blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:36:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272578 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 670095 times)
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3210 on: November 03, 2019, 10:28:03 AM »

She's still drifting bookie

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/03/elizabeth-warren-project-to-remake-capitalism-what-can-british-politicians-learn-from-her

Have faith peasant boy.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: November 08, 2019, 11:23:56 PM »

Saw this on Flushy's Twitter.

Too com Cheesy

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: November 09, 2019, 10:22:23 AM »

ha, very good Marky.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: November 10, 2019, 07:42:49 AM »

Billionaire former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has signalled he will join the race to secure the Democratic Party's nomination for US president.
He has filed paperwork ahead of a deadline for the Democratic primary election in Alabama.
The move is a necessary step to join the race to be the party's candidate to take on President Donald Trump in next year's election.
Mr Bloomberg, 77, has not formally confirmed his candidacy.
However, spokesman Jason Schechter told US media that an announcement "could come as early as next week".

The businessman is said to be concerned the current Democratic contenders would not pose a strong enough challenge to Mr Trump in 2020.
He will be entering a crowded field as one of 17 candidates hoping to be chosen as the Democratic nominee.
Former Vice President Joe Biden is the frontrunner, followed by senators Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: November 10, 2019, 08:13:19 PM »

This is quite a story if true which it seems to be:

https://twitter.com/GordonMcClendon/status/1193493948498620419

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: November 12, 2019, 02:33:34 PM »

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/11/12/path-to-removing-donald-trump-from-office-229911

Interesting article. Certainly think Donald needs a get out of jail card before he leaves office.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: November 14, 2019, 02:16:03 AM »

Who will take on Trump? The Democrat Primary race is still crowded, though it might start to thin soon, with TV companies setting increasingly tougher standards for the contenders to pass in order to qualify for debates. Presidents have almost always been Senators or Governors, though occasionally a Representative or businessman may interlope into the debates without much success. This time, we have quite a few Reps and non-politicians.

Buttigieg, Castro and all the Senators except Bennet have a chance of winning, though some are currently bombing. The rest are hanging in to promote their name for next time or for other races, to influence debate on particular issues or because they have a lot of money and can afford it. Several serious candidates, who were in the race to win, have already dropped out due to seeing the writing on the wall or running out of cash. It's a pity that half the remainder are not serious contenders, but they will start peeling off before long.

Governors
Steve Bullock, Montana, 53

U.S. Senators
Michael Bennet, Colorado, 54
Joe Biden (former), also former VP, Delaware, 76
Cory Booker, New Jersey, 50
Kamala Harris, California, 55
Amy Klobuchar, Minnesota, 59
Bernie Sanders, New Hampshire, 76
Elizabeth Warren, Massachusetts, 70

U.S. Representatives
Tim Ryan, Ohio, 46
John Delaney, Maryland, 56
Tulsi Gabbard, Hawaii, 38
Joe Sestak (former), Pennsylvania, 67

Mayors
Pete Buttigieg, South Bend, Indiana, 37
Julian Castro, San Antonio (former), also former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, Texas, 45
Wayne Messam, Miramar, Florida, 45

Other
Andrew Yang, Entrepreneur, New York, 44
Tom Steyer, Hedge Fund Manager, New York, 62
Marianne Williamson, Self-Help Author, California, 67

The gap between Biden, Warren and Sanders and the rest is bigger than expected. They are the obvious favourites but they all have their vulnerabilities and I would have expected them to be coming under pressure from others by now, but they have an impressive lead over of the field. However, turnarounds can be huge in these races, and it's quite common for candidates to come back from the dead and for the leader at the start of election year to have completely dropped out a few months later. I thought Kamala Harris would be challenging them by now but, despite making headlines at the debates, she has fallen back to the field and Pete Buttigieg is the one closest to bridging the gap.

In addition, there are a few others circling and threatening to join the fun, primarily former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and former Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick. Also, the name of one Hillary Clinton keeps coming up, particularly whenever Biden slips up, which he does regularly. State filing dates are starting to slip by though, so further delay in joining will mean passing up crucial delegates.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: November 14, 2019, 02:37:34 AM »

Finallllllllllllllllly, MintTrav has come back to the US Politics thread!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: November 14, 2019, 08:40:19 AM »

Great to see you back on the beat Trav, & thank you.

Couple of questions as it's all a bit confusing.

When you say "who will take on Trump?", do you genuinely think a) he'll still be in power by then, & b), will decide to stand again rather than, say, "honourably" deciding to dodge a lot of bullets by deciding to step aside?

Trump is currently facing impeachment proceedings. I heard a piece on BBC World Service yesterday which discussed this, & said that a) he will almost certainly be impeached, & b) it has no chance of getting through Congress, so he'll likely survive. Is that a fair summary? It also suggested that whilst the case they have might do the job, it's a bit weak really.  

Finally, a regular on this thread (a fundamentally decent man except that he's a bookmaker) stands to win a lot of money - a LOT of money - if Warren wins the Presidency. What price would you estimate Warren is to win?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: November 14, 2019, 01:00:37 PM »

Yes , good to have MintTrav back , certainly owe him a drink or two if Elizabeth comes up Trumps  Grin

Here is an article which might answer some of your questions Tony

https://news.sky.com/story/trump-may-survive-impeachment-but-voters-will-deliver-ultimate-verdict-11860623

Pretty impossible to get him impeached as the Senate is controlled by his fan boys.

Watched yesterdays two witnesses , very articulate and credible , but it does come across as grandstanding
by both parties.

Highlight being this exchange....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3ffRPKsFnQ

Fascinated by it all , similar to 9/11 and OJ Simpson trial , glued to the telly , sadly.

Laid Bloomberg , Clinton and Biden . Will give up betting if any of them 3 win , only because I will
be skint

Had savers on Bernie and Pete and laid a little back on Elizabeth at an average of 2.49 on the exchange
for nominee ( 3.3 now ).

Still basically all in mind , go girl !!!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: November 14, 2019, 01:16:39 PM »

Thanks Jim.

If Warren wins, how pleased will Trev be for you?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: November 14, 2019, 01:40:31 PM »

Thanks Jim.

On my recommendation I believe he has backed her at 29-1 for President.

I might get a tube of smarties out of him

You know why smarties Tony ?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: November 14, 2019, 01:43:31 PM »

Thanks Jim.

On my recommendation I believe he has backed her at 29-1 for President.

I might get a tube of smarties out of him

You know why smarties Tony ?

Go on...

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: November 14, 2019, 01:58:44 PM »

Well , a lady customer of mine for over 30 years , Vinnie  a lovely lady who sadly passed away
2 months ago , used to come in occasionally with a tube of smarties for myself

The first time she did this I asked her why smarties ?

Her reply has stayed with me ever since , " Because smartie people are happy people "

I will make an exception for Trev.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: November 14, 2019, 02:43:58 PM »

Trump, Ivanka, and Jared plundered Trump's vet's charity to the tune of $2.8M. Is that not an impeachable offence?

Trump has been ordered by the courts to pay back $2M+ to various other charities so the case is cut and dried.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: