blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:29:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 402678 times)
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: November 08, 2018, 10:50:52 AM »

he was never going to own up. he is in  the business of cheating for penalties. this was an obvious innocent slip, but he's not suddenly going to informing refs of obvious errors here any more than he would when he puts himself on the floor when he feels a touch in the area and the referee falls for it.

the shaktar players can laugh at the absurdity, but they are all players in the same game and know that for one they would snap take the penalty if the roles were reversed and for second would be happy to see one of their forwards dive for a penalty.

one thing to note is raheem is so primed for going to ground that even when he stubs his toe the fall is theatrical and enhanced. players have pavlovian responses to unexpected contacts in the area: their backs arch, arms splay, wretched expression on their faces.

that incident was emblembic, almost parody, of modern day footballers. diving jumped the shark. it was like the onion had created the scene.

i'm a huge raheem fanboy btw, not singling him out.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: November 08, 2018, 03:16:37 PM »

Manchester City Exposed: Chapter 4: A Global Empire http://dlvr.it/QqkyJN

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: November 10, 2018, 10:15:34 AM »

From TfT

united as big as 17/2 on victorbet now.

I'd never back it for obv reasons but there is definitely some value there for neutrals or value hunters. Incred to see them at that price in a Premier League game, it really shows how much they have regressed since SAF left.

Whatever happens Sunday, they are firmly in our rear view mirror, have been for a few years and will continue to be for many years.

This may come back to bite you sooner than you think.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: November 10, 2018, 10:44:27 AM »

From TfT

I'd never back it for obv reasons but there is definitely some value there for neutrals or value hunters. Incred to see them at that price in a Premier League game, it really shows how much they have regressed since SAF left.

Whatever happens Sunday, they are firmly in our rear view mirror, have been for a few years and will continue to be for many years.

What changes do you think need to be made for that to happen?
How much needs to be spent, a new manager?
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: November 10, 2018, 10:56:39 AM »

From TfT

What changes do you think need to be made for that to happen?
How much needs to be spent, a new manager?

Guardiola needs to get bored and decide to take up golf or chess.

Spend level? What they can afford from their own resource and genuine efforts.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: November 10, 2018, 09:03:23 PM »

From TfT

It won't, and feel free to quote me on it in 5/10 years.

Best Bitter.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: November 10, 2018, 11:02:52 PM »

From TfT

Quoted for posterity  Smiley

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: November 11, 2018, 07:36:43 AM »

Looking forward to later and a win against United at the Etihad is overdue - record last 3 seasons  is W0 D1 L2

In fact  since 11/12,  City's home record v Utd is W3 D1 L3  but  City really dominant at Old Trafford  W5 D1 L1.

PGMOL have opted to troll City with the appointment of Anthony Taylor as ref for this game. Totally mad and asking for trouble having a Mancunian from  a United supporting family for this game. It is the first time he has had a league game at the Etihad for a couple of years as well after his last visit was steeped in controversy.

teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: November 11, 2018, 09:23:42 AM »

Haha the tin foil posters on blue moon will be glorious today if a decision goes against you.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: November 11, 2018, 11:11:02 AM »

Haha the tin foil posters on blue moon will be glorious today if a decision goes against you.

Please let this happen - not that I would want United to win due to a dodgy decision, but purely for the comedy value.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: November 11, 2018, 11:41:15 AM »

Guys, whilst you snipe away, I'm just gonna kick back & luxuriate in the beauty of watching two of the Premier League's most wonderfully skilled & gifted players exhibit their silky skills against each other.

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: November 11, 2018, 01:55:47 PM »

not sure there are too many revelations but anyway

REVEALED: True extent of Man City's reliance on Sheik Mansour's billions https://dailym.ai/2QyOwm2

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: November 11, 2018, 09:45:14 PM »

From TfT

As I said, years behind us now.

Best Bitter.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: November 11, 2018, 10:31:09 PM »

From TfT

As I said, years behind us now.

Definitely too good for us today at any rate.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: November 13, 2018, 11:28:46 AM »

Well Sunday was fun Smiley

It's still a slightly weird feeling going into a derby game not that overly concerned or anxious. There will always be that edge to it, but it doesn't eat at you for days beforehand like it used to. In reality, playing united these days is like playing a slightly better Burnley.

It was the 2nd minute when I knew everything was going to be fine. Fernandinho played a ball into Bernardo, who turned and shot a couple yards wide. What happened next was telling. DDG takes the goal kick. Not a single united player has any interest in coming short or playing out from the back, they all immediately jog to the half way line. DDG is more than happy to hoof it long, he doesn't beckon one of them to come short. Not one of their players wants the ball, and this is 2 minutes into a derby game. The united way in 2018.

It was unfair as soon as the teams were announced; cloggers like Matic and Fellaini up against Silva x2? The game was won for us and lost for them before a ball is even kicked (or hoofed).

And the best thing was.....we didn't really get out of 2nd gear. We were decent, but we have and will play much better than that. But to beat their team of cloggers doesn't require us to leave 2nd gear. All game it felt like we could easily turn it up a notch or 2. In the end we didn't have to and still won at a canter.

Mind the gap.

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: