blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:05:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 668815 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: October 15, 2016, 10:33:50 AM »

The Senate race is more interesting. The Democrats need to take four seats to take control.

There are 34 seats up this year, and 23 of those are dead safe for the incumbents.

Of the 11 competitive seats, Arizona (McCain), Florida (Rubio) and Ohio ain't changing this time.

The Democrats should win back seats they have previously held, but lost, in Wisconsin and Illinois, where Tammy Duckworth is nailed on for Obama's old seat. Duckworth, who was born in Thailand, lost both her legs as a helicopter pilot in Iraq.

That leaves six seats that are toss-ups. The Democrats currently hold one of them (Nevada), but are behind there, so may need to win thtee of the other five Republican-held seats (Indiana, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Missouri, North Carolina). It looks like they are slightly ahead in Indiana but slightly behind in NH, NC and Missouri, with Penn on a knife-edge.

It will be very close but the more Trump fecks up, the more it helps the Democrats inch towards control. If Clinton's advantage turns into a rout, they are likely to get there, but they may get there anyway.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 16, 2016, 12:18:27 PM »

Life after Trump: Republicans brace for betrayal and civil war after 2016

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/15/republican-party-after-donald-trump-paul-ryan?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_b-gdnnews#link_time=1476541122

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: October 16, 2016, 12:22:34 PM »

Everyone agrees Clinton is going to win - and they are pretty tightly bunched on the predicted number of college votes.

I've been looking for something to bet on. This one got me interested!

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2016/democrat-college-votes

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2016/republican-college-votes
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 17, 2016, 07:12:43 PM »

!

Fans walk out of Amy Schumer show after she calls Trump a 'monster'

Around 200 people booed and then left a live show in Tampa, Florida, after the comic criticized the Republican presidential candidate

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2016/oct/17/amy-schumer-donald-trump-walkout-tampa-florida?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_b-gdnnews#link_time=1476722615

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 17, 2016, 07:57:33 PM »

Americans trust Republicans on a bunch of key issues. They just don't trust Trump.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-republicans-issues_us_5804bc2ee4b06e047595a03a?7kx4j9k9

given clinton's unpopularity and issues, do you not think the republicans could have put up almost anyone but Trump and have had a fighting chance of winning this?

My eyes are open wide
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 17, 2016, 10:29:16 PM »

Not sure what's going on with Utah. Following the previous very close poll, two came out with a decent lead for Trump, but today there is a new one which is shows the race wide open:

12 Oct    13 Oct    16 Oct    17 Oct
    Y2    Monmouth    CBS/YouGov    Rasmussen
Trump    26%    34%    37%    30%
Clinton    26%    28%    20%    28%
McMullin    22%    20%    20%    29%
Johnson    14%    9%    7%    5%

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/utah/election_2016_utah_president

Whichever is right, it looks like Utah is in play. Four polls have shown McMullin at 20% or more and two have essentially been three-way ties. This is not supposed to be a battleground State - Trump may lose a State where the Governor, both Senators and all four Representatives are Republicans (admittedly, most of them have disowned him). McMullin has managed to focus the non-mainstream support, with Johnson dropping back. Utah is now, unexpectedly, one of the most difficult to predict.

FiveThirtyEight recently did a piece on how McMullin might become President. In a nutshell, it depends on neither side being able to muster 270 votes if he wins Utah, so the decision passing to the House (the top three names are eligible), and both sides there preferring him to the alternative option (including some Republicans refusing to back Trump). http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-evan-mcmullin-could-win-utah-and-the-presidency/
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 18, 2016, 08:07:56 PM »

Stinks

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 18, 2016, 10:33:13 PM »

Fascinating (though I thought the parts with the conspiracy-style presentation were a bit silly).

Since yesterday's video, Scott Foval has been sacked and James O'Keefe's booked appearance on Hannity's show has been cancelled by Fox. I don't think these videos would have changed anyone's vote as they are too far removed from the candidate, but it seems odd that they waited til the election was lost to release them. Gives Trump something concrete for tomorrow night though.

They are claiming that YouTube is suppressing the video in the US on the grounds that, apparently, it is trending in the UK but not over there. Another one came out today:

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #968 on: October 18, 2016, 11:13:51 PM »

The view count has been locked on both videos, haven't budged in two hours.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: October 19, 2016, 03:13:12 AM »

The election is being rigged, says Trump.

That's a pile of crap, said Rubio last night (I paraphrase).

Amusing to see his opponent trying to associate him with Trump, even though Rubio has done everything he can to keep Donald at a distance, including refusing to appear with him when they have been in the same part of Florida.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 03:17:26 AM by MintTrav » Logged
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 19, 2016, 04:40:54 AM »

Major proposals from Trump to shake up Washington:

Click to see full-size image.

There may be pros and cons to be discussed and details to be finessed, but most of those are probably improvements, and should have been addressed before now.

Trump has now added another item - term limits for all members of Congress, six years for members of the House and 12 years for members of the Senate. This is likely to be popular, but seems to be very short-sighted - repeatedly churning all the experienced Congressmen and losing all the accumulated knowledge. The effect would be to increase the influence of the lobbyists he wants to control, as one of their sources of power is that they are in the best position to advise new inexperienced Congressmen on procedures, legislation, etc. It's a waste of effort, anyway - the chances of Congress agreeing to it are zero.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 19, 2016, 10:26:30 AM »

Michael Moore to release surprise Donald Trump documentary

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/oct/18/michael-moore-surprise-donald-trump-documentary?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_b-gdnnews#link_time=1476807915

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 19, 2016, 10:31:28 AM »

Why do people dislike Hillary Clinton? The story goes far back

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/18/hillary-clinton-why-hate-unlikeable-us-election?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_b-gdnnews#link_time=1476789582

My eyes are open wide
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 19, 2016, 12:54:43 PM »

Can't be good when one of your main allies is calling you stupid.

Newt was one of Trump's final three for VP, with Christie and Pence. He's speaking more freely these days, first calling Trump pathetic on Fox for fighting with Ryan instead of Clinton:

and now this:

hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 19, 2016, 02:28:25 PM »

Paddy Power are paying out on Clinton.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: