blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:36:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664711 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: July 20, 2016, 12:22:44 PM »

Black Lives Matter could win it for Trump, says Christopher Caldwell http://specc.ie/29FwPf8

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #496 on: July 20, 2016, 04:13:38 PM »

This pic, instagrammed by Paul Ryan at the weekend with the caption "I think this sets a record for the most number of #CapitolHill interns in a single selfie. #SpeakerSelfie", has caused massive controversy Stateside. DUCY?

Click to see full-size image.

Same country?

These are the democrat interns.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:16:24 PM by neeko » Logged

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 20, 2016, 04:33:49 PM »

It seems Melania plagiarised someone else as well as Michelle:

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 21, 2016, 12:26:01 AM »

Surely that is the speech writer trolling Melania?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 21, 2016, 03:23:06 AM »

Surely that is the speech writer trolling Melania?

Probably not. She has been with Trump for years and helps him with the writing thing. She acknowledged "Melania Knauss for her kind assistance" in one of them. I think it was just one of those things.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 21, 2016, 03:38:31 AM »

Day 3 of the GOP Convention. We are expecting to hear from:

Rick Scott
Scott Walker
Marco Rubio (by video-link)
Ted Cruz (prob no endorsement, but will just lay into Clinton)
Eric Trump
Newt Gingrich (and his wife!?)

and finally

Mike Pence

There have been reports today that Donald Jr offered the Vice-Presidency to Kasich, with the most power ever for a VP, in charge of both foreign and domestic policy, but was turned down.

Rubio, Cruz and Walker are all teeing up another run at the White House. Cruz, in particular, has indicated that he will present a conservative message, quite different to Trump's agenda.

Trump's hostile takeover of the GOP has extended to his family taking over the Convention. We have already heard from Melania, Donald Jr and Tiffany. Tonight it's Eric's turn. I'll be shocked if Ivanka is not on tomorrow night.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 21, 2016, 12:18:41 PM »

Donald Trump Sets Conditions for Defending NATO Allies Against Attack http://nyti.ms/29PRRHZ 

My eyes are open wide
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 21, 2016, 12:52:44 PM »

Donald Trump Sets Conditions for Defending NATO Allies Against Attack http://nyti.ms/29PRRHZ 

The guy is absolutely desperate for WW3 or genuinely a moron.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 22, 2016, 12:57:21 AM »

Last night was the most extraordinary night ever at a party Convention. Ted Cruz came into the midst of the Trump supporters and the RNC and defied them all. He had the crowd on his side with the usual stuff about freedom, Second Amendment, IRS, police, military - a standard good Cruz speech based on concept and emotion, short on policy. They cheered him until it got near the end and they realised that he hadn't mentioned Trump. The highlight came when he told people at home to "vote your conscience, vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution", with the delegates nearly drowning out the end of the speech with boos and chants of "Endorse Trump". So far as I know, no-one has ever been booed before at one of the main party Conventions.

Cruz may have committed political suicide, but we won't know for some time. His gamble depends on Republicans coming to regret nominating Trump and Cruz being remembered for standing up for conservative anti-establishment values against the establishment (which now includes DJT). He needed the boos. Trump undermined the speech by arriving just before the end, knowing the cameras would cut away to him during Ted's finale.

Another amazing aspect was that Newt Gingrich told the delegates they misunderstood what Cruz meant and passed off an unbelievable piece of logic - Cruz said vote your conscience for whoever who will uphold the Constitution; the only candidate who will uphold the Constitution is Trump; therefore Cruz meant 'Vote for Trump'. It was such a blatant lie, but he seemed to get away without criticism for it.

This morning, Cruz got it from several people at a breakfast meeting and answered them. Now he is being criticised for how he went about that.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 22, 2016, 01:39:02 AM »

Apart from the politicians, there has been a bizarre troupe of speakers this week, the oddest being Scott Baio from Happy Days and Dana White from UFC wrestling. Tonight, we will have Jerry Falwell, the evangelist.

I am looking forward to hearing Ivanka, though, who is a really good speaker.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 01:46:21 AM by MintTrav » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 22, 2016, 09:40:18 AM »

Ivanka Trump pitches father as champion of women http://politi.co/29Xuu0I

My eyes are open wide
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #506 on: July 22, 2016, 01:18:04 PM »

I couldn't sleep last night so I put the radio on and listened to part of Trump's acceptance speech.

My ears were hearing trump, but my mind's eye was seeing this.

The older I get, the better I was.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 22, 2016, 01:29:43 PM »

So, the Republican Convention is over. A strange affair. A lot of leading Republicans, who might have spoken, didn't want to be part of it, so Trump filled the slots with his family, the other Presidential candidates and an assortment of business and entertainment names. A few impressions:

- The terrorists are coming. The over-riding message was fear, especially on Day 1, themed "Make America Safe Again". Giuliani went mental, screaming into the microphone, arms everywhere. His speech is very entertaining if you want to watch it - so long as you keep in mind that he is unhinged.

- Hillary is the devil. Who didn't see that coming? "Lock her up" was one of the main chants throughout, which is a bit scary. Christie put Hillary on trial, with the mob as jury. The top three words used at the Convention were Hillary, Clinton and America.

-Ted Cruz' political future is in the balance. He alienated a lot of Republicans, including some of his own supporters. It wasn't political positioning - people were seriously upset about the non-endorsement. More critically,  perhaps, he was turned away from Sheldon Anderson's suite afterwards. Will it pay off in the end? Only four years to wait to find out.

- Mike Who? The introduction of the potential VP to the American people was totally overshadowed by the Cruz affair.

- Be careful what you're cheering for. Trump and others slipped several references to issues such as helping the less well-off and supporting LGBT rights into their speeches, and managed to get applause and cheers from people who wouldn't usually support those causes, who were carried along by the occasion.

- Donald Trump is a good man. This was a new departure, but speaker after speaker told what a good and kind person Donald is, always trying to help those less fortunate. This was clearly a planned theme and I expect we will hear a lot of it in the coming weeks.

- Donald Jr and Ivanka came across well - well enough to be discussed as future candidates.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 01:45:51 PM by MintTrav » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 23, 2016, 10:35:57 AM »

interesting article

Can Trump win with white voters only?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-36828113

My eyes are open wide
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #509 on: July 23, 2016, 10:57:52 AM »

Much more interesting is the Wikileaks exposure last night about the Democrats

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2016/07/23/newest-wikileaks-email-dump-proves-dnc-officials-colluded-to-secure-clinton-nomination/#gref

Lots of juicy stuff including:

1) Someone in the DNC made a fake sexist job advert for Trump's business
2) Hillary's team were planning to use Bernie's atheism against him
3) More suggestions of DNC collusion against Bernie

Tons of other shit, the wikileaks release was part 1, another is expected
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: