blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:42:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664669 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4440 on: November 09, 2020, 04:27:03 AM »

This has been an immense thread, thanks to everyone who has contributed, especially Mint.

Certainly a BoB thread, thanks to Mint!

Hope yourself and the family are well, mate.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: November 09, 2020, 01:40:35 PM »

Click to see full-size image.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: November 09, 2020, 02:17:11 PM »

Haha, good luck to him Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: November 09, 2020, 05:50:57 PM »

Good old JP Smiley

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: November 09, 2020, 10:07:33 PM »

Supersonogirl@supersonogirl
Replying to @whatever174 and @realDonaldTrump
I’m just interested to learn that 1/3 of our countries population now lives in Philadelphia. Who knew? 100 million people!?? No wonder there’s always so much traffic on the bridges.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: November 09, 2020, 10:18:34 PM »

Supersonogirl@supersonogirl
Replying to @whatever174 and @realDonaldTrump
I’m just interested to learn that 1/3 of our countries population now lives in Philadelphia. Who knew? 100 million people!?? No wonder there’s always so much traffic on the bridges.

if there was 100 million postal ballots in philly then there certainly was electrol fraud

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: November 09, 2020, 11:45:57 PM »

TrumpWorld is still being ravaged by the virus, with Ben Carson and David Bossie going down today.

You'll remember Ben from the 2016 Primaries, a charismatic force of nature whose dynamism wasn't quite enough to carry him through. He then decided to stain a glittering legacy as a pioneering neurosurgeon by accepting a job in Trump's Cabinet as HUD Secretary. To be fair, he seems to have just got on with it and has hardly appeared in the headlines since. Getting Covid is the most interesting thing he's done since he took the job. He was at the election party at the White House last Tuesday, without a mask, along with Mark Meadows and many others.

Ben wasn't entirely on top of his brief last year when questioned at the Senate.

And I know it's not related, but I can't resist an opportunity to repost this one.

David Bossie is Chairman of Citizens United and pops up every now and then around the Trump campaigns. He was Deputy Campaign Manager for the last couple of months of the 2016 campaign. He was dropped from the team last year, so I was surprised when Lewandowski tweeted a photo just before last week's election of a meeting on Air Force One, which showed Tiffany with Reince Priebus, Bossie and Corey himself, all of them dodgy operators who were kicked out of Trumpdom for different reasons, but seem to have found their way back in.

Bossie has just been given responsibility for overseeing the campaign's legal challenges on the election, so this is a tad inconvenient. Carson brings the number who were at the election party and have since been diagnosed with Covid to six, that we know of. I don't know if Bossie was there, but those in that meeting must be vulnerable, and Corey has been with Rudy a few times since (not that that matters, cos everyone in their milieu mixes freely with all the others anyway). In short - expect them to have more cases.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: November 09, 2020, 11:58:15 PM »

Bozos.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: November 10, 2020, 12:45:32 AM »

Mark Esper has been sacked as Defence Secretary, replaced by Christopher Miller, making Trump the only President to have had five Defence Secs.

It was an open secret that Esper's neck has been on the block for months for disloyalty to the President and breaking Cabinet unity. He let it be known that he was hoodwinked into taking part in the walk to the church photo op and he spoke out against how Barr used the Insurrection Act to shift the protestors out of the way. He would have been gone long before now if it wasn't an election year.

CIA Director Gina Haspel and FBI Director Christopher Wray were also known to be in the firing line for not carrying out Trump's wishes, and were definitely being booted if he won, but might hold onto their jobs now. Betsy DeVos was known to have lost Trump's confidence through general under-performance as Education Sec, but she'll see it out now. Administrations are usually trying to persuade high-flyers to hang around for a smooth handover, but this one may go out in the same chaos that it began.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: November 10, 2020, 02:09:20 AM »

There was an unprecedented occurrence today when Fox News (of all networks) cut the White House Press Secretary’s press conference in mid-flight, on the basis that she was accusing the Democrats of welcoming illegal voter activity, without producing any evidence.

Neil Cavuto has been a bit of a never-Trumper, regularly criticising and fact-checking him, and Trump has returned the criticism a few times and said that Fox should sack him. There are a few other Fox presenters who are tough on Trump, and they seem to survive, despite most of the network pushing his case. I’m not sure whether Cavuto has been emboldened by the election result, or has been told he can weigh in at this stage if he wants, but this was dramatic and you would normally expect there to be consequences. Presumably the White House will complain, but I’m not sure where the Murdochs are positioning themselves right now. It could be that they want the network to revert to standard Republicanism. Also, Kayleigh may have been breaking the law herself, as she is a government employee, and isn’t allowed to get involved in political party issues during working time.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4450 on: November 10, 2020, 10:09:45 AM »

We can't have any mention of Ben Carson without some images from his house.

First, the bible quote that is chiselled into his wall, from the book of 'poverbs'.

Secondly, the painting of Ben just chilling out with his good buddy Jesus.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: November 10, 2020, 03:28:58 PM »

There was an unprecedented occurrence today when Fox News (of all networks) cut the White House Press Secretary’s press conference in mid-flight, on the basis that she was accusing the Democrats of welcoming illegal voter activity, without producing any evidence.

Neil Cavuto has been a bit of a never-Trumper, regularly criticising and fact-checking him, and Trump has returned the criticism a few times and said that Fox should sack him. There are a few other Fox presenters who are tough on Trump, and they seem to survive, despite most of the network pushing his case. I’m not sure whether Cavuto has been emboldened by the election result, or has been told he can weigh in at this stage if he wants, but this was dramatic and you would normally expect there to be consequences. Presumably the White House will complain, but I’m not sure where the Murdochs are positioning themselves right now. It could be that they want the network to revert to standard Republicanism. Also, Kayleigh may have been breaking the law herself, as she is a government employee, and isn’t allowed to get involved in political party issues during working time.

Fox are definitely distancing themselves from Trump. Murdoch is not a fan of losers, he did an about turn in 1997 here when it was obvious Blair would win.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: November 10, 2020, 05:11:55 PM »

TrumpWorld is still being ravaged by the virus, with Ben Carson and David Bossie going down today.

You'll remember Ben from the 2016 Primaries, a charismatic force of nature whose dynamism wasn't quite enough to carry him through. He then decided to stain a glittering legacy as a pioneering neurosurgeon by accepting a job in Trump's Cabinet as HUD Secretary. To be fair, he seems to have just got on with it and has hardly appeared in the headlines since. Getting Covid is the most interesting thing he's done since he took the job. He was at the election party at the White House last Tuesday, without a mask, along with Mark Meadows and many others.

Ben wasn't entirely on top of his brief last year when questioned at the Senate.

And I know it's not related, but I can't resist an opportunity to repost this one.

David Bossie is Chairman of Citizens United and pops up every now and then around the Trump campaigns. He was Deputy Campaign Manager for the last couple of months of the 2016 campaign. He was dropped from the team last year, so I was surprised when Lewandowski tweeted a photo just before last week's election of a meeting on Air Force One, which showed Tiffany with Reince Priebus, Bossie and Corey himself, all of them dodgy operators who were kicked out of Trumpdom for different reasons, but seem to have found their way back in.

Bossie has just been given responsibility for overseeing the campaign's legal challenges on the election, so this is a tad inconvenient. Carson brings the number who were at the election party and have since been diagnosed with Covid to six, that we know of. I don't know if Bossie was there, but those in that meeting must be vulnerable, and Corey has been with Rudy a few times since (not that that matters, cos everyone in their milieu mixes freely with all the others anyway). In short - expect them to have more cases.

a charismatic force of nature whose dynamism wasn't quite enough to carry him through. Rather a good line

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: November 11, 2020, 02:04:20 AM »

Pakman a bit too anti-cheeto for me, but has some good clips.

Trump will surely love this, if he ever gets off Twitter Grin

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: November 11, 2020, 03:15:22 AM »

Yeah, Trump is gonna hate that Rick Bright is back. I'm not in a position to judge top scientists, but he clearly has stripes in the subject. He gave up a lot to stand up for what he thought was right, and was impressive when he testified at the House Committee. I'm sure Pakman is right about Fauci, ie that it wouldn't be appropriate to include government employees in the group at this stage.
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: