blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:31:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ticket price scandal - enough is enough
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ticket price scandal - enough is enough  (Read 6125 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2016, 11:18:28 AM »

good article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/12144970/Ticket-price-scandal-enough-is-enough-English-football-should-hang-its-head-in-shame.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 11:33:35 AM »

By far the most shocking item on there is that Gordon Taylor receives £3.4M pa.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 01:11:59 PM »

Wow, that is amazing. Up from £1.4m. Because he does such a tremendous job. Yeah, right.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 01:19:48 PM »

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 01:32:16 PM »

Yep £3.4m is a real joke.

I wonder what bullshit he will come up with to justify that?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 01:40:51 PM »

How do we know he is not worth it, & why does he have to justify it to anyone other than his Shareholders - the very people, who, I would assume, awarded him that salary?

The Premier League has, unless I am mistaken, 20 Shareholders, being the current EPL. There is no way he could have awarded himself an increased salary, it must have been put forward by his masters - the 20 Clubs.  So if they proposed it, on what basis can we say it's wrong?

It's very successful indeed, financially. And that's why it exists - for financial gain.

I don't know who negotiated the new TV Deal, but if he had a hand in it, why would he not be entitled to a bit of extra salary?  

EDIT - ignore all that, wrong bloke.

Scandalous salary, scandalous.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 01:43:10 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 01:55:32 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/28/gordon-taylor-pfa-chief-executive-premier-league-pay-rise

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/29/gordon-taylor-time-for-pfa-chief-executive-to-step-down

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/29/gordon-taylor-support-pfa-gambling
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 08:23:12 PM »

''The Premier League executives of whom the top seven from 20 clubs blocked a proposal to cap the cost of away tickets to £30 bury their heads''

Big thing on Blue Moon about this. Needs 14/20 to be approved. Apparently, the clubs that said no were City, united, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham.

Best Bitter.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 08:28:05 PM »

The PFA buying a painting for £1.9m. I missed that one.

Weird priorities don't you think?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 08:28:37 PM »

each Premier league side gets from the PL £400,000 per season to subsidise away game costs for their fans

leicester, only because i know what they do, use it for free travel, food etc for members of their "fox travel" scheme. i'd prefer it was used to cut ticket costs for all fans, but understand why they do it

swansea capped tickets to £20 for some games for travelling fans

what do other clubs do?

My eyes are open wide
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 08:32:41 PM »

At the risk of seeming like Tikay (a ruthless capitalist :-) ),  as long as the stadiums are full, what's the problem? You can't get a Liverpool home ticket for a Premier League game. Liverpool's stadiums is too small, and they should do something about it, but I don't see why the clubs shouldn't charge whatever they can.

It's all very well saying "Football is nothing without the Fans", but there are fans- too many fans- they could sell out the stadium many times over.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 08:34:55 PM »

each Premier league side gets from the PL £400,000 per season to subsidise away game costs for their fans

leicester, only because i know what they do, use it for free travel, food etc for members of their "fox travel" scheme. i'd prefer it was used to cut ticket costs for all fans, but understand why they do it

swansea capped tickets to £20 for some games for travelling fans

what do other clubs do?

City tend to use it to subsidise long distance away games around busy periods, I know we've done it previously for games like Arsenal, Spuds, Saints etc, usually around Christmas or if there is a fixture congestion on the horizon, they just halve the ticket price. Means we only pay £91 per ticket when we go to the Emirates Wink

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2016, 08:38:26 PM »

At the risk of seeming like Tikay (a ruthless capitalist :-) ),  as long as the stadiums are full, what's the problem? You can't get a Liverpool home ticket for a Premier League game. Liverpool's stadiums is too small, and they should do something about it, but I don't see why the clubs shouldn't charge whatever they can.

It's all very well saying "Football is nothing without the Fans", but there are fans- too many fans- they could sell out the stadium many times over.

that's obviously a fair point, but there comes a price. £77 for a Liverpool fan? of course though the price can be very elastic becuase up to this poin tfans havent stopped going....

in the championship, i note, on saturday no ground was at more than 80% of capacity. now of course the product isn't as strong as the PL.

My eyes are open wide
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2016, 08:39:21 PM »

At the risk of seeming like Tikay (a ruthless capitalist :-) ),  as long as the stadiums are full, what's the problem? You can't get a Liverpool home ticket for a Premier League game. Liverpool's stadiums is too small, and they should do something about it, but I don't see why the clubs shouldn't charge whatever they can.

that's obviously a fair point, but there comes a price. £77 for a Liverpool fan? of course though the price can be very elastic becuase up to this poin tfans havent stopped going....

in the championship, i note, on saturday no ground was at more than 80% of capacity. now of course the product isn't as strong as the PL.

Those prices are obviously too high :-)

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2016, 08:45:15 PM »

How do we know he is not worth it, & why does he have to justify it to anyone other than his Shareholders - the very people, who, I would assume, awarded him that salary?

The Premier League has, unless I am mistaken, 20 Shareholders, being the current EPL. There is no way he could have awarded himself an increased salary, it must have been put forward by his masters - the 20 Clubs.  So if they proposed it, on what basis can we say it's wrong?

It's very successful indeed, financially. And that's why it exists - for financial gain.

I don't know who negotiated the new TV Deal, but if he had a hand in it, why would he not be entitled to a bit of extra salary?  

EDIT - ignore all that, wrong bloke.

Scandalous salary, scandalous.

Oh man, I was thinking

Good point,
Yup
That's right that is
Well put
Didn't know that

Er...roffle

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »