blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:13:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272598 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 402680 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: November 30, 2017, 08:49:41 PM »

A victory for football last night.

I'm all for teams having a gameplan despite how negative it might be, and Saints stuck to theirs rigidly, but when you blatantly waste time from the first whistle then you deserve to lose to a 96th minute winner. Football karma at its finest.

What are teams supposed to do though.  We attacked you and lost 6-0 at home!!

As Archer said, it wasn't the tactics or set up as such (despite it being very negative, you gotta do what you gotta do), it was the blatant timewasting from the off that was grinding. Probably the worst I've ever seen at Eastlands and that is saying something!

Forster shoulda been in the book within 10 minutes, it was patently obvious what he was gonna do all game but the ref let him get away with it when it needed nipping in the bud early doors. Likewise the players in cahoots at every throw in taking forever after spending what felt like 20 minutes deciding who would take it.

It did amuse me when, having just gone 1-0 up, Saints got a goal kick and the ballboy took his time and half arsed rolled the ball back to Forster, who suddenly decided that he wanted to play a bit quicker. Clever kid Smiley

I hate it when the goalkeeper tools take the goal kick from the other side of the six yard box.  Pathetic.  Just change the rule ffs.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: November 30, 2017, 09:35:32 PM »

A victory for football last night.

I'm all for teams having a gameplan despite how negative it might be, and Saints stuck to theirs rigidly, but when you blatantly waste time from the first whistle then you deserve to lose to a 96th minute winner. Football karma at its finest.

What are teams supposed to do though.  We attacked you and lost 6-0 at home!!

As Archer said, it wasn't the tactics or set up as such (despite it being very negative, you gotta do what you gotta do), it was the blatant timewasting from the off that was grinding. Probably the worst I've ever seen at Eastlands and that is saying something!

Forster shoulda been in the book within 10 minutes, it was patently obvious what he was gonna do all game but the ref let him get away with it when it needed nipping in the bud early doors. Likewise the players in cahoots at every throw in taking forever after spending what felt like 20 minutes deciding who would take it.

It did amuse me when, having just gone 1-0 up, Saints got a goal kick and the ballboy took his time and half arsed rolled the ball back to Forster, who suddenly decided that he wanted to play a bit quicker. Clever kid Smiley

Nail on head about the throw-ins. The problem is the referee who just fails to wise up to it or just simply blissfully ignores.

Still it ended well with Mr Sterling's finish. The disallowed one that he bagged a minute earlier  was pretty good as well.

Some other amusements in/after the game - Ederson and the touch from the long ball, Mendy and, hmmm, the pictures of Silva Smiley
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: December 01, 2017, 08:57:54 AM »

Click to see full-size image.
XG" border="0

I believe that this is the best XG that any team has put up against City this year and one of their lowest XG home attacking performances.

I though it was an excellent defensive performance. Defended very strongly, restricting City to long range efforts. Looked dangerous at time and exposed the issues in the City defense.

We are making huge strides with an excellent performance against Everton and feeling was very positive after last night. You can't really expect teams to turn up and go gung ho against the best attack the premier league has ever seen?

Can you elaborate on the ''issues in the City defence''?

Curious as to what these are....

Set pieces no?

Hoedt hitting the bar, Yoshida missing a great chance, Van Dijk missing with a free header. Perhaps it's is pushing it claiming it is a big "issue" but we don't usually get that much joy in the air. Will be interesting to see how that defence fairs against United - one the most physical teams in the league.

They just need to change the rule about time wasting. It is frustrating for everyone but no one is going to take the moral high ground and not do it while it isn't properly punished.

Also, Sterling runs like a Victorian woman running away from a mouse.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: December 01, 2017, 10:36:55 AM »

XG" border="0

I believe that this is the best XG that any team has put up against City this year and one of their lowest XG home attacking performances.

I though it was an excellent defensive performance. Defended very strongly, restricting City to long range efforts. Looked dangerous at time and exposed the issues in the City defense.

We are making huge strides with an excellent performance against Everton and feeling was very positive after last night. You can't really expect teams to turn up and go gung ho against the best attack the premier league has ever seen?

Set pieces no?

Hoedt hitting the bar, Yoshida missing a great chance, Van Dijk missing with a free header. Perhaps it's is pushing it claiming it is a big "issue" but we don't usually get that much joy in the air. Will be interesting to see how that defence fairs against United - one the most physical teams in the league.

They just need to change the rule about time wasting. It is frustrating for everyone but no one is going to take the moral high ground and not do it while it isn't properly punished.

I prefer that analogy of Velma from Scooby Doo?
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: December 01, 2017, 02:53:37 PM »

XG" border="0

Set pieces no?

Otamendi's OG at Huddersfield was the first goal we'd conceded from a set piece this season. If that's an issue then so be it but I don't see it personally. You're a big team so you were bound to have a sniff if you got a corner or free kick in a decent position.

And Sterling can run like a 3 legged dog for all I care, as long as he keeps banging in 96th minute winners Wink

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: December 02, 2017, 11:30:20 AM »

The football genius has spoken....

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/11152389/david-moyes-says-manchester-city-not-great-until-they-win-premier-league

Best Bitter.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: December 02, 2017, 12:28:38 PM »

he's right though, innit.

you're the best team i've seen domestically, or prettiest at least, for a long time.

but city could end up being a very rich version of keegan's newcastle.

unlikely, but he has a point.

you could do with some competition to liven your crowd up though. quiet applause and leaving to beat the rush. citeh have gone from gallagher brothers to haute cuisine, from richard dunne to having pirlo playing in goal. its happened too quickly for you. the neaveau riche appropriating continental football and prattling on about inverted full backs and false nines like a northern lottery winner who think chunky gold chains, burbbery check shirts and mock tudor fountains are a way into the upper echelons of society. too much of a good thing, imo. you're becoming too cultured, breaking silence only to clap the umpteenith pass of a move.

kippax it aint

you need some more rough and tumble draws to keep your feet grounded. you dont want to end up being arsenal fans.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 12:32:06 PM by teddybloat » Logged
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: December 02, 2017, 12:51:32 PM »

he's right though, innit.

you're the best team i've seen domestically, or prettiest at least, for a long time.

but city could end up being a very rich version of keegan's newcastle.

unlikely, but he has a point.

you could do with some competition to liven your crowd up though. quiet applause and leaving to beat the rush. citeh have gone from gallagher brothers to haute cuisine, from richard dunne to having pirlo playing in goal. its happened too quickly for you. the neaveau riche appropriating continental football and prattling on about inverted full backs and false nines like a northern lottery winner who think chunky gold chains, burbbery check shirts and mock tudor fountains are a way into the upper echelons of society. too much of a good thing, imo. you're becoming too cultured, breaking silence only to clap the umpteenith pass of a move.

kippax it aint

you need some more rough and tumble draws to keep your feet grounded. you dont want to end up being arsenal fans.

It was more David Moyes, the manager of West Ham stealing a living, discussing City's weaknesses.

So no, he's not right innit.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: December 02, 2017, 12:55:55 PM »

In before Andy Carroll scores a last minute winner tomorrow Wink

Best Bitter.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: December 02, 2017, 08:29:16 PM »

It was more David Moyes, the manager of West Ham stealing a living, discussing City's weaknesses.

As opposed to people brought up on Joe Royal and Mark 'stoke' Hughes dissecting xG and the nuances of tika taka like they have Catalan blood running through their northern veins.

He is right

You walk the league playing boss football = greatness

Pretty second place = Arsenal / Newcastle
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: December 02, 2017, 09:01:48 PM »

As opposed to people brought up on Joe Royal and Mark 'stoke' Hughes dissecting xG and the nuances of tika taka like they have Catalan blood running through their northern veins.

He is right

You walk the league playing boss football = greatness

Pretty second place = Arsenal / Newcastle

Did you not see the silky passes the Whitley brothers used to do under JR?! Wink

Best Bitter.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: December 02, 2017, 09:51:52 PM »

love to see sterling and de bruyne sashey their way around parkinson, ebberell and barry horne on a wet tuesday night...
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: December 03, 2017, 01:20:18 PM »

A visit to the Ethiad today. Just for Zabba

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: December 03, 2017, 04:52:02 PM »

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile