blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:52:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Soon, it won't even make the news.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Soon, it won't even make the news.  (Read 41807 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2015, 02:46:03 PM »

A bit of google research confirms the idea of a terror watchlist is indeed an absolute joke.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/25/terrorist-watch-list_n_5617599.html

The "no-fly" list has to be similar. Oh good we've stopped them from getting on a plane, i guess that should leave Mr Terrorist all out of ideas right? Wtaf.

Adz - i just completely doubt anyone is looking at bomb making websites or chatting to "sympathisers" on a internet forum without being pulled in. Like how would that even be remotely possible?

Dont you watch James Bond or Spooks???!!!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2015, 02:49:08 PM »

Adz - i just completely doubt anyone is looking at bomb making websites or chatting to "sympathisers" on a internet forum without being pulled in. Like how would that even be remotely possible?

Lets all click on this bomb making site and see how many of us get pulled up   

http://tag.wonderhowto.com/make-a-bomb-with-home-materials/
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2015, 02:54:34 PM »

The intelligence services may be interested in people browsing 'how to make a bomb' - but they'll be a lot more interested in the people who contact you after doing so.

Taking people out by locking them up is going to be pretty trivial in terms of fighting terrorism. Finding out who is organising them into cells - who is giving them orders/training/equipment is the reason to just keep an eye on them instead.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2015, 02:56:45 PM »

The intelligence services may be interested in people browsing 'how to make a bomb' - but they'll be a lot more interested in the people who contact you after doing so.

Taking people out by locking them up is going to be pretty trivial in terms of fighting terrorism. Finding out who is organising them into cells - who is giving them orders/training/equipment is the reason to just keep an eye on them instead.

I shall wait with baited breath then and keep a relative who works in the relevant field on speed dial  Wink
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2015, 03:02:21 PM »

TBH Graham, if thats what it takes, so be it.

To my mind, if you keep your nose clean in life, you will be ok with the establishment. As I said, if you start to show signs that this sort of life interests you, then you don't deserve any benefits of the doubt etc.

As the the great Colonel Cheeseburger used to say "Round em up. Put em in a field, and bomb the bastards!!"

So your saying there should be no 'innocent until proven guilty'? Just suspicion, that's all?

I bet you would have burned a lot of witches.

I probably would have Tom!

But lets be serious. I am talking about those that are on certain types of sympathetic websites/looking at guns/bomb making types sites etc. I am sure these people reffered to earlier have all displayed these characteristics, yet remain on just a "watchlist" until they actually do something.

To me, that is enough reason to drag them in. Normal people don't do this sort of thing, and when sensitivities are high, surely even more reason not to put yourself in a "grey area".

Put it this way, if I went on the scout for info on making bombs, I wouldn't feel like my civil liberties were being infringed if I was put into custody for a while until I was checked and and questioned properly.

I think I agree with this post and large, but it's a far cry from your original one.

As someone who has been hauled in many  times 'on suspicion', I know just how easy it is to create smoke without fire.

The older I get, the better I was.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2015, 03:02:52 PM »

I shall wait with baited breath then and keep a relative who works in the relevant field on speed dial  Wink

Woodsey, you should have been locked up years ago for crimes against humour!

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2015, 03:04:16 PM »

TBH Graham, if thats what it takes, so be it.

To my mind, if you keep your nose clean in life, you will be ok with the establishment. As I said, if you start to show signs that this sort of life interests you, then you don't deserve any benefits of the doubt etc.

As the the great Colonel Cheeseburger used to say "Round em up. Put em in a field, and bomb the bastards!!"

So your saying there should be no 'innocent until proven guilty'? Just suspicion, that's all?

I bet you would have burned a lot of witches.

I probably would have Tom!

But lets be serious. I am talking about those that are on certain types of sympathetic websites/looking at guns/bomb making types sites etc. I am sure these people reffered to earlier have all displayed these characteristics, yet remain on just a "watchlist" until they actually do something.

To me, that is enough reason to drag them in. Normal people don't do this sort of thing, and when sensitivities are high, surely even more reason not to put yourself in a "grey area".

Put it this way, if I went on the scout for info on making bombs, I wouldn't feel like my civil liberties were being infringed if I was put into custody for a while until I was checked and and questioned properly.

I think I agree with this post and large, but it's a far cry from your original one.

As someone who has been hauled in many  times 'on suspicion', I know just how easy it is to create smoke without fire.

I think that is largely down to your tash. Could be many a concealed weapon in there Tom!

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2015, 03:15:01 PM »

Merry Christmas from Republican politician Michele Fiore of Las Vegas.

(She's the blonde packing the Serbu Super Shorty.)

Click to see full-size image.

You couldn't make it up eh?

Total fruit loops.

It seems to be ingrained in a lot of Americans. I was over there recently and talked to a few of them about politics etc.

The level of paranoia is unbelievable. One guy in the middle of nowhere who was a chef, was telling me how critical it was to ensure everyone has guns, he told me the Russians had left a bomb in his diner last year :-)

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2015, 03:26:14 PM »

Merry Christmas from Republican politician Michele Fiore of Las Vegas.

(She's the blonde packing the Serbu Super Shorty.)

"Hey, Mom, can I bring my Glock to the Xmas dinner table?"

"Sure thing honey, but TAKE YOUR DAMN SHOES OFF, we're not animals."
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2015, 08:44:40 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/09/business/media/guntv-plans-24-hour-sales.html?_r=1
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2015, 06:37:06 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35047899

Smith and Wesson profits triple in three months.

No surprise that Walmart is the biggest seller of firearms in USA, always need a gun with your pint of milk.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 25, 2015, 03:57:18 AM »

NBA takes a stand against gun violence.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/24/sports/basketball/nba-gun-violence-campaign-michael-bloomberg.html?_r=0
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2016, 04:30:41 PM »

How to get media attention when you're running for Governor - enter anyone who donates into a draw for an AR15 rifle.

If you want a rifle, the AR-15 is one of the best, as evidenced by its use in the Pulse nightclub, San Bernardino and Sandy Hook shootings.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-12-12/virginia-governor-candidate-corey-stewart-to-give-away-ar-15-rifle-for-christmas

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2016, 04:52:15 PM »

Nutjobs...

exstream

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2017, 03:17:06 AM »

Man on loose in Cleveland killed someone live on Facebook, claims to have killed 14 others in abandoned homes.
Police still haven't found him, been going on hours
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: