blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:35:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL LIVE MUSIC THREAD!***
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL LIVE MUSIC THREAD!***  (Read 966 times)
AdamM

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2016, 08:51:26 PM »

OK, the musician's thread didn't work. apparently not many musicians on blonde.

So, lets try a live music thread.

Review gigs you go to.
Share memories of favourite gigs from the past, or your first gig.
Any gigs coming up you want to recommend?

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:21:10 PM by AdamM » Logged
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 09:12:58 PM »

I'll start.

Last night I went to Rock City, Nottingham to see Bowling For Soup for about the 5th or 6th time.

Support bands were a bit meh if I'm honest.
First up was Nottingham band Lacey who seem like really nice lads, but was a bit samey and a bit hipster meets emo for my tastes.

Then there was The Dolly Rots, who again, seemed pretty cool people, but musically, just missed me. The female lead singer/bassist was decent, and the female drummer was also very good. The guy on guitar and BVs was possibly the worst guitarist I've ever seen in a pro touring band. Really really bad.

Filling the gaps between bands MC Lars. White dudes in Adidas and gold chains raping isn't my bag, however much humour and irony is involved.

But I was only really there to see BFS. Last time I saw them was in 2013 on what was supposed to be their fair well tour. Undisclosed personal and professional reasons was going to prevent them touring overseas again. They returned with this "How about another round" tour and it was worth the wait. They played a decent mix of earlier and later material, and even a few covers. Front man Jaret said that he'd read that pop/punk was dead, so to prove it wasn;t they played a medley of songs by Blink 182, Green Day, Good Charlotte, New Found Glory and Jimmy Eat World, followed by a full cover of Stacy's Mom, which the sold out Rock City crowd went mad for, so the genre seems to be going strong.

As always they built up to finishing with "the best song ever" as they describe it; Girl All The Bad Guys Want.

Gig over all 4/10 because of dissappointing support
BFS themselves 8/10

Only crisism of BFS themselves was they over did it with the banter between songs. They've always liked a bit of a natter between songs, but it went on too long at times last night. Saying that, the audience ate it up so I'm probably in the minority there.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:19:44 PM by AdamM » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: