blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:19:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272598 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Here we go again... UKPC interesting spot :D
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Here we go again... UKPC interesting spot :D  (Read 6148 times)
TheFruitbat

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 12:27:31 PM »

I think the range that you think the ISO guy will call off with when you jam is too wide, but w/e that's good for you.

Yeah, it might be slightly light. However, I'm just basing this range on the fact that Villain 1 said he had ATo and was going to snap call my all in if SB folded. Also, the very juicy pot odds he was offered and the fact that even though It's a reasonable spot to trap with monsters, my range still looks pretty capped and in fairness, it is. I'd like to think I'd be trapping with AA here close to 100% of the time but I'm certain with our dynamic I'm still 3bet-calling 99+, AQ+. Also with his stack it still leaves him 35BBs if he calls and loses, which does damage his utility but not critically and the benefit of calling and winning is a huge stack.

And yeah villain could assume we have some traps in our range because of this dynamic, I still think he opens the same range and has a pretty profitable ISO to 11.8k with basically all of that range, this is obv just the instinct I had at the time though.

This was DAY1B, there was another day 1 sure but that wouldn't affect my decision making process in any way.

Cheers for the feedback though Statman, appreciate it.

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 05:04:25 PM »

Why can't we flat?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TheFruitbat

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 07:05:31 PM »

Why can't we flat?

Pretty interesting question.

The reason I liked jamming>flatting>folding is it's just easier to play this way IMO, 77 has a lot of raw equity and has bad visibility in this kind of pot post flop. Also, without any knowledge of Villain 1's tendencies in this spot post-flop I thought putting nearly 30% of my stack with no idea how to continue didn't feel good? I always play these spots as a jam to save the headache tbh lol.

You think flatting>jamming? Would you mind going into more detail please dude?

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 03:02:53 AM »

completely depends on lots of things, but people freeze a lot and are very honest post flop when you flat again. most boards are going to be better for your perceived range than his too i think.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2016, 03:03:16 AM »

we can also turn our hand into a bluff a bunch too in great spots.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 10:33:52 AM »

any love for raising to 3900 and making V1's shove an under-raise? He's shoving pretty wide, no?

Multiway to the flop with potential to play a big pot if we make our set and a small one otherwise.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2016, 11:51:28 AM »

any love for raising to 3900 and making V1's shove an under-raise? He's shoving pretty wide, no?

Multiway to the flop with potential to play a big pot if we make our set and a small one otherwise.

villain one can still raise unless the venue has some bizarre rule.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: