blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:41:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272644 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  A $1.2m prop bet. which side do you like
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A $1.2m prop bet. which side do you like  (Read 7357 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2016, 04:56:51 PM »

Dan Bilzerian has to ride a bike from LA to Las Vegas within a 48 hour period to win the bet

which side do you like?

Bill Perkins (Guy) ‏@bp22

Just bet DanBilzerian he can't bike from his house to the past Vegas sign in 48 hrs he has until March 31st to start

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 05:10:34 PM »

Depends. Is it a continuous 48hr stretch or can he start and then when he stops the clock stops?

Google says it can be done in 27hrs from a basic LA starting point. Not sure where Bilzerian lives but its over 300 miles. With that I would probably like Bilzerian's side tbh.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 05:12:02 PM »

Can't see it being too much of an issue for someone that's reasonably fit.  Google reckons it can be cycled in less than 30 hours.

I'd give it a bash for $1.2m

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 06:01:51 PM »

If it can be done in 30 hours I like blitzes side as you could probably do 20 hours one day then 10 the next

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 06:54:03 PM »

What are the exact terms of the bet?

As written, "bike" could be motorbike. Even if not, the bicycle could have a motor in it. If the bet is to ride a bike between LA and LV, he could ride an exercise bike while being transported on the back of a pickup truck.

People don't seem to hustle these props anymore. I'd be looking for any exploitable loophole or ambiguity I could. You'd never have seen Titanic Thompson or Minnesota Fats urinating into a coffee cup.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 07:07:42 PM »

,,,,,,,,,.......where's sofa-king when you need him?......,,,,,,,,,,,,

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=34372.0
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 10:51:46 PM »

Depends if there's a lot of big breasted women wearing nothing but smiles in the way.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 11:35:30 PM »

As written, "bike" could be motorbike. Even if not, the bicycle could have a motor in it. If the bet is to ride a bike between LA and LV, he could ride an exercise bike while being transported on the back of a pickup truck.

People don't seem to hustle these props anymore. I'd be looking for any exploitable loophole or ambiguity I could. You'd never have seen Titanic Thompson or Minnesota Fats urinating into a coffee cup.

If he did any if the above in this day and age no one would expect him to get paid. Just a different culture. Lots of these bets are between friends or mutual friends so hustling shouldn't be occurring.

Spirit of the bet. We had a big debate in a budapest poker group about a Brazil nut prop bet which could have led to a serious incident due to something in the nut at such a big quantity. I thought the guy who was opposing the eater was being absurd for not just calling it a chop when someone brought up the issue. It's like the guys who ask if your playing ccr then run up a bill with 2 starters and the most expensive main. Gtfo!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 11:39:24 PM by rfgqqabc » Logged

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 12:18:51 AM »

If he did any if the above in this day and age no one would expect him to get paid. Just a different culture. Lots of these bets are between friends or mutual friends so hustling shouldn't be occurring.

Spirit of the bet. We had a big debate in a budapest poker group about a Brazil nut prop bet which could have led to a serious incident due to something in the nut at such a big quantity. I thought the guy who was opposing the eater was being absurd for not just calling it a chop when someone brought up the issue. It's like the guys who ask if your playing ccr then run up a bill with 2 starters and the most expensive main. Gtfo!

Poker is a gentleman's game.

I've heard it all now. Cheesy

If the bet were "Bill will pay Dan the sum of $1.2m if he successfully rides a bike for the entire journey between Los Angeles and Las Vegas within a 48 hour period" and Dan completes the task on this...

...while obviously being surrounded by a dozen models in bikinis...

...I personally would expect him to be paid out. He would simply have outsmarted the other guy and still had to go to considerable effort to do his part. He hasn't robbed anyone. He won.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 12:59:44 AM »

Poker is a gentleman's game.

I've heard it all now. Cheesy

If the bet were "Bill will pay Dan the sum of $1.2m if he successfully rides a bike for the entire journey between Los Angeles and Las Vegas within a 48 hour period" and Dan completes the task on this...

...while obviously being surrounded by a dozen models in bikinis...

...I personally would expect him to be paid out. He would simply have outsmarted the other guy and still had to go to considerable effort to do his part. He hasn't robbed anyone. He won.

goldstar thumbs up
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 05:39:35 PM »

"considerable effort" lol. He would have to spend approximately 15 seconds on the phone telling someone else what he needs. It violates the spirit of the bet. He has robbed someone by taking a bet knowing the other person expected him to actually take on the challenge instead of trying to angle their way to success. Where do you draw the scumminess line? If I start trying to cheat at the poker table, aren't I just "outsmarting" my opponents? What if someone is showing me their hand accidentally? Personally, I would always say something.

I do feel like some of the old school bets were just set up for this dumb shit. If I offered you a bet to cycle between LA and Vegas in 6 hours and you rode the bike in the back of the truck I guess I've walked into it. Ditto for the one mile teeshot golf bet.

I'll get some double headed coins made up for the next blonde bash.                                                              double tails now
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 05:47:25 PM by rfgqqabc » Logged

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 07:35:36 PM »

"considerable effort" lol. He would have to spend approximately 15 seconds on the phone telling someone else what he needs. It violates the spirit of the bet. He has robbed someone by taking a bet knowing the other person expected him to actually take on the challenge instead of trying to angle their way to success. Where do you draw the scumminess line? If I start trying to cheat at the poker table, aren't I just "outsmarting" my opponents? What if someone is showing me their hand accidentally? Personally, I would always say something.

I do feel like some of the old school bets were just set up for this dumb shit. If I offered you a bet to cycle between LA and Vegas in 6 hours and you rode the bike in the back of the truck I guess I've walked into it. Ditto for the one mile teeshot golf bet.

I'll get some double headed coins made up for the next blonde bash.                                                              double tails now

Love the last line 

On the "considerable effort" bit, I had it in my head that he would be pedalling the bike for the entire journey and hadn't considered that you could interpret "ride" to mean "sit on while moving". Your idea is even better (you clearly have a talent), although not really in the spirit of the thing.

For Mr Billionaire and Mr Balla, I think it's fairly easy to have little sympathy for the loser in a straight hustle for a sum that won't change either's life. They're both being rather appendage-wavey in getting involved in this absurd proposition. There is very little if any actual nobility in the endeavour, even if the money is then donated to charity (as I believe the Esfandi-latte money was). It's just two stags butting antlers, two peacocks parading their feathers, two bees dancing and two eleven  year olds arching backwards at the urinals.

If Joe Schmoe and his mates want to imitate that behaviour, I expect lots of people would look on it like they used to with Jackass, Dirty Sanchez and that ilk.

There's obviously a romance in hearing edited stories of Amarillo Slim and his coke bottles. He says he didn't rob anyone that didn't want to take his money when making these deals.

I'd still love someone to pull a witty stroke in one of these otherwise stupid bets. All in good taste, of course.

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 08:04:15 PM »

I like Dan's side a lot. As long as Perkins doesn't ride a bicycle, or do any endurance sports, he'll of underestimated how easy doable the task is.

A tip of the hat to Perkins for the lunge everywhere bet with Antonio Esfandiari though, that one was gross.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 08:06:01 PM by McGlashan » Logged
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2016, 12:15:32 AM »

It's not an easy ride, mostly desert and has at least 2 or 3 significant long climbs en route. There is definitely a very steep climb coming out of the la metro area whichever way you go.

Probably like bilzerian side but have no real idea of his fitness/ cycling background. I mean some of the climbs will be impossible for someone who has no fitness.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2016, 02:22:13 AM »

This is what happens when 2 fools have too much money
Bill Perkins bet with esfandiari at the pca wher Antonio had to lunge everywhere for 48? Hrs for $50 k backfired
Antonio s legs were so wobbly he peed in a bottle at the table and got removed from the tourney
Proper pair of clowns
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: