blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:39:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664694 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: October 13, 2016, 11:05:27 PM »

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 14, 2016, 03:53:14 AM »

The Donald probably going to have another 3am breakdown after this.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 14, 2016, 04:14:03 AM »

One of the basket of deplorables.

Click to see full-size image.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: October 14, 2016, 04:54:37 AM »

Mint Trav, which is the first state to declare on election night usually?

And roughly what time GMT?

Most States stop voting at 7 or 8pm, so exit polls will be appearing from 7pm Eastern Time (midnight GMT). People voting late on the West Coast will already know the Eastern exit polls, and may know who will be President before they vote.

They are quite quick at counting. Indiana should be first - it was already one of the quickest, but this time it is closing at 6pm. Last time, results were known for Vermont and Kentucky within twenty minutes and South Carolina, West Virginia and Indiana were done well before 8pm Eastern Time (1am here). From there, it generally works East to West, but not in an orderly fashion. The winner is usually known by about 11pm ET (4am here), but I think it will be considerably earlier this time.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: October 14, 2016, 05:22:35 AM »

Last time, Romney gave his concession speech just before 1am ET (6am GMT).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 14, 2016, 09:14:01 AM »

NY Times lawyers

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 14, 2016, 01:50:55 PM »

might she run in 2020, 2024? going to be a formidable candidate if she does.

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 14, 2016, 01:57:13 PM »

might she run in 2020, 2024? going to be a formidable candidate if she does.

I actually had a look after seeing that, but couldn't find a price or any markets anywhere.

If the republicans that ran this year are in again, you'd have to think she'd have a shot.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 14, 2016, 02:10:07 PM »

ladbrokes 2020

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: October 14, 2016, 02:25:14 PM »

Shows how awake I am at that time of the morning...

Might be worth a cheeky tenner, if MintTrav gives us the nod Smiley

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 14, 2016, 05:00:37 PM »

Lol. I think you'd be wasting your money. 2020 has to be way too soon, even 2024. She has never held political office, so if she ran her opponents would (rightly) make much of her inexperience.

There probably is an opportunity for the betting types. The list of Democrats looks pretty uninformed and I assume you would get higher returns on other names. I'm surprised Hillary is almost even money. I would think it's very likely she'll do one term, either because of age or her baggage, which can only increase. If Kaine becomes President before 2020, he would have a good shot at winning. Otherwise, he doesn't seem to have the stature. If you rule out Sanders due to age, the list has only got one viable Democrat.  

There are several up-and-coming in the party, though it is impossible to know who will shine and who will go off the rails over the next four years. I would say that spreading your money at the high prices available could be a good strategy. Likely front-runners for 2020 could be Cory Booker, Andrew Cuomo, Kristen Gillibrand or either of the Castro twins, Julian & Joaquin. If you want a Sanders type, Elizabeth Warren is the obvious option, and she is a national figure now, probably better known than any of the others (71 next election, though). Those are the top tier. Not quite at that level yet, but could come through by then, Amy Klobuchar (got to speak at the Convention straight after Bill C, which matters more than you would think), Xavier Becerra, Deval Patrick. If Warren is too old, there are a few other possible Progressives. There are several other possibles, but I don't want to put a long boring list of people you have never heard of. It might be worth doing though, if the bookies are so out of whack that they have one of the favourites, Booker, at 50/1 and have no-hopers like Sanders and Obama at shorter odds. What price would they offer on Julian Castro?

Julian and Joaquin (or maybe Joaquin and Julian?) Castro

There could be a very long list of viable candidates on the Republican side. The obvious name missing from that list is Scott Walker, but Nikki Haley (first Sikh Governor) must have a decent shot.

Nikki Haley
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 14, 2016, 08:52:43 PM »

Bloomberg is reporting that Trump blocked his own campaign from carrying out the usual 'opposition' research into his past. It seems that, at each stage, his main advisors in succession (Stone, Lewandowski, Manafort and Conway) all wanted to do it, but he refused, resulting in the campaign being unprepared for the recent revelations and Kellyanne admitting this week "I don't know what's out there".

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-10-13/trump-said-to-block-campaign-s-requests-to-do-self-opposition-research

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 14, 2016, 10:09:43 PM »

If you're bored on Monday night, Marco Rubio will be debating for his Senate seat. http://www.wftv.com/news/politics/sen-marco-rubio-us-rep-patrick-murphy-participate-in-coin-toss-ahead-of-debate/455812323

Officially, he is still supporting Trump, but he's trying to do so from as far a distance as possible, for example opening 18 election offices of his own throughout the State instead of the usual joint offices with the Presidential candidate. He is still ahead in the polls and should keep his seat, but it is a wobbly tightrope. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/up-in-the-polls-marco-rubio-keeps-donald-trump-at-a-distance/

The recent WikiLeaks releases show that Clinton's campaign feared Rubio more than anyone, with the potential to be the 2016 version of what Obama did to her. At this point, he is damaged goods on the national stage, but has time to recover before the Presidency comes up again.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 14, 2016, 10:23:19 PM »

In 2001, Donald Trump promised on the Howard Stern show that he would donate $10,000 to the Twin Towers Fund.

Today, The New York City Comptroller announced that he never made the payment.

“My office has reviewed the donations made in the nearly 12 months following the attacks – and we didn’t find evidence that he contributed a single cent to the victims, our first responders, and to our city through the Twin Towers Fund” - New York City Comptroller Scott Stringer (a Democrat).

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/nyc-audit-finds-donald-trump-donations-911-months/story?id=42801444

Why now? Indeed. Might become an issue, might blow over.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 15, 2016, 08:49:14 AM »

Everyone agrees Clinton is going to win - and they are pretty tightly bunched on the predicted number of college votes.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: