blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:47:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664593 times)
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 03, 2016, 11:20:04 PM »

It's nice to see you post that Tighty, this is essentially the very reason why Trump is so popular with the people. It is also the reason why all politicos are absolutely shitting themselves hence you see the smear campaigns left and right.

It's also the same reason I have feared for Trump's life for the last 6 month's. They got away with it with JFK, I'm not sure the American public will be so ready to swallow it this time.

Also the people who fear Trump will take us to world war 3, 4 and 5. Can he really be any worse for world piece than the Bush family?

Comparing Trump to the Bush family (I fully understand your point of view of them) is irrelevant isn't it?

We are talking about the next President not looking back.

Trump is a bully and a volatile character. Hardly the type you want as leader of the free world.

Common sense tells me he is a significantly greater risk to stability and diplomatic relations than say Clinton.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 03, 2016, 11:32:53 PM »

It's nice to see you post that Tighty, this is essentially the very reason why Trump is so popular with the people. It is also the reason why all politicos are absolutely shitting themselves hence you see the smear campaigns left and right.

It's also the same reason I have feared for Trump's life for the last 6 month's. They got away with it with JFK, I'm not sure the American public will be so ready to swallow it this time.

Also the people who fear Trump will take us to world war 3, 4 and 5. Can he really be any worse for world piece than the Bush family?

Pretty sure if there is a WW3, there won't be a 4 or a 5. Certainly not under his Administration.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 04, 2016, 09:30:23 AM »

this would be fun

CNN: Source close to Romneys says goal is to lock Trump out in brokered convention. CNN says Romney or maybe Ryan could be candidate.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: March 04, 2016, 11:34:20 AM »

this would be fun

CNN: Source close to Romneys says goal is to lock Trump out in brokered convention. CNN says Romney or maybe Ryan could be candidate.

Surely if that happens Trump just runs as an independent out of spite and skewers the Republican candidate?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 04, 2016, 11:38:08 AM »

this would be fun

Surely if that happens Trump just runs as an independent out of spite and skewers the Republican candidate?

no idea, i just liked the house of cards aspect to it

calling Mr Murray, Mr Murray?

My eyes are open wide
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: March 04, 2016, 11:39:57 AM »

this would be fun

Translation for thickos please
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 04, 2016, 11:56:19 AM »

this would be fun

If you don't win 1237 delegates, then the Republican candidate is decided at the convention. This is a brokered deal between all of GOP top brass/delegates. Trump would have no chance. I do think lots of them would rather lose than have Trump as their candidate. It would be good if Trump and Bernie ran as independents, it would be kind of like actual democracy.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: March 04, 2016, 12:13:59 PM »

this would be fun

If you don't win 1237 delegates, then the Republican candidate is decided at the convention. This is a brokered deal between all of GOP top brass/delegates. Trump would have no chance. I do think lots of them would rather lose than have Trump as their candidate. It would be good if Trump and Bernie ran as independents, it would be kind of like actual democracy.

That would actually be pretty awesome. It's a Rock Paper Scissors kind of deal. I don't think Bernie could beat Trump if it were head-to-head, I don't think Trump could beat Hillary, but I do think Bernie could beat Trump and Hillary (and Cruz/Rubio) if it were split four ways.
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 04, 2016, 01:37:50 PM »

June would be too late for Trump to register as an Independent.

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 04, 2016, 01:43:16 PM »

When is the cut off?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 05, 2016, 10:26:59 AM »

Tour de force of a piece from Matt Taibbi on the rise of Donald Trump and the media's complicity in it

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-america-made-donald-trump-unstoppable-20160224?page=13

My eyes are open wide
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 05, 2016, 01:27:51 PM »

When is the cut off?

It varies by State. Most are in August, but a few, including Texas and Florida, will have passed before the Convention (18-21 July). However, it's not just a case of filing - you need to collect signatures in the State in support of your candidacy, ranging from 275 in Tennessee to 178,039 in California. To get onto every State's ballot, you need to collect over 900,000 signatures, so starting on 22 July wouldn't give much time. Texas and South Dakota have 'sore loser' laws preventing candidates who failed to get their party nomination from standing as an Independent.

https://ballotpedia.org/Filing_deadlines_and_signature_requirements_for_independent_presidential_candidates,_2016

There is another way, which is to be a write-in candidate, ie the voter has to write your name himself on the ballot paper. It's less reliable, but write-ins candidates have won several State Primaries in the past. Seven States (Arkansas, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, Oklahoma & South Dakota) don't allow write-ins but, of those, only Nevada and Oklahoma have filing dates before the Convention.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 05, 2016, 09:45:50 PM »

Four States voting today - Louisiana, Kentucky, Kansas and Maine, all with delegates split proportionately. Trump has been ahead in the polls, but Cruz has been closing recently and looks like he can do well in most of them.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/04/donald-trump-and-ted-cruz-square-off-in-saturday-caucuses/
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 05, 2016, 11:52:17 PM »

It's five States today - missed Nebraska.

It's a big night for Cruz - two States banked already.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 06, 2016, 11:56:46 AM »

When is the cut off?

It varies by State. Most are in August, but a few, including Texas and Florida, will have passed before the Convention (18-21 July). However, it's not just a case of filing - you need to collect signatures in the State in support of your candidacy, ranging from 275 in Tennessee to 178,039 in California. To get onto every State's ballot, you need to collect over 900,000 signatures, so starting on 22 July wouldn't give much time. Texas and South Dakota have 'sore loser' laws preventing candidates who failed to get their party nomination from standing as an Independent.

https://ballotpedia.org/Filing_deadlines_and_signature_requirements_for_independent_presidential_candidates,_2016

There is another way, which is to be a write-in candidate, ie the voter has to write your name himself on the ballot paper. It's less reliable, but write-ins candidates have won several State Primaries in the past. Seven States (Arkansas, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, Oklahoma & South Dakota) don't allow write-ins but, of those, only Nevada and Oklahoma have filing dates before the Convention.

Thanks for this.

Trump might be an exceptional case I guess, in terms of the speed with which he'll be able to gather the requisite number of signatories?

Since Reagan, I have no sympathy for the GOP whatsoever but what a horrible spot they're in…. Trump, Cruz or a brokered deal for someone who gained almost no delegates.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: