blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:18:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Here we go again... UKPC interesting spot :D
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Here we go again... UKPC interesting spot :D  (Read 6153 times)
TheFruitbat

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2016, 07:21:30 PM »

Live MTT UKPC Main event.

£1100 buy in

Day 1B-

blinds 600-1200/200

Hero stack 42,600

Villain 1 Stack ~80,000

Villain 2 Stack ~50,000

Villain 3 Stack 5,100

Hero is seen as active and aggressive but not way OOL at all.

Villain 1 is a very active and aggressive good PRO. Been caught bluffing multiple times and previously been active 3-betting and 4-betting without showdown.

Villain 2 is on the tightish side but not nitty. Capable of 3-bet bluffing after seeing his hands at showdown previously.

Villain 3 has just lost a huge pot the previous hand and is probably pretty tilted being down to 4BBs on the BB, but is a good thinking player nonetheless.

Villain 1 opens CO to 2,500

Hero flats BTN with 

Villain 2 flats SB 2,500

Villain 3 slides his remaining 3,900 over the line after a brief 10 sec pause, so Re-raises to 5,100 ALL IN

Villain 1 tanks a short while before Raising to 11,800

HERO is ALL IN 42,600.

Line check please? Thoughts?

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 07:37:21 PM »

People are laughing at you.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 07:41:42 PM »

Fold for me

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 07:42:04 PM »

Fold. Next hand.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 07:43:32 PM »

sneaking feeling this is a dig at another player's play but will answer nonetheless

why are we going all in? fold

40k at 600-1200 if you fold, where's the drama. move on

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 07:51:38 PM »

flat. lets see 3.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TheRagingBull
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 08:05:20 PM »

Foldz
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 08:17:39 PM »

Looks like a fold to me.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 10:38:12 PM »

Think I'm in the fold camp.  Even if we can show a slight profit from jamming, we can do better things with 35bb in this comp.
FredW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 12:18:43 AM »

I like it. If he's good and opening wide and then 4betting his entire range to iso then you're going to get a lot of folds surely?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 12:21:15 AM »

35bb with 77?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
HarrytheDragon
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2016, 12:57:56 AM »

Suppose you can get lots of good hands to fold there, I'm assuming his calling range there is pretty slim but why risk 40BBS
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2016, 12:59:39 AM »

Suppose you can get lots of good hands to fold there, I'm assuming his calling range there is pretty slim but why risk 40BBS

Enter the dragon.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
TheFruitbat

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 01:24:05 AM »

My opinion is this...

CO is good, obv this is tough when you're in a live MTT but guessing the villains ranges is the key factor here IMO.

My guess was he was opening something like this..

22+,A2s+,K2s+,Q8s+,J8s+,T8s+,98s,87s,76s,A2o+,K8o+,QTo+,JTo    and IMO that's still pretty tight but w/e the BB is short and all that jazz so some people don't like raising too wide.

Hero is me.

My thoughts at the time we're that it's a really good spot to go after Villain 3's stack and I estimated that Villain 1 being a good aggressive player would realise his range plays extremely well vs Villain 3's 4BB all in range which will be SUPER wide and look to ISO him close to 100% with Hero's and Villain 2's Dead money when we fold making his price even better.

Now if people think this range is a mistake and if indeed Villain 1 doesn't see the hand like I would and isn't looking to ISO the BB VERY wide, this jam will obviously become less and less good.

I think 77 is going to show a reasonable chip EV profit as a jam here and I'm basically just looking to exploit Villain 1's intention to ISO Villain 3's stack very wide.

Even with the price he's getting he's not going to call off that whole range and will fold a reasonable amount of the time.

Guessing he will call off like 22+,A9s+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KQo

And if he does go with this range 77 plays fine vs this calling range (49.82%equity), which will include some hands we even dominate and the vast majority of hands we Flip vs. Also we are netting a very profitable situation when he folds and we go heads up vs Villain 3.

Finally Villain 2 may call off sometimes but my estimation at the time would be anything that crushes 77 in his range barring    or maybe 99??? would 3bet pre. So I wasn't worried about him. Because that's a very small portion of his range.

I would love to hear people's feedback on this if you think any of my estimations on villains ranges or my calculations are wrong or if you see any error in my logic maybe? Thanks peeps.

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2016, 01:31:48 AM »

I think the range that you think the ISO guy will call off with when you jam is too wide, but w/e that's good for you.

The problem is that if the ISOer is a good player and you say he is, he won't just assume that you and the sb guy have put dead money in since he will know that you will both probably have realised that the big blind is reasonably likely to go all in so will have more traps pre and less speculative hands.

Despite this I still think jamming 77 is best here, get folds plenty IMO. (was trolling earlier due to some off forum banter that was involved!)

If there was ever a tournament I would fold in though this would probably have been it... Is this the last day one?!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: