blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:37:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Gil3000: $2,100 Thursday Thrill
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gil3000: $2,100 Thursday Thrill  (Read 6484 times)
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2015, 03:11:38 PM »

The Facts

Hi Guys, I'm looking to sell for the $2,100 Thursday Thrill which runs tomorrow, up to 10% at 1.06.

10% = $222.60
5% = $111.30
2.5%(Min) = $55.65

The Pitch

My name is Jonathan Gill and my online screen name is Gil3000. I started playing full time about 18 months ago, and for the past 12 months or so I have been backed and coached on a biweekly basis by elmerixx, pads, european and omyg0t. I can't even begin to describe how much my game has improved over this time, I have been playing 5 or 6 days a week every week, working on my game on pretty much a daily basis over that amount of time. I have since been trusted by those guys to become a coach for their smaller stakes stable where although in its early days (running for about 2 months) has proven to be successful to dates and can already see huge improvements in those players that have been recruited.

During this I will be playing no more than 8 tables (more likely no more than 6 tables) to ensure I don't miss spots and focus is at a maximum. Please be aware I may not update this thread at every break due to being busy, using techniques to maintain my calmness to ensure I can play to the best of my ability. I imagine it will be slightly tougher than the 2k sunday mill, which is why I have reduced makeup. Obviously bounties are included.

Graph over all sites over the past 12 months:
 Click to see full-size image.

Lifetime stats:

I have been keeping a diary on twoplustwo for the entirety of the series should you wish to see how WCOOP has been for me so far: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/174/poker-goals-challenges/mtts-midstakes-grafter-highstakes-cruiser-1497365/index17.html

Please send to Gil3000 on Stars (no bank transfers).

Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 03:16:03 PM »

10% pls, will send later tonight
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 03:24:05 PM »

10% pls, will send later tonight

quick sell out, ty

Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 04:58:16 PM »

Sent glgl
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 11:02:45 PM »

If you want to open up any more could I have 10% please?

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 02:51:06 PM »

If you want to open up any more could I have 10% please?

sorry dan cant open any more up

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 09:42:11 PM »

8.8k, couple of hands of note:

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/16034630_D635B53D81
rly sick but dont see him going this big with worse value hands (mainly AK trying to get me to flick in in with AJ) and I don't rly see how many bluffs he can have, RFI of 11% from EP.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/16034883_95B2EC7707
In hindisght not sure I love this, think I should play it as a one street bluff (going bigger ott) rather than setting myself up to having to put the majority of my stack at risk by doing something funky otr

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 11:10:09 PM »

Sigh gg.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/16036748_C4542C4510

vs a fish, fairly sure I can take the top of his range out with this sizing and think we can throw in a bunch of smaller pairs he would do this with to make it profitable as it's a bounty mtt, kind of feels like hes really trying to price himself in to a call with some of the weaker hands he chooses to get in vs us. Ty for investment

Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 01:45:31 AM »

UL buddy
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 12:06:10 PM »

not sure about the 86, after barrelling the turn he's pretty polar, AK/AQ checks back a lot here. Some pair+draw might bet which is a problem when we raise as he can 3bet the turn with the bounty added. If im gonna continue on the turn i kinda like call and check/jam heaps of rivers. Of course this doesnt protect us against his air making a pair and checking back otr but makes us a bigger profit when he's FOS. Also i think its very unlikely villain is bet/calling turn with anything weak enough not to call your river jam (i guess thats what would happen)
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 01:30:34 PM »

not sure about the 86, after barrelling the turn he's pretty polar, AK/AQ checks back a lot here. Some pair+draw might bet which is a problem when we raise as he can 3bet the turn with the bounty added. If im gonna continue on the turn i kinda like call and check/jam heaps of rivers. Of course this doesnt protect us against his air making a pair and checking back otr but makes us a bigger profit when he's FOS. Also i think its very unlikely villain is bet/calling turn with anything weak enough not to call your river jam (i guess thats what would happen)

Hey, personally I expect most regs to bet AQ/AK (although could be some way off with this thinking, something perhaps I need to read into more). In game I didn't check turn cbet so perhaps this was a mistake. I didn't feel like I wanted to end up getting my stack in due to it being a bounty, turning marginals into calls, making really marginal decisions pretty close for the villain. I don't think there are many weak value hands that would bet 3 for value on this sort of run out, think I prefer taking that sort of line in a freeze rather than a prog super KO for reasons mentioned above.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: