blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:37:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  After Liverpool ticket price climb-down what are other changes fans want to see?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: After Liverpool ticket price climb-down what are other changes fans want to see?  (Read 10088 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2016, 09:41:15 PM »

Was supposed to be announced last month I understand, but 7 clubs weren't having it; City, united, Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal and I think it was West Ham.

Obv a couple of those have had a change of heart and its all go now. Now just to get stand alone home prices more in line and we have some excellent progress. Match day revenue makes up such a tiny %age of a clubs revenue, really no excuse to charge £50+ for some fixtures.

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2016, 09:48:08 PM »

Find this whole thing incredible.  Waiting for Prada to be told they can't sell their shoes for £500 a pair and have to reduce their prices to topman shoe level circa £80 because they are a top end luxury brand and have to appeal to the masses because your average joe who earns the minimum wage can't afford them and we have to pander to his needs because he should be able to afford a luxury product.

Truely comical how a business with a fixed supply of product (ie seats in their stadium) is told how they should under price their product.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 09:52:58 PM by arbboy » Logged
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2016, 10:05:04 PM »

Find this whole thing incredible.  Waiting for Prada to be told they can't sell their shoes for £500 a pair and have to reduce their prices to topman shoe level circa £80 because they are a top end luxury brand and have to appeal to the masses because your average joe who earns the minimum wage can't afford them and we have to pander to his needs because he should be able to afford a luxury product.

Truely comical how a business with a fixed supply of product (ie seats in their stadium) is told how they should under price their product.

Long term vision as a counter argument.  Atmospheres with few away fans reduce the value of the theatre for future tv deals.  I've declined a few away trips this season because the ticket price is taking the mikey once you've added in the travel hassle/costs.  Chelsea away being an example.  I'm skipping Norwich as well due to their high prices.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2016, 10:16:22 PM »

These are the same shoe-lovers who demand Prada get the best designers and the best materials and say money should be no object. They demand Prada stay at the absolute top of haute couture and will moan at every London, New York and Milan Fashion weeks and every Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter collections about the new lines not being inventive enough. 

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2016, 10:23:09 PM »

Obviously good news

In my opinion being charged £16 for a conference south game is a bigger scandal than being charged £40 for a premiership game.

Same goes for League Two and League One

gate receipts a much bigger proportion of club income. not as easy to cut

across the 20 clubs in the prem this will cost £33m and all 40 are at least £40m better off from the new deal so its not a big cost to do it

No doubt about that

However purely on what you are watching you will struggle to see a bigger difference in quality in any sport for something quite closely priced.

Since i have started scouting a lot of "old boys" tell me they cant afford to support their non league side that is madness. Obviously players are paid at that level far to much for their ability.

Ridic price for the standard, which is awful much of the time. Brighton opening the Amex has damaged some teams in Sussex as for not much more money, the standard and experience so much better.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2016, 10:24:41 PM »

All you do putting these prices at £30 is make ticket touts rich.  They are highly advanced nowadays and will snap up these £30 tickets doing whatever it takes to get their hands on them and sell them on Stubhub for the 'correct' market rate.  The clubs lose, the real fans lose and the touts win.  You can't take on market forces and win. 
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2016, 12:49:23 AM »

Agreed United ticket exchanges are a joke way into three figures is the going rate for most United away days.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: