blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:14:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  After Liverpool ticket price climb-down what are other changes fans want to see?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: After Liverpool ticket price climb-down what are other changes fans want to see?  (Read 10090 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2016, 05:33:05 PM »

Leicester still charge per letter.

Well, I think you've just lost all the neutrals wanting Leicester to win the title.

Safe standing. Most away fans just stand all game anyway, and the home fans surrounding them follow suit. Just get a designated area.
Cheap(er) beer, but also the catering can vary from edible to turgid. Why can't KFC have little stands in the grounds and on the concourses?
Why can't the TV schedule be organised and published in line when train fares go on sale? So they have until 12 weeks before a game to fuck about with the schedule, and then if they alter a fixture from there on in then some form of compensation for those who booked up and have since been left out of pocket due to a TV change. Even just rail vouchers to put towards the next booking or something. There should definitely be something in place meaning fixtures can't be touched less than a month before kick off.

Unrealistic - the fixed equipment cost for a KFC is huge, & could not possibly be economically viable on Match Days only. Cracking grub though.

Cheaper/better beer? No no no. That can only end badly.

Kit changes every year? Daft to blame the Clubs for that. As long as folks buy them, they'll keep changing them.

Tannoy music after a goal? Are you kidding me? It's not pyjama cricket. BAN IT.

Safe standing? No such thing, especially if combined with cheap beer. How many disasters do we want before we realise that grown ups should sit down? You don't stand at the Opera, or Ballet.

KFC equipment is more expensive than Mc Donalds ?

Sorry David, but I don't know what equipment they use, I'm not common enough to frequent MacDonalds, I have standards, & taste, & stuff like that.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2016, 06:36:09 PM »

Leicester still charge per letter.

Well, I think you've just lost all the neutrals wanting Leicester to win the title.

Safe standing. Most away fans just stand all game anyway, and the home fans surrounding them follow suit. Just get a designated area.
Cheap(er) beer, but also the catering can vary from edible to turgid. Why can't KFC have little stands in the grounds and on the concourses?
Why can't the TV schedule be organised and published in line when train fares go on sale? So they have until 12 weeks before a game to fuck about with the schedule, and then if they alter a fixture from there on in then some form of compensation for those who booked up and have since been left out of pocket due to a TV change. Even just rail vouchers to put towards the next booking or something. There should definitely be something in place meaning fixtures can't be touched less than a month before kick off.

Unrealistic - the fixed equipment cost for a KFC is huge, & could not possibly be economically viable on Match Days only. Cracking grub though.

Cheaper/better beer? No no no. That can only end badly.

Kit changes every year? Daft to blame the Clubs for that. As long as folks buy them, they'll keep changing them.

Tannoy music after a goal? Are you kidding me? It's not pyjama cricket. BAN IT.

Safe standing? No such thing, especially if combined with cheap beer. How many disasters do we want before we realise that grown ups should sit down? You don't stand at the Opera, or Ballet.

KFC equipment is more expensive than Mc Donalds ?

Sorry David, but I don't know what equipment they use, I'm not common enough to frequent MacDonalds, I have standards, & taste, & stuff like that.

Indeed, McDonalds is banned in the culinary paradise in which I currently dwell. Kazakhstan. Something to do with the standard of their chicken processing procedure falling below Kazakh standards. Make of that what you will.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2016, 06:37:32 PM »

Tommy

how did you end up in Kazakhstan? what's the story behind that?

(nosey of blonde)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2016, 06:48:20 PM »

... You don't stand at the Opera, or Ballet.

you can buy standing tickets for some Opera and Ballet. Not trying to be awkward.... just saying.

Never knew that.

Where do they congregate?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2016, 07:24:20 PM »

Tommy

(nosey of blonde)

I managed a first in English language and set about wasting it as much as I could. Got a job with a major gambling firm, holding numerous varied roles then got married to a teacher. Recession hits, prospects wain and my wife gets offered a job in Kaz so I figured I/we had nothing to lose. Undertook a TEFL and an IELTS teaching course and rocked up in Almaty as a high end English language tutor.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 07:28:12 PM by TommyPlus » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2016, 07:41:06 PM »

you can buy standing tickets for some Opera and Ballet. Not trying to be awkward.... just saying.

Never knew that.

Not sure if serious, but the Royal Opera House has standing tickets.  We went in the cheapest seats a few years ago.  Was an experience.  I would recommend it, after all the upgrade cost us a billion or so.  It is such a nice building, and a waste to leave it to the hoorays.   

I did a count at the interval.  There were 8 bottles of beer and precisely a gazillion bottles of champagne.   Think there were 6 bottles of beer left at the end of the break and we drank exactly 2.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2016, 07:46:47 PM »

Tommy

(nosey of blonde)

I managed a first in English language and set about wasting it as much as I could. Got a job with a major gambling firm, holding numerous varied roles then got married to a teacher. Recession hits, prospects wain and my wife gets offered a job in Kaz so I figured I/we had nothing to lose. Undertook a TEFL and an IELTS teaching course and rocked up in Almaty as a high end English language tutor.

How very interesting.
I am visiting Almaty in April.
2 weeks in Kazakstan and Kyrgyzstan.
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2016, 07:54:59 PM »

Tommy

(nosey of blonde)

How very interesting.

That's cool. If you need a place to crash or someone to show you 'the sights' then I'm sure I can be hospitable enough.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2016, 08:02:04 PM »

you might not be up for it but if you wanted to do a thread describing Kazakhstan, life there etc, put some pictures up sure a lot of people would be interested

my travel bug lapsed with family and commitments a long time ago, cant imagine ill ever do the former USSR countries

no problem if not, but i think kazakhstan is a first for here

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2016, 08:04:45 PM »

Never knew that.

Not sure if serious, but the Royal Opera House has standing tickets.  We went in the cheapest seats a few years ago.  Was an experience.  I would recommend it, after all the upgrade cost us a billion or so.  It is such a nice building, and a waste to leave it to the hoorays.   

I did a count at the interval.  There were 8 bottles of beer and precisely a gazillion bottles of champagne.   Think there were 6 bottles of beer left at the end of the break and we drank exactly 2.

I didn't know, but you can't tempt me to go.

My love for opera is almost as intense as tikay's for a show called The Celebrity T20 Wrestling in the Jungle On Ice Song Contest.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2016, 08:10:43 PM »

you might not be up for it but if you wanted to do a thread describing Kazakhstan, life there etc, put some pictures up sure a lot of people would be interested

my travel bug lapsed with family and commitments a long time ago, cant imagine ill ever do the former USSR countries

I'd love to have a crack at it mate. I need to know -
A) where to post it
B) how to link pictures
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2016, 08:13:02 PM »

I'd love to have a crack at it mate. I need to know -
A) where to post it
B) how to link pictures

a) In the diaries and blogs section

b) upload pictures to something like picasa or photobucket and save the ones you want to you in a folder

then underneath the post will be an "additional options"

click it, press browse and then click your image in

press post

shout if you have problems

My eyes are open wide
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2016, 08:13:31 PM »

+1, be very interesting.

Best Bitter.
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2016, 08:20:25 PM »

Seems like an idea to be pursued. I'll give it a go tomorrow.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2016, 09:01:30 PM »

Tommy

(nosey of blonde)

How very interesting.

That's cool. If you need a place to crash or someone to show you 'the sights' then I'm sure I can be hospitable enough.

I think we're going to go AirBnB for accommodation thx but someone to tell us the sights would be good.
I don't want to derail the thread so I'll pm you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: