blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:33:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Parkrun this weekend
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Parkrun this weekend  (Read 3126 times)
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 01:55:28 AM »

My wife and I are determined to get involved in this. We are both dreadfully out of shape but have started the long slog preparing ourselves. It was horrible at the start of January but I must admit I'm starting to enjoy the trips to the gym.

We have set the middle of March as our target and have found the parkrun we'd like to have a go at. The times are irrelevant, we both just want to finish the race without having to take any breaks.

What I really like is its something achievable we can do and both feel proud of ourselves for achieving something TOGETHER at the end. Wonderful for our health, our lifestyle and our relationship - I can't see any negatives at all.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 04:17:59 AM »

Great post Tikay, completely agree. It's one of those where just turning up, supporting it and having fun, regardless of whether you can run sub 20 minutes or closer to an hour you've got out there, given it a go and met some good people! For people who aren't involved in exercise on any form and want to be these are the perfect events to start attending.

Feed em rice.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2016, 03:04:23 PM »

My wife and I are determined to get involved in this. We are both dreadfully out of shape but have started the long slog preparing ourselves. It was horrible at the start of January but I must admit I'm starting to enjoy the trips to the gym.

We have set the middle of March as our target and have found the parkrun we'd like to have a go at. The times are irrelevant, we both just want to finish the race without having to take any breaks.

What I really like is its something achievable we can do and both feel proud of ourselves for achieving something TOGETHER at the end. Wonderful for our health, our lifestyle and our relationship - I can't see any negatives at all.

Good luck to both of you.

About 2 years ago, I was horrificly out of shape running anymore than 100m was a real challenge, I found this out very quickly doing couch to 5k. I am still most definitely considerably overweight but am in a lot better state of fitness and geniunely think I wouldn't be still running if it wasn't for the fact that I am totally addicted to parkrun.

Even if you can't run all the way that isn't an issue at parkrun, they have a tail runner whose job it is to stay behind everyone and make sure that everyone completes the course who wants to. I think the biggest concern of everyone who starts parkrun and running in general is that they will finish last, people will pack away before they have completed the course etc. This NEVER happens at parkrun.

Steveswift

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2016, 03:46:02 PM »

Nice one Longy.

Even better (for me any way). Ours has 3 laps so you can drop out at the end of lap 1, lap 2 etc. and just build up.

I am still hurting from Sat's one and when back on it do every other WE as work gets in the way for more, but happen to be off this Saturday so will do this week too.  Out tonight for a couple of K stretch.

One of the reasons I love park run is the distance. 5k is perfect,  if you want a race you will get one at whatever level you are at.  Most peeps with a bit of training can get to that distance.  For me I have on going knee issues and know if I only had a 10k race available to me I would train to hard and hurt myself.  So a nice fast 5k is perfect aim for me.

Steve

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2016, 10:23:55 AM »

Anyone doing parkrun this weekend?

Off to Graves parkrun in Sheffield, you get to run through a community farm which is a bit different.
Steveswift

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2016, 01:20:15 PM »

Just moved house so can't really justify it...  fresh air could be a good idea though.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2016, 01:25:46 PM »

Nope, bigger fish to fry this weekend.

http://winterrunseries.co.uk/events/london

Got the numberplate with her name on & everything. Much excitement.

Gill

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2016, 01:29:20 PM »

Nope, bigger fish to fry this weekend.

http://winterrunseries.co.uk/events/london

Got the numberplate with her name on & everything. Much excitement.

Gill

A prime number no less.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: