blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:27:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ticket price scandal - enough is enough
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ticket price scandal - enough is enough  (Read 6122 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2016, 08:50:18 PM »

At the risk of seeming like Tikay (a ruthless capitalist :-) ),  as long as the stadiums are full, what's the problem? You can't get a Liverpool home ticket for a Premier League game. Liverpool's stadiums is too small, and they should do something about it, but I don't see why the clubs shouldn't charge whatever they can.

It's all very well saying "Football is nothing without the Fans", but there are fans- too many fans- they could sell out the stadium many times over.

that's obviously a fair point, but there comes a price. £77 for a Liverpool fan? of course though the price can be very elastic becuase up to this poin tfans havent stopped going....

in the championship, i note, on saturday no ground was at more than 80% of capacity. now of course the product isn't as strong as the PL.

Is it £77 for the best tickets or worst?   Suspect it is the best.  Not all scousers are broke.  If you can't afford to pay that, sit in the cheap seats or go see Tranmere.  Sure they'd appreciate it more.  Football has never been cheaper in my football supporting lifetime than it is now at Valley Parade.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 10:18:02 PM »

Just do what Dortmund fans have done tonight Smiley

Best Bitter.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 11:08:28 PM »

Just put thit prices up to £95 and let the fans stages 95th minute walk out.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2016, 10:33:59 AM »

At the risk of seeming like Tikay (a ruthless capitalist :-) ),  as long as the stadiums are full, what's the problem? You can't get a Liverpool home ticket for a Premier League game. Liverpool's stadiums is too small, and they should do something about it, but I don't see why the clubs shouldn't charge whatever they can.

It's all very well saying "Football is nothing without the Fans", but there are fans- too many fans- they could sell out the stadium many times over.

It's short sighted and they risk a vicious circle.  Squeezing fans for more is pure greed and makes very little difference to buying a single top class player (See Bayern comments).  At the moment it's like a queue outside a nightclub.  Everyone wants to say they went to the game.  Season ticket holders are scared not to renew unless they can't get back in if they want to take a season break.

If they push it to breaking point and capacity is suddenly 80% then that factor isn't in play.  Sky realise the atmosphere is worse and the empty seats look bad on the TV.  Next contract all the TV companies offer lower.  Quality of players reduces.  Attendance dip a bit more and so it goes on.

So the question becomes why hit the fans for and extra £20 per match just so your bog standard right backs in the league move from 60k a week to 70k a week?  Why risk the absolute dream ticket the clubs/players are on just out of short term greed?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2016, 10:34:39 AM »

Just put thit prices up to £95 and let the fans stages 95th minute walk out.

Cheesy
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 10:36:57 AM »

each Premier league side gets from the PL £400,000 per season to subsidise away game costs for their fans

leicester, only because i know what they do, use it for free travel, food etc for members of their "fox travel" scheme. i'd prefer it was used to cut ticket costs for all fans, but understand why they do it

swansea capped tickets to £20 for some games for travelling fans

what do other clubs do?

We do the same - subsidised travel.   We also have reciprocal agreements with some teams where they'll only charge us £20 if we do the same for away fans.  Of course the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs tell us to get stuffed and charge us outrageous amounts for away fans.
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2016, 11:01:14 AM »

At the risk of seeming like Tikay (a ruthless capitalist :-) ),  as long as the stadiums are full, what's the problem? You can't get a Liverpool home ticket for a Premier League game. Liverpool's stadiums is too small, and they should do something about it, but I don't see why the clubs shouldn't charge whatever they can.

It's short sighted and they risk a vicious circle.  Squeezing fans for more is pure greed and makes very little difference to buying a single top class player (See Bayern comments).  At the moment it's like a queue outside a nightclub.  Everyone wants to say they went to the game.  Season ticket holders are scared not to renew unless they can't get back in if they want to take a season break.

If they push it to breaking point and capacity is suddenly 80% then that factor isn't in play.  Sky realise the atmosphere is worse and the empty seats look bad on the TV.  Next contract all the TV companies offer lower.  Quality of players reduces.  Attendance dip a bit more and so it goes on.

So the question becomes why hit the fans for and extra £20 per match just so your bog standard right backs in the league move from 60k a week to 70k a week?  Why risk the absolute dream ticket the clubs/players are on just out of short term greed?

Well there's another thing. Why do they sell so many season tickets? It's very unfair. You've got some people who get to see every game at a discount, then you've got lots of other people who can't ever see a game, even if they are prepared to pay more.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 11:03:31 AM »

Well, I'm outraged by that. Very outraged. ;)

I do like a  bit of balance though, everyone these days seems to be anti-establishment. Doing the DA thing is never bad, either.  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 11:09:57 AM »

Well, I'm outraged by that. Very outraged. Wink

I do like a  bit of balance though, everyone these days seems to be anti-establishment. Doing the thing is never bad, either.  

It's a 2 way commitment I suppose.  Punter will pay for every match even though the team might be poor that season.  Club gives him a discount.  Clubs gets a nice cash influx during the summer.  Seems fair enough?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2016, 04:16:09 PM »

Premier League ticket prices: supporters of all 20 clubs give their verdicts

"There is a lot of anger at many clubs over expensive tickets, but Leicester, Stoke and Swansea are among the clubs who are praised in our comprehensive survey, which suggests that the maximum price of a ticket should be around £30 "

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/10/premier-league-ticket-prices-fans-verdict?CMP=share_btn

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2016, 04:30:27 PM »

While I'm in Tikay's good books, where do all these fans who want to pay £20 for the games because of the TV deals think the TV money comes from? The broadcasters are planning on extracting the money from football fans! I'm not sure why football fans who go to games are a protected species, but football fans who watch the telly are prime milking targets.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2016, 05:54:35 PM »

While I'm in Tikay's good books, where do all these fans who want to pay £20 for the games because of the TV deals think the TV money comes from? The broadcasters are planning on extracting the money from football fans! I'm not sure why football fans who go to games are a protected species, but football fans who watch the telly are prime milking targets.

Because fans at the game are part of the spectacle.  Imagine "Super Mega Sunday" in front of a half empty Anfield.  The atmosphere and rivalries sell the product as much as the players.

Whether 3 million or 4 million watch on TV makes no difference, except to Sky's pocket.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2016, 07:56:00 PM »

John W Henry, Tom Werner and Mike Gordon issue a message to fans detailing changes to #LFC's ticketing structure: http://lfc.tv/APx2
24 retweets 9 likes

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2016, 08:20:54 PM »

Wow, the cheapest season ticket at Liverpool next year will be £685? And that's including a 25 quid reduction?! Can get 2 at City for that price, and have some change left over.

What are people's thoughts on categorising games? Should you pay the same to watch Stoke visit you as Chelsea, for example?

PS, I know we're there to watch our own team, before someone makes that point Wink

Best Bitter.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2016, 09:43:58 PM »

Yeah I think it's okay.  Season ticket holders not impacted and good to punish the people who will only go if Man Utd are in town and want to buy a half and half scarf.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: