blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:25:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273067 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 682041 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1590 on: January 21, 2017, 01:05:19 PM »

she wants it to go into private schools so they can push harder the kingdom of God (of course the one she grew up with) while also removing climate change and evolution from the syllabus because of course those are just propaganda topics.

having to limit questions to 5 minutes per person because she's so incapable of answering them is just priceless. or $200m worth depending on how you look at it.

The stupid thing is she probably just ties for most appalling selection that he's made. And this isn't forgetting that a very high % of the roles needed to be filled haven't had anyone even put forward.

Starting as a shambles and I can't see how things can get any better.

I also enjoyed the stat about how zero bear attacks have happened to schools compared to those of how many people have gone on gun rampages = we need more guns in schools. Pretty sick country.

oh and also her brother is Erick Prince head of Blackwater, now known by another name after slaughtering too many civilians in war zones, profiteering off privatised wars and scamming the US government out of $ left and right. So no surprise there that he's also a top security advisor for trump.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 01:08:44 PM by titaniumbean » Logged
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: January 21, 2017, 02:12:08 PM »

George W looked as in control as ever, struggling with the skill of raincoats. Cheney still ominously on his shoulder after all these years.

Click to see full-size image.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: January 21, 2017, 07:12:55 PM »

I don't mean to underestimate Blondes' attention spans. This is a longer series of extracts from DeVos' horror-show.

The reason she doesn't want to answer Tim Kaine's questions is because she wants to move some funds from public schools to private profit-making school companies, which would not be subject to all of the same regulations.

I like Liz Warren, however, most of the stuff I've seen has been her grilling people Cheesy

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: January 21, 2017, 07:54:57 PM »

today

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: January 21, 2017, 11:20:56 PM »

The FOC has just told the CIA (who have satellites all over the place and could tell you the colour of tie of anyone at the inauguration) that there was 6 times as many people in attendance than there actually was.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1595 on: January 22, 2017, 11:24:18 AM »

this guy is back with a new outfit 

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: January 22, 2017, 12:15:13 PM »

this guy is back with a new outfit 

"My feelings as usual...."

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 22, 2017, 04:08:22 PM »

what chemical spicer is up to

from a former member of the white house press staff

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 22, 2017, 06:57:06 PM »

Just saw that Spicer public address. They should DNA test him, just to make sure he's not the donald's lovechild Cheesy

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: January 23, 2017, 12:34:26 AM »

You're all too cynical. Kellyanne has cleared it up. Spicer wasn't lying - he was providing alternative facts:

What a shower they are! They all just lie flat out and the others come in and back up the first lies with more lies. Trump really has gathered the most horrible group of people together. I don't mean the Cabinet members - most of them are just typical nasty right-wingers who could have been in any Republican government, but at least they have some kind of distorted ideology. But Trump's own people from the campaign seem to operate in a moral vacuum. And now these people with no conscience are in the White House with control of everything.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 12:41:28 AM by MintTrav » Logged
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: January 23, 2017, 12:39:07 AM »

Sean Spicer has released the official government photograph of the inauguration:

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: January 23, 2017, 12:50:30 AM »

h
I don't mean to underestimate Blondes' attention spans. This is a longer series of extracts from DeVos' horror-show.

The reason she doesn't want to answer Tim Kaine's questions is because she wants to move some funds from public schools to private profit-making school companies, which would not be subject to all of the same regulations.

Dear lord, that's unpleasant viewing. Wonder how cleaning up the swamp is going?

Is there no way for the opposition to make a proper legal claim when someone is clearly a dangerously poor choice for office and challenge their appointment?

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: January 23, 2017, 03:20:01 PM »

h

Dear lord, that's unpleasant viewing. Wonder how cleaning up the swamp is going?

Is there no way for the opposition to make a proper legal claim when someone is clearly a dangerously poor choice for office and challenge their appointment?

These confirmation hearings are the process where the nominees' suitability is examined. The relevant Committee has an opportunity to question them and expose any weaknesses. If the Committee doesn't approve them, the whole Senate votes. Sixty votes were needed for approval until three years ago, which caused major log-jams in appointments. There are over a thousand Administration and Court positions subject to this and over seventy Obama appointments were stuck in the process at the time. The Democrats managed to change it so that a simple majority is sufficient, but now that is biting them on the bum as the Republicans, with 52 Senators, can force all the nominees through ìf they want. 

The Dems have been hoping to expose some of them so badly that a few Republicans turn against them, which can easily happen. Tillerson was the one most at risk, due to his Russian connections and because he has retained over $150m in ExxonMobil stock. Rubio gave him a rough time at the Committee, and McCain and Graham were also unconvinced, but those two said yesterday that they will vote for him (the vote is today), so he should now be safe. The Republicans have an 11-10 majority on the Foreign Relations Committee so, if Rubio caves to the behind-the-scenes pressure, Rex will be approved. If he holds out, it will go to the floor, and he'll be approved anyway. Most likely, a deal is being done whereby Rubio gets concessions on something else in return for his vote. 

The reality is that hardly any nominees have ever been rejected. A few have been withdrawn, but that has nearly always been because some scandal has emerged over not paying correct taxes, employing illegal immigrants, etc. Perceived incompetence doesn't seem to be considered as disqualifying.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: January 24, 2017, 10:53:10 AM »

he hasn't wasted any time then...

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator