blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:06:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 668193 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3300 on: December 20, 2019, 07:30:08 AM »

6th debate.

Pete has some work to do.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: December 20, 2019, 09:09:20 AM »

Love the work you guys post on this thread, thank you.

PS - Even bookiebasher.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: December 20, 2019, 09:40:33 AM »

I spat out my Cristal when I saw what this was about.

If you look at the article below, Warren, Biden, Saunders and Buttigieg are all receiving similar amounts from big donors.  They are all within a million of collecting £10m dollars each in the last quarter

https://www.politico.com/2020-election/president/democratic-primary/candidates/fundraising-and-campaign-finance-tracker/

I went on a vineyard tour in a VW bus when my net assets were close to zero and drank wine in a wine cave*.  Very nice it was too.  It isnn't like any of these people have never drank booze or eaten a meal anywhere posh in the past.  Buttigieg pointed out later that all the other people in the debate were millionairesa or billionaires.

* Buttigieg had a fundraiser in a wine cave if you aren't following this disucussion.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: December 20, 2019, 09:53:44 AM »

I spat out my Cristal when I saw what this was about.

If you look at the article below, Warren, Biden, Saunders and Buttigieg are all receiving similar amounts from big donors.  They are all within a million of collecting £10m dollars each in the last quarter

https://www.politico.com/2020-election/president/democratic-primary/candidates/fundraising-and-campaign-finance-tracker/

I went on a vineyard tour in a VW bus when my net assets were close to zero and drank wine in a wine cave*.  Very nice it was too.  It isnn't like any of these people have never drank booze or eaten a meal anywhere posh in the past.  Buttigieg pointed out later that all the other people in the debate were millionairesa or billionaires.

* Buttigieg had a fundraiser in a wine cave if you aren't following this disucussion.

Just for information, the transfers in are from previous canpaigns, so it is likely that Saunders has effectively raised more from big donors than Buttigieg.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: December 20, 2019, 12:00:02 PM »

There is a difference between accepting donations from people regardless of their wealth and actively
courting big money donors with closed door events.

Don't see Pete's argument about him being "poor" in comparison to everyone else.

You can be like Bernie or Warren running grass roots campaigns , understanding that it's no
good tinkering around the edges trying to fix the system , it needs a complete overhaul.

Or you can buy votes and not do the leg work .

Biden has changed his tune

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/24/biden-super-pac-056816

Bloomberg

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/03/mike-bloomberg-spends-over-57-million-on-tv-ads-could-surpass-steyer.html

Its just an obscene amount of money.

Warren did get one of the best quips in last night

https://youtu.be/FVQBfZXNrAk

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: December 20, 2019, 12:15:06 PM »

Thought answers to the final debate question were interesting as well...

http://www.mtv.com/news/3149853/elizabeth-warren-amy-klobuchar-apologize-for-caring/
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: December 20, 2019, 12:29:32 PM »

There is a difference between accepting donations from people regardless of their wealth and actively
courting big money donors with closed door events.

Don't see Pete's argument about him being "poor" in comparison to everyone else.

You can be like Bernie or Warren running grass roots campaigns , understanding that it's no
good tinkering around the edges trying to fix the system , it needs a complete overhaul.

Or you can buy votes and not do the leg work .

Biden has changed his tune

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/24/biden-super-pac-056816

Bloomberg

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/03/mike-bloomberg-spends-over-57-million-on-tv-ads-could-surpass-steyer.html

Its just an obscene amount of money.

Warren did get one of the best quips in last night

https://youtu.be/FVQBfZXNrAk

Sorry I donb't buy this, we don't target big donors.  Saunders has a huge campaign operation going; Warren isn't far behind, and I am not sure what difference it makes whether you do your find raising face to face, on the internet, in a wine cave or in a steakhouse.  

She has raised a pot of money from big money donors in the past, and still does, so saying I am not raising money from big money donors now (even though she is still doing just that as I showed) puts her at a big advantage vs any newcomers who follow her path.   I don't see why her £10m of big money donors are buying less influence than Saunders' £10m or Buttigieg's £10m from similar donors.  It only does that if you are saying that Buttigieg is more corrupt than the other two, and I am not sure there is any evidence of that.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/09/us/politics/elizabeth-warren-2020.html

The open secret of Ms. Warren’s campaign is that her big-money fund-raising through 2018 helped lay the foundation for her anti-big-money run for the presidency. Last winter and spring, she transferred $10.4 million in leftover funds from her 2018 Senate campaign to underwrite her 2020 run, a portion of which was raised from the same donor class she is now running against.

Mr. Rendell said he had recruited donors to attend an intimate fund-raising dinner for Ms. Warren last year at Barclay Prime, a Philadelphia steakhouse where the famed cheesesteak goes for $120. (The dish includes Wagyu rib-eye, foie gras, truffled cheese whiz and a half-bottle of champagne.) He said he received a “glowing thank-you letter” from Ms. Warren afterward.

Don't worry, your bet is fine, most people won't bother checking this out.  

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: December 20, 2019, 01:03:00 PM »

My bet has nothing to do with any debate over the merits of candidates so not sure why you
brought that up ?

Been a Conservative most of my life ( if you include Blair as a closet conservative ) but times
have obviously changed and corporations have way more power and influence now.

Tracked Warren for the last couple of years and she has been the most impressive advocate
for tackling corruption head on that I know.

As stated before , her attacks on the Banks after the financial crash are the catalyst for my
wholehearted support.

Her campaign manager resigned when she said she would not court big money donors in
fund raising events.

Yes she has transferred money from her Senate run but it must have took some balls to go against
conventional wisdom in how you finance a campaign.

Doobs , your like a dog with a bone when it comes to debating and we could both use endless
statistics and articles to enhance one's viewpoint , so I am not going to go back and forth on this.

All I know is that if a person of the calibre of EW had stood in British politics lately then that person
would now be PM.

IMHO of course  Grin

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: December 21, 2019, 11:10:58 AM »

It was a good week for the President, apart from being impeached, as several pieces of his legislation were waved through by Nancy.

It was all overshadowed, though, by his comments on John Dingell. Dingell was the longest-serving US Congressman, putting in 59 years until he retired in 2015, when his wife Debbie became the first non-widowed wife to take over her husband’s seat in Congress (she is about 26 years younger than him). Anyway, he died earlier this year at the age of 92 and was given the works.

Trump brought it up at a rally this week, after Debbie voted for impeachment, suggested that JD may be in Hell. This has gone down really badly on all sides, with even defender-in-chief Lindsey Graham taking a swipe. This incident may do him more damage than the impeachment.

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: December 21, 2019, 11:23:11 AM »

It was shocking and vile.

He really is a nasty piece of work.

Surprised someone hasn't had a pop at him before now.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3310 on: December 21, 2019, 11:33:30 AM »

He is vile, I can live with that. What really upsets me is the huge crowd of people standing behind him and cheering.

The older I get, the better I was.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: December 21, 2019, 11:49:02 AM »

He is vile, I can live with that. What really upsets me is the huge crowd of people standing behind him and cheering.

Stupid is as stupid does.... Forest Gump got it right.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 11:54:51 AM by bookiebasher » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: December 21, 2019, 11:50:22 AM »

"...I won't go into the conversation because that would be wrong, it was private..."

* Goes into details of conversation*

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: December 21, 2019, 12:22:04 PM »

Watched a few highlights from the debate.

Feels like the democrats are going down the same path as Labour here. Think they'll lose again against the biggest open goal in US politics for a long time.

If they choose Sanders I'd be certain they'd lose. Warren and Biden, a flicker of hope but ultimately defeat.

I guess the wild card is that, for all the ad hominem stuff on Johnson, he's really not that far outside the norms for generations in the UK whereas Trump....

He's a few parts genius and many parts fruit loop so the Dems gotta hope he really does something catastrophic

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3314 on: December 21, 2019, 12:32:08 PM »

Watched a few highlights from the debate.

Feels like the democrats are going down the same path as Labour here. Think they'll lose again against the biggest open goal in US politics for a long time.

If they choose Sanders I'd be certain they'd lose. Warren and Biden, a flicker of hope but ultimately defeat.

I guess the wild card is that, for all the ad hominem stuff on Johnson, he's really not that far outside the norms for generations in the UK whereas Trump....

He's a few parts genius and many parts fruit loop so the Dems gotta hope he really does something catastrophic

I thought advocating grabbing women by the pussy would be catastrophic but apparently not.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: