blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:21:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272573 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Apprentice 2015 thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Apprentice 2015 thread  (Read 29982 times)
hummuspie

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 20, 2015, 11:15:45 PM »

Bit off topic but I think the You're Fired episodes this year have been really bland

I like jack Dee but don't think his style suits the show, Dara O Briain much better imo and able to go with the flow much better

Also the jokes with Romesh Ranganathan at the start of each episode make me cringe

Several times over the shows jokes have been made with zero response from the audience

Regards

HP
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: December 21, 2015, 12:35:24 AM »

Yes, You're Fired has been a bit of a disaster. I actually really like Romesh, but Jack Dee has been really flat and the change of set with the audience behind them just doesn't work.

Also too many guests have been shit - that business woman tonight was a complete waste of space.

Regards

A
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 21, 2015, 02:05:50 AM »

would any of the dragons from the den invested  in any of the 5 businesses we saw plans for?

regards

I

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 21, 2015, 02:09:52 AM »

Probably not as a start up company.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 21, 2015, 02:30:04 AM »

Interviews were somewhat anti climactic.

Can't see  vana winning. Has sugar ever chosen a true punt which stands to burn cash alarmingly. Give super Mario a couple of vans and a few tools and he can prob triple his biz in a couple of years. Some kind of return from a kid he likes and with an investment considerably south of 250k.

Regards

N

Love it when sug says 'i am a gambler'.  No you are not you are a monster nit sug.  Totally agree with what you say.  He never punts it up any year.  Just goes for the steady easy route.  When you worth close to £1bn surely you should be punting it large every series to try and hit the jackpot.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 21, 2015, 02:35:02 AM »

Poshies win something for once.

Joseph Velante remind any other Luton regs of Gary Banks?

Watched about 10mins of You're Fired! all cereal. This is O'Breen's show, end of.

Regards,

C

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 21, 2015, 02:37:35 AM »

Fully signed up to the 'bring back dara' campaign.  Dee has never been, and never will be, funny.  Stealing a big living for 20+ years.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 21, 2015, 02:38:32 AM »

Isn't the point of the research to get honest feedback from the public, so changes can be made based on it? Joseph's team's decision to lie to him and not tell him the negative feedback wasn't helpful. His logo looks like a swan giving birth, but now it has had this exposure, he should stay with it.

Regards

MT
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 21, 2015, 02:41:06 AM »

Vana's site seems to be up anyway. https://dateplay.co/
Wonder how much remains to be developed. Presumably she should be able to raise the dosh elsewhere.

Or maybe you'd like some wine.  http://vanakoutsomitis.com/b/vino-vana
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 21, 2015, 08:35:30 AM »

Interviews were somewhat anti climactic.

Can't see  vana winning. Has sugar ever chosen a true punt which stands to burn cash alarmingly. Give super Mario a couple of vans and a few tools and he can prob triple his biz in a couple of years. Some kind of return from a kid he likes and with an investment considerably south of 250k.

Regards

N

Love it when sug says 'i am a gambler'.  No you are not you are a monster nit sug.  Totally agree with what you say.  He never punts it up any year.  Just goes for the steady easy route.  When you worth close to £1bn surely you should be punting it large every series to try and hit the jackpot.

What's the point of gambling to try and hit the jackpot when you're worth close to £1bn?

Business plans of all five were pretty poor but Joe's was the only one with a semblance of reality attached.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 22, 2015, 09:19:02 PM »

I think he could have made a really solid return just selling the lot when they go to the second round of financing. Just ride the back of the Apprentice success.

http://www.alphr.com/business/1002276/the-apprentice-vana-koutsomitis-date-play-is-a-terrible-terrible-app-idea

Disappointing end to the series really, I think I'll skip next year but I feel like I said that last series too.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 22, 2015, 10:12:24 PM »

i cant believe i havent watched the final after watching the whole series i was just so disappointed with the business plans of the final 5 that i lost interest

disappointingly

regards

I

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: January 13, 2016, 11:13:22 AM »

i cant believe i havent watched the final after watching the whole series i was just so disappointed with the business plans of the final 5 that i lost interest

disappointingly

regards

I

I had the last 4 shows recorded and deleted them all without watching.

It was always daft, it just got too daft.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: