blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:07:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 399933 times)
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #1875 on: February 19, 2018, 10:10:40 PM »

Ban for Aguero coming up?
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: February 19, 2018, 10:32:06 PM »

The level of trolling in this thread lately is ridiculous.

IIRC blonde lost posters because of this sort of guff on the Liverpool thread.

Easy to see why City  fans aren't posting much of late.

Can't the xxxx fans have their sport on their own thread?

The football threads really do get irksome, as people take the banter baton and keep running.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: February 19, 2018, 10:35:30 PM »

Sorry, I meant - unlucky to my 2nd fav team, you gave Wigan a good run tbf

sola virtus nobilitat
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: February 19, 2018, 10:38:50 PM »

Ban for Aguero coming up?

I don't really think there was much in it. Looks like he brushed him off then had some words for him.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: February 19, 2018, 10:43:05 PM »

Easy to see why City  fans aren't posting much of late.

The football threads really do get irksome, as people take the banter baton and keep running.

Grin

top bombing, sir
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: February 19, 2018, 10:52:39 PM »

To be fair, as someone who used to trek up to OT a few times a season, after being converted by my 50 year United fan Uncle, in the 80s.

I've seen more City games than any other team in the league this season, and being that good, you've got to expect everyone to fire a few missiles when you get ironed out by Wigan.

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: February 19, 2018, 11:08:39 PM »

82% Percentage not much more City could do with ten men. Suppose the haters will say it was a defo sending off? Just as I go to more games than most on here I feel I am allowed to comment on City. Maybe it's a touch of jealousy but no we are not the best team in all the land and the world but from years of being the noisy neighbours travelling to York away and losing I have stayed with my team from being bought up in Moss Side you only have one choice of team which I'm glad to carry on to follow.ctid

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: February 19, 2018, 11:39:15 PM »

To be fair, as someone who used to trek up to OT a few times a season, after being converted by my 50 year United fan Uncle, in the 80s.

I've seen more City games than any other team in the league this season, and being that good, you've got to expect everyone to fire a few missiles when you get ironed out by Wigan.

The more missiles the merrier for me. I was just copying a Tal post from the United thread Smiley
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: February 19, 2018, 11:41:05 PM »

Also keep the fans off the pitch, its an offence. Never see anyone get arrested for it. And the pie eater mentioned the Falklands to Sergio wtf has that got to do with a game off football

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: February 19, 2018, 11:49:48 PM »

I think Guardiola was incensed by Cook's demand for the red card to be shown. No doubt Cook will shrug off his playground behaviour by claiming he's just "passionate". Shame to see Pep lose it too, though. I still think he's a class act.

Interesting that the Wigan players immediately surrounded the ref (also demanding a red card), showing little concern for the player who had been poleaxed by Delf's challenge. There was a post-Manure-Arse directive to give a yellow when more than 4 (?) players pressure the ref. Did Wigan get a yellow?

Somehow the ref caved to the pressure and gave the red after initially pulling out the yellow. Have to say that I don't think VAR would've helped in this situation. There wasn't a single angle that was conclusive. In real time, it just looked like a full-blooded tackle which won the ball. These days it's called reckless if the opponent has an opportunity to do a triple salco.

At least Grigg's goal was a worthy winner.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: February 19, 2018, 11:57:50 PM »

The more missiles the merrier for me. I was just copying a Tal post from the United thread Smiley

Shows how much attention I pay Cheesy

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: February 20, 2018, 12:21:35 AM »

82% Percentage not much more City could do with ten men. Suppose the haters will say it was a defo sending off? Just as I go to more games than most on here I feel I am allowed to comment on City. Maybe it's a touch of jealousy but no we are not the best team in all the land and the world but from years of being the noisy neighbours travelling to York away and losing I have stayed with my team from being bought up in Moss Side you only have one choice of team which I'm glad to carry on to follow.ctid

I really like City and that was a deffo red..reckless and limb endangering. I don't think the red changed the game tbf, still looked like City had 15 men.

Anyway, while we're here, wtf was Kylie Walker doing..looked like a Lipizzaner as he stepped over it- nearly strained me belleh.

sola virtus nobilitat
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: February 20, 2018, 12:29:31 AM »

I think Guardiola was incensed by Cook's demand for the red card to be shown. No doubt Cook will shrug off his playground behaviour by claiming he's just "passionate". Shame to see Pep lose it too, though. I still think he's a class act.

Interesting that the Wigan players immediately surrounded the ref (also demanding a red card), showing little concern for the player who had been poleaxed by Delf's challenge. There was a post-Manure-Arse directive to give a yellow when more than 4 (?) players pressure the ref. Did Wigan get a yellow?

Somehow the ref caved to the pressure and gave the red after initially pulling out the yellow. Have to say that I don't think VAR would've helped in this situation. There wasn't a single angle that was conclusive. In real time, it just looked like a full-blooded tackle which won the ball. These days it's called reckless if the opponent has an opportunity to do a triple salco.

At least Grigg's goal was a worthy winner.

I've no idea if it was a red card offence or not because I've no idea what the threshold is nowadays. I do know I've seen maybe 10 or more tackles on City players this season that were significantly worse than that and they have either not been punished or yellows. I suspect that is behind Pep's ire as well as Cook and players looking for the red card. The big problem for me though was Taylor  changing his mind from yellow to red and I agree unlikely VAR would have made a difference.  I can't recall ever seeing a ref writing a player's name on the yellow card and then deciding it was  a red card. He did the same thing in reverse last year in the City v Chelsea game (for a blatant red) where he went for the red card and then changed his mind.  I was angry on behalf of Delph who now misses Wembley at the weekend.   Anthony Taylor has now sent off 3 City players in Pep's short time in English football.  He is not very popular in the Blue half of Manchester not least because he was born and lived 3 miles from Old Trafford and his family are United fans and his  performance last year at the Etihad in the Chelsea game was probably the worst ref's performance I've seen in my many years of watching football.

I suspect the game was great from a neutral's perspective.  Brilliant for football really.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: February 20, 2018, 12:41:32 AM »

I really like City and that was a deffo red..reckless and limb endangering. I don't think the red changed the game tbf, still looked like City had 15 men.

Anyway, while we're here, wtf was Kylie Walker doing..looked like a Lipizzaner as he stepped over it- nearly strained me belleh.

Not her finest moment. Bizzarely pulled out of the tackle as well when she had the chance.  Hopefully she will make up for it at the weekend Smiley
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: February 20, 2018, 06:41:02 AM »

Easy to see why City  fans aren't posting much of late.

My views still stand, but everyone made it clear it was just me. Not much point saying it again, is there?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: