blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 02:29:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cricket World t20 - England have a chance?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cricket World t20 - England have a chance?  (Read 27709 times)
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2016, 09:05:07 PM »

To be fair watching Oman in a 50 over contest would be like watching paint dry, and they'd have absolutely no chance against the bigger teams unlike the higher variance format of T20.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2016, 10:25:41 PM »

Most of these associate nations are more than competent now,Especially in the shortest format. They've had some pretty good results recently.

I think the era of smaller associates getting smashed are gone. Imo they should have 4 groups of 4, with top 2 going through to quarters. I can see Afghanistan causing quiet a few problems for the big boys if they beat Zimbabwe to top spot.

The first 4 games have been fantastic. Is it true that all the associated have been booted out of the next 50 over World Cup?  Are cricket authorities stupid?

from recall, the top nations basically trying to operate a kabal for all the tv money. Though that may be getting changed in the near future
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2016, 10:34:34 PM »

To be fair watching Oman in a 50 over contest would be like watching paint dry, and they'd have absolutely no chance against the bigger teams unlike the higher variance format of T20.

Ireland have beaten bigger teams in 50 overs matches and they are being tinned as well!  We can have 16 team football world cups and 8 team rugby world cups using that argument.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2016, 10:50:43 PM »

Ireland have beaten bigger teams in 50 overs matches and they are being tinned as well!  We can have 16 team football world cups and 8 team rugby world cups using that argument.

Idk about rugby but lower level football is still quite entertaining and people will go to games, but 50 over games involving weaker sides in ODI's doesn't attract an interested audience. Ireland are an exception to this though for sure and it's a shame they miss out, but generally associate cricket in the longer format will be as dull as dishwater and spring few surprises because the gap is far too big.

Imo we should play the 20 over format every 2 years and probably extend more associates into it as clearly they can compete and play entertaining cricket in the slogfest format, thereby promoting cricket in these countries and giving them a chance to eventually compete on a more even keel in the longer formats.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2016, 11:09:45 PM »

Curses, I watched the first three games but went out today and missed the best one!

Looking forward to tomorrow already though.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2016, 11:12:28 PM »

I put a small bet on Joe Root as top runscorer ew paying 5 places at B0yles at 28-1. What do you guys think?

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/t20-world-cup/twenty20-world-cup/top-tournament-batsman
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2016, 11:28:02 AM »

Mohammad Shahzad didn't fancy hanging around, 40 off 23! I like the way the Afghan's play, plenty of aggressive intent. Hamilton Masakadza could be crucial in the chase, if he doesn't run himself out again ...
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2016, 11:29:50 AM »

Is the England game on TV? Can't find it anywhere....
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2016, 11:32:33 AM »

Is the England game on TV? Can't find it anywhere....
Today's game is only a warm up so not on tv as far as I know
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2016, 12:09:44 PM »

Mohammad Shahzad didn't fancy hanging around, 40 off 23! I like the way the Afghan's play, plenty of aggressive intent. Hamilton Masakadza could be crucial in the chase, if he doesn't run himself out again ...

Afghans did well there to dig themselves out of a hole midway through and post a big score.  Surely it will be too much for Zim with the Afghan spin options on that pitch.  I think they might get skittled here for 80 if they go too fast too early.
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2016, 12:11:39 PM »

Afghans did well there to dig themselves out of a hole midway through and post a big score.  Surely it will be too much for Zim with the Afghan spin options on that pitch.  I think they might get skittled here for 80 if they go too fast too early.

I have Masakadza top bat but for them to get close he'll have to go for it early on, so not ideal. Afghan's should have 30 too many there. Quick start while the pace is still on the ball is Zim's only hope before the 3 spinners come on
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2016, 01:33:36 PM »

England got the 170 with 4 balls to spare v NZ  Smiley
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2016, 05:32:07 PM »

India getting spun out, fun

Isn't it nice when you don't play on roads

Great shout from Williamson to drop Boult and southeee for spinners
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2016, 08:59:32 PM »

India getting spun out, fun

Isn't it nice when you don't play on roads

Great shout from Williamson to drop Boult and southeee for spinners

Mental game really.  Kiwis looked to have set a poor total but it looked massive after the Indian powerplay.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2016, 05:12:16 PM »

England have showed in a few overs why they wont win this. Bowlers just not good enough.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: