blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:25:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 399932 times)
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: September 16, 2019, 03:49:16 PM »

https://mobile.twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/1173557737848025094

Not many will be able to show a highlight reel vs city this season
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: September 17, 2019, 04:46:35 PM »

Laporte is a huge miss based on this performance.

Laporte is arguably, alongside perhaps Ederson, the worst player we could've lost to a long term injury. Everyone else in the squad has a direct replacement who is at least of similar quality (look how we coped without KDB last season). Sadly, we don't have a left sided centre half anywhere near as good as Aymeric.

Laporte is the type of defender/personality who gets the best out of whomever is playing alongside him. So I have no qualms if that player was Stones or Otamendi. But Stones and Otamendi together is relatively new territory and I think that rust really showed itself yesterday. I'm not one of these fans that suffer incredible knee-jerk reactions to bad performances and I think the Stones/Otamendi partnership going forward will be fine, just not as solid as Laporte/player X. I wouldn't be surprised to see Fernandinho thrown in at the back on occasions too.

As a team yesterday we were poor. The only player who came out with any credit for me was Rodri, who is an absolute beast of a player. The rest were all below their usual standards, some more than others, and we were made to pay by a spirited Norwich performance.

Probably a good time to back us for the title Wink

John Stones: Man City defender suffers muscle injury

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49733568

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: September 17, 2019, 05:59:35 PM »

Mustafi might be available in January..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: September 17, 2019, 06:03:08 PM »

Mustafi might be available in January..

I'm also available in January, and I'm probably just as good/bad as him.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: September 17, 2019, 06:12:18 PM »

Laporte is arguably, alongside perhaps Ederson, the worst player we could've lost to a long term injury. Everyone else in the squad has a direct replacement who is at least of similar quality (look how we coped without KDB last season). Sadly, we don't have a left sided centre half anywhere near as good as Aymeric.

Laporte is the type of defender/personality who gets the best out of whomever is playing alongside him. So I have no qualms if that player was Stones or Otamendi. But Stones and Otamendi together is relatively new territory and I think that rust really showed itself yesterday. I'm not one of these fans that suffer incredible knee-jerk reactions to bad performances and I think the Stones/Otamendi partnership going forward will be fine, just not as solid as Laporte/player X. I wouldn't be surprised to see Fernandinho thrown in at the back on occasions too.

As a team yesterday we were poor. The only player who came out with any credit for me was Rodri, who is an absolute beast of a player. The rest were all below their usual standards, some more than others, and we were made to pay by a spirited Norwich performance.

It's a bit of a blow, that. Injuries are of course all part of the game, but to lose 2 centre backs at the same time for quite a length of time is very unfortunate.

I know this will magnify the decision to not go for Maguire (or release Mangala Wink ) but you can't really legislate for a situation like this, and Pep will just crack on with what he has at his disposal. Part of me almost thinks that he enjoys and maybe even thrives on challenges like this when they arise.

Expect to see Fernandinho at centre half most or all games now, a la Mascherano (sp). Although we shouldn't underestimate anyone, the fixture list is relatively kind for the next 6 weeks or so, which should be enough time for Stones to get back and fit.

Pains me to say it but I think we're firmly 2nd title favourites now given these injuries and the defeat at Norwich. Liverpool away in November is shaping up to be an incredibly important game.

Best Bitter.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: September 17, 2019, 08:43:41 PM »

Fixture list kind?  You’ve got Watford Saturday son.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: September 17, 2019, 09:57:55 PM »

Yes I have a feeling that comment might come back to bite me on my arse Smiley

What's our recent record like against your mob? Wink

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: September 17, 2019, 10:54:30 PM »

Stones is out for a while and Man City drift for the title?   Isn't it an upgrade having him injured?   Anyone decent in the academy coming through to help out?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: September 17, 2019, 11:22:10 PM »

Last game I recall we beat you 1-0 with a goal by Iwan Roberts in 1988.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: September 17, 2019, 11:27:09 PM »

Last game I recall we beat you 1-0 with a goal by Iwan Roberts in 1988.

Ah, so you're one of these glory supporting 'Johnny come lately' I see.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: September 17, 2019, 11:29:31 PM »

Stones is out for a while and Man City drift for the title?   Isn't it an upgrade having him injured?   Anyone decent in the academy coming through to help out?

Garcia I think would be the only one possibly entrusted with a starting spot. He should certainly make the match day squads now. Only really played in the cups so far but a promising talent by all accounts.
Even then it would be a lot to throw a teenager into this mix and I think Pep will seek alternative solutions for most games.

Best Bitter.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: September 18, 2019, 07:55:13 AM »

It's a bit of a blow, that. Injuries are of course all part of the game, but to lose 2 centre backs at the same time for quite a length of time is very unfortunate.

I know this will magnify the decision to not go for Maguire (or release Mangala Wink ) but you can't really legislate for a situation like this, and Pep will just crack on with what he has at his disposal. Part of me almost thinks that he enjoys and maybe even thrives on challenges like this when they arise.

Expect to see Fernandinho at centre half most or all games now, a la Mascherano (sp). Although we shouldn't underestimate anyone, the fixture list is relatively kind for the next 6 weeks or so, which should be enough time for Stones to get back and fit.

Pains me to say it but I think we're firmly 2nd title favourites now given these injuries and the defeat at Norwich. Liverpool away in November is shaping up to be an incredibly important game.

To paraphrase Lady Bracknell “To lose one centre back may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose two looks like carelessness”  Smiley

Liverpool will have their moments of misfortune or carelessness too, and if they involve VVD it may hit them harder.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: September 18, 2019, 06:06:30 PM »

To paraphrase Lady Bracknell “To lose one centre back may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose two looks like carelessness”  Smiley

Liverpool will have their moments of misfortune or carelessness too, and if they involve VVD it may hit them harder.

They didn't last season, I know they had some injuries obv but they had their core key players fit all season or close I think. Don't recall Allison/VVD/Salah/Mane/Firminho being out for any real length of time.

I think if Liverpool were to lose VVD for as long as we'll be without Laporte, we'd put quite a bit of distance between them and us.
Both players are the standout performers in their position in the league.

Long way to go and plenty of swings and swongs in the offing I'm sure.

Talking of a long way to go, absolutely hats off to any City fan who is in Kharkiv tonight for the Donetsk game; 3rd season in a row we've drawn them, it's a hell of a long way to go without any direct flights from the UK, and at very late notice too. There isn't even an official day trip with Thomas Cook this time. Probably no more than a few hundred there but all credit to them and I'm sure they will enjoy some 20p vodkas tonight, win lose or draw.

Best Bitter.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: September 21, 2019, 03:20:49 PM »

missing those centre backs today...

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: September 21, 2019, 03:22:27 PM »

9-0 is the biggest btw.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: