blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:04:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664595 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: July 23, 2016, 12:36:23 PM »

The Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson, has scarcely been mentioned, yet he may become one of the most important determinants of the election.

He has been running at about 10% in the national polls, but last week reached 12% in a CBS and 13% in one by CNN - and that is with virtually no media coverage.

You would expect him to take more from the Republican candidate but comparisons of three-way and four-way match-ups with one-on-one Clinton-Trump match-ups show him currently taking more from Clinton.

If he can get to 15%,he will have a strong claim to be included in the debates. Then, he could really blow the election apart. The whole outcome may depend on how well he does and where his support comes from.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #511 on: July 23, 2016, 02:44:08 PM »

The Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson, has scarcely been mentioned, yet he may become one of the most important determinants of the election.

He has been running at about 10% in the national polls, but last week reached 12% in a CBS and 13% in one by CNN - and that is with virtually no media coverage.

You would expect him to take more from the Republican candidate but comparisons of three-way and four-way match-ups with one-on-one Clinton-Trump match-ups show him currently taking more from Clinton.

If he can get to 15%,he will have a strong claim to be included in the debates. Then, he could really blow the election apart. The whole outcome may depend on how well he does and where his support comes from.

Yes I've been following Gary closely he could indeed change the direction of the race if he gets in. Talks a lot of sense to the centrists imo and would be the only likeable candidate. He'd never win but could take enough votes off whoever is currently leading potentially
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 23, 2016, 07:14:15 PM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/clinton-vp-pick-tim-kaine-226013

So Hillary has gone for the safe option. Kaine has been the frontrunner all along and Bill has reportedly been stuck on him for a while, but Hillary was still open to the other options and, apparently, only decided this week. Kaine is also a favourite of Obama's and nearly got the job last time.

There were plenty of Democrats hoping for a more progressive choice, but most of Bernie's supporters aren't voting for Trump, so Hillary can now reposition her campaign back towards the centre. Kaine being from a swing State is also a bonus.
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #513 on: July 23, 2016, 10:23:16 PM »

I have always wondered does Bill keep max security clearance?

If Hillary became president can she tell him things that he was not able to tell her? (When she was First Lady she presumably had limited security authorities so Bill as president could not tell her anything)

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 23, 2016, 10:32:34 PM »

If Hillary became president can she tell him things that he was not able to tell her? (When she was First Lady she presumably had limited security authorities so Bill as president could not tell her anything)

I'd imagine she had DV clearance as first lady.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 24, 2016, 10:37:28 AM »

Michael Moore ‏@MMFlint

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but as things stand today, I think Trump will win. Here's my 5 reasons why:

http://michaelmoore.com/trumpwillwin/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 25, 2016, 12:33:22 PM »

Trump takes lead in post convention CNN CNN/ORC poll

Trump 48% (+6)
Clinton 45% (-4)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 25, 2016, 02:27:34 PM »

This pic, instagrammed by Paul Ryan at the weekend with the caption "I think this sets a record for the most number of #CapitolHill interns in a single selfie. #SpeakerSelfie", has caused massive controversy Stateside. DUCY?

Click to see full-size image.

Same country?

Click to see full-size image.

These are the democrat interns.

Reminded me of this scene from the South Park Movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQnEBSwdAXw

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 25, 2016, 02:54:30 PM »

Whites very under-represented. Democrats trying too hard?
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 25, 2016, 06:14:34 PM »

I'd imagine she had DV clearance as first lady.

Since when has security been an issue for Clinton? She used an unsecured email server lol

Ah! The element of surprise
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 25, 2016, 11:01:54 PM »

Her suitability for clearance is a whole different discussion Cheesy

Just been watching Bernie @ the pre DNC bit, and I see that the 'super-delegates' are down by 60% at the next election.

Surely that's a good thing, to make things fairer moving forward?

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 26, 2016, 01:52:50 AM »

Yeah, I didn't know that until he came out with it. Wonder how recently it was agreed. They've really got the DNC on the back foot now, so they should be able to press for plenty of changes. Sanders' other options also strengthen his hand in getting change in the party, but I'm surprised they have knocked away so many of the super-delegates so easily. Getting rid of Debbie Wasserman Schultz is also a significant victory, which he is portraying as an opportunity for new leadership for the party.

Interestingly, Sanders is coming under a lot of pressure from progressives, both within and outside the party, to renounce Hillary and withdraw his endorsement. Probably unfairly, they are questioning his integrity if he provides support to the forces who undermined his campaign.

Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate, encapsulated the feeling of a lot of Sanders fans - “You want to affirm a corrupt party that just dragged you across the coals? You expect your supporters, who have a vision and who voted for integrity, to follow you into this shithole? Is there no respect here for his campaign and for himself? Are they just going to pretend it didn’t happen? I think it would be very hard for a self-respecting Sanders supporter, in light of these revelations, to take the beating and humiliate themselves and disrespect themselves, to go into the campaign and support the predator who destroyed them.”

Stein is running at 5% and has repeated her previous offer to stand aside if Sanders wants to take over the Green candidacy. No doubt, support would immediately jump and Sanders would get into the debates. In a way, he could easily do it as he has been a member of the Democratic Party for less than a year. But Sanders is staying where he is. He knows that splitting the Democrat vote would put Trump in the White House and told his supporters "We have got to defeat Donald Trump - and we have got to elect Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine."

The Convention has been hastily reorganised to try to avoid, or at least minimise, booing on the floor. DWS had offered to reduce her major role to just opening and closing it and making a short statement. Today, Sanders' delegates booed Wasserman Schmidt and Clinton. They even seemed to be booing Sanders himself for telling them to support Clinton. DWS was also booed direct at a meeting today. Later on, she said that she won't be speaking at all or doing the opening/closing bits, which should help.

The Convention is already is disarray before it even starts. And we thought that this week would be boring compared with the Republicans!

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 26, 2016, 02:44:53 AM »

Oh dear. The replacement, the Mayor of Baltimore, fecked up the opening ceremony by forgetting to bang the gavel and had to run back on to do it. Not the best start to the week.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 26, 2016, 09:29:50 AM »

The Sanders supporters are proving to be a bit of a problem at the Convention, booing whenever Hillary's name is mentioned. Bernie himself tried to control them at his pre-meeting and in his Convention speech, but they're not listening, even to him. The Clintonites are trying to drown them out with cheering, but it's a mess and it looks like this is going to continue throughout. Gratuitously insulting them from the platform, as Michelle Obama and others have done, ain't gonna help.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #524 on: July 26, 2016, 11:36:39 AM »

The Sanders supporters are proving to be a bit of a problem at the Convention, booing whenever Hillary's name is mentioned. Bernie himself tried to control them at his pre-meeting and in his Convention speech, but they're not listening, even to him. The Clintonites are trying to drown them out with cheering, but it's a mess and it looks like this is going to continue throughout. Gratuitously insulting them from the platform, as Michelle Obama and others have done, ain't gonna help.

Would you say the booing was worse last night than at the RNC?

Of course most of the booing was at the Republican old Guard at the RNC, here it was at the presumptive nominee.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: