blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:10:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664715 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #630 on: September 15, 2016, 01:07:49 PM »

Sam Harris did another pretty epic takedown of Trump on his own podcast yesterday

I thought that was excellent. Off to google Sam Harris.

The older I get, the better I was.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 15, 2016, 01:18:48 PM »

Colin Powell really uses a gmail account?  Why not I guess.

I'm surprised that these high level people say things like this in emails. I would have thought they'd be for conversations in person only.  Writing anything down in this day and age is bonkers.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #632 on: September 15, 2016, 01:35:35 PM »

Writing anything down in this day and age is bonkers.

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 15, 2016, 01:50:32 PM »

BREAKING: Virtual tie in race for the presidency, @cbsnews/@nytimes  poll shows http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-and-hillary-clinton-locked-in-tight-race-nationally-cbsnyt-poll/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 15, 2016, 03:20:33 PM »

Sam Harris did another pretty epic takedown of Trump on his own podcast yesterday

I thought that was excellent. Off to google Sam Harris.

Sam Harris is very, very good.

I've just gotten the other 3 podcasts he has done with Rogan, and then I'm going to start on his.

Nothing to do with Trump, but thought this was a very interesting listen, too.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #635 on: September 15, 2016, 03:29:04 PM »

Yeah that might be his best recent one for sure (Big fanboy here too).

He did a really interesting one about altruism recently too

My personal favourite if you are into his stuff on Jihad/theocracy/politics is this one

Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 15, 2016, 03:31:44 PM »

http://www.vdare.com/articles/ann-coulter-could-hillary-tell-us-what-percentage-of-muslims-are-deplorable

"But as long as liberals are such perfect thermometers of deplorableness, could they tell us how many Muslims are “deplorable”— specifically, what percentage are “sexist” or “homophobic“?"

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 15, 2016, 03:49:54 PM »

Yeah that might be his best recent one for sure (Big fanboy here too).

He did a really interesting one about altruism recently too

My personal favourite if you are into his stuff on Jihad/theocracy/politics is this one

Should keep me busy over the weekend Cheesy

I just end up going down massive rabbitholes, whenever I start watching anything with Sam Harris, or Rogan.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 15, 2016, 03:57:49 PM »

http://www.vdare.com/articles/ann-coulter-could-hillary-tell-us-what-percentage-of-muslims-are-deplorable

"But as long as liberals are such perfect thermometers of deplorableness, could they tell us how many Muslims are “deplorable”— specifically, what percentage are “sexist” or “homophobic“?"

Ann Coulter is the definition of deplorable, and unless I'm mistaken, even Trump doesn't like her.

She was invited to be part of Rob Lowe's 'Roast', and this is a comedy central thing, not another sextape... Tony Hinchcliffe is one of the writers, and he said that she was a pita to deal with.

Didn't want any help, changed all the stuff they wrote for her, and basically said I'm going to do my own thing. Well, you can imagine how that worked out for her Cheesy

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 15, 2016, 04:17:14 PM »

Ann Coulter is the definition of deplorable, and unless I'm mistaken, even Trump doesn't like her.

She was invited to be part of Rob Lowe's 'Roast', and this is a comedy central thing, not another sextape... Tony Hinchcliffe is one of the writers, and he said that she was a pita to deal with.

Didn't want any help, changed all the stuff they wrote for her, and basically said I'm going to do my own thing. Well, you can imagine how that worked out for her Cheesy

Yep, if you're reduced to quoting Ann Coulter, you ain't winning the debate. There are more credible people you could pick who agree with your view. Had to laugh when Trump holed her below the waterline by rowing back on some of the key policies she based her book In Trump We Trust on, and he did it on the very day of the book launch. Almost felt sorry for her (but didn't, obv).
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 15, 2016, 04:19:46 PM »

Yeah saw bits of the roast. She might be a bit of a tit, but she's imo correct in what she has written in the above piece.

Even though I do not agree with some things Sam believes ( ), I do still enjoy listening to what he has to say. I think my fav interview of him is the following:

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #641 on: September 15, 2016, 04:20:31 PM »

I agree about Ann Coulter, but......

What were your thoughts on the article posted and the points she made?

Sorry, huge pet peeve of mine, whether it's a monster like Ann Coulter or a legend like Sam Harris (IMO of course) I can't stand it when the point they make is dismissed simply because of who they are. That's not debate, that's what the politicians do.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #642 on: September 15, 2016, 04:21:45 PM »

Yeah saw bits of the roast. She might be a bit of a tit, but she's imo correct in what she has written in the above piece.

Even though I do not agree with some things Sam believes ( ), I do still enjoy listening to what he has to say. I think my fav interview of him is the following:

@Marky - if you want another Rabbit Hole the Rubin Report is really good, one of the few interviewers who actually gets people he disagrees with on his show and treats them with civility.
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 15, 2016, 04:29:26 PM »

Yep, if you're reduced to quoting Ann Coulter, you ain't winning the debate.

I don't post here to win a debate. I do not believe there is a debate to be had.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 15, 2016, 04:57:17 PM »

I agree about Ann Coulter, but......

What were your thoughts on the article posted and the points she made?

Sorry, huge pet peeve of mine, whether it's a monster like Ann Coulter or a legend like Sam Harris (IMO of course) I can't stand it when the point they make is dismissed simply because of who they are. That's not debate, that's what the politicians do.

Pretty much junk. There's very little there to respond to. I agree there are liberals who make sure their own lifestyle isn't affected by their liberal policies (though that doesn't invalidate those policies) and the points about Duke, Sharpton, etc are probably true. I'm also sure that Trump himself is not racist. Apart from that, there were words, but nothing substantial worth rebutting.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: