the game. (VAR can’t come sooner for me. It went live in Germany at the weekend with positive feedback  and a VAR penalty was awarded after just 35 seconds)

After slow start, difficulty adapting to the Gueye/Schederlin man to man on Silva/KDB, pressure was cranked up after 25 mins or so and def that feel we were about to score and probably should have scored. And then the sucker punch..again…followed by the joke decision to send of Walker for apparently  the 1st time in his career.

For the nerds amongst us, xG was 1.1-0.6 according to Caley and 1.24-0.7 on another model I’m following.  A new game in the car on the way home is guessing the xG – we had it at about 1.8-0.7.

Agree with most of what you said there.  Everton look good to me and Stoke fans are not too worried about the opening day narrow defeat to them when their keeper stopped us getting a point.  Silva looks class.  Shame Sterling still can't finish simple chances.  His pace is frightening.  Like a modern day Franz Carr for the older fans out there.

Did he play for Forest, or am I thinking of someone else?

Hoping I'm wrong... as with Tikay and Ralph here, I'm not wanting to be lumped in with the older fans Cheesy

You are old and he did play for Forest.  Fastest player i have ever seen live.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Carr

My mate at school had season tickets for Forest and his seats were really low in the big stand opposite the main stand where the players run out.  No idea what the stand's name was.  First half you would see Stuart Pearce close up at left back destroying wingers then second half FC nutmeg'ing the opposition left back for fun but zero delivery where it matters.  Great Forest team that was late 80s.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 03:32:31 PM by arbboy » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: August 22, 2017, 03:43:10 PM »

FFS  Sad

The good old days of footy on the concrete at lunchtimes.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: August 22, 2017, 04:27:03 PM »

There was a hell of a lot of over-acting after trivial fouls from both teams yesterday - it makes reffing these games very difficult.

Correct, & that's partly why refs make bad decisions so often.

The players, managers & coaches have themselves to blame, so this finger waving at the ref cuts no ice with me. Get their own house in order before blaming the refs. Less "acting" & simulation will mean less bad decisions.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: August 22, 2017, 04:56:32 PM »

Different year, same ****

Click to see full-size image.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: August 22, 2017, 05:41:16 PM »

Bloody tourists.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: August 22, 2017, 06:02:33 PM »

Quote from: Karabiner link=topic=66031.msg2201916#msg2201916 tdate=1503407540

Correct, & that's partly why refs make bad decisions so often.

The players, managers & coaches have themselves to blame, so this finger waving at the ref cuts no ice with me. Get their own house in order before blaming the refs. Less "acting" & simulation will mean less bad decisions.

Struggle to agree with this.

Whilst I'm sure we'd all love the game to be devoid of diving, play acting, feigning contact and injury etc, it's not and it won't be. This isn't anything new and it has been going on for a long time now. To be  a ref in the premier league means you are at the top of your profession. This isn't some tinpot organisation, it's the most watched league in the world and it deserve the best officials possible.

Refs should be savvy enough to know when they have been duped and when they can let things ride. These are, after all, the best professionals in their line of work. Of course they are only human and mistakes will happen, this is why a video ref for the key decisions is a no brainer; we have it for goalline decisions and the next logical step is to roll it out for big potentially game changing decisions. But many decisions wouldnt even need a video ref, it just needs a ref to be competent. And sadly the PL is severly lacking in decent reliable officials.

The Walker sending off was absurd. It's basic simple decisions like these that refs get wrong and bring the integrity of the game into question.

Whilst it might not be an easy job, perhaps made more difficult by players various antics, these are supposed to be the best of the best and should be getting nearly all the big decisions correct. They don't, and it's a cop out to blame the players.

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: August 24, 2017, 07:56:49 AM »

who do you want?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: August 24, 2017, 08:00:53 AM »

Manchester City agree deal to buy Spanish club Girona http://trib.al/xnDo6y3

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: August 24, 2017, 09:14:03 AM »

who do you want?

Anyone except real, bayern or juventus  from pot 1 to enhance prospects of winning group
Avoid the 2 italian clubs from pot 3
Anyone Pot 4

EFL cup draw last night and another away tie for City against a PL team.  Interesting sequence at the moment - this will be our 13th domestic tie (FAC & EFL) since Jan  2016 and with the exception of Huddersfield last season ALL have been against PL opposition. Furthermore we have not been drawn at home in 10 of the games and the other 3 were semis/finals. Some sequence that and it irks me because I like to go to home games and I rarely go away nowadays.

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: