blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 04:13:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272885 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Yes or No, the Euro 2016 squad
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yes or No, the Euro 2016 squad  (Read 38870 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2016, 10:06:02 PM »

I would have much preferred to have paid theo than gabby by a mile,  not sure if gabbys goals have ever really kept villa up.  He has scored 28 eps goals in the last six seasons before that they were solid top ten team.  Amazing how gabby was at his peak the higher villa were in the league,  the lower down the league they go the more he regresses which suggests he is a role player at best. Theo will def have fired arsenal into multiple fourth place spots over that eight year period that they might not have got without him.

Did Sven kill Walcott In 2006 or was he never anything more than a rich mans franz Carr.  I don't buy the injury arguments he has had years of injury free time and just couldn't do it for arsenal.(Winger with lightening pace for those under the age of 35).  Quickest footballer I have ever watched live by a mile over 40 yards.  Cloughie said he did 100m in 10.3 seconds in late 80s in football boots on the training pitch.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 10:14:05 PM by arbboy » Logged
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2016, 10:46:46 PM »

Thought all the Everton players were poor tonight.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2016, 10:48:29 PM »

That ruins the thought of getting some of the Leica epl can't win donk off back on laying England in the summer!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 10:52:37 PM by arbboy » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2016, 10:50:20 PM »

Stones needs a year under a top manager in a proper defensive system, neither of which he currently has. A great talent but not ready to start in a major champs yet

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2016, 10:54:09 PM »

One positive tonight Rooney realises where his best position is nowadays, in the booth going emmmmmmmmmmmm whilst he collects 300 large a week for the next 3 years.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2016, 10:57:19 PM »

One positive tonight Rooney realises where his best position is nowadays, in the booth going emmmmmmmmmmmm whilst he collects 300 large a week for the next 3 years.

By the time Rooney gets to the final year of his contract I doubt he'll make the United bench.  Incredible contract he got himself.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2016, 10:59:59 PM »

Stones needs a year under a top manager in a proper defensive system, neither of which he currently has. A great talent but not ready to start in a major champs yet

Not being contrary for the hell of it but why do you  say he's a great talent ? I ask because a  lot of people say it but I really don't get it.

Not many centre halves just punt it these days so he doesn't really stand out as a ball player in any kind of special way and, to me, he's a complete flake in terms of any kind of defensive work.

sola virtus nobilitat
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2016, 11:00:18 PM »

By the time Rooney gets to the final year of his contract I doubt he'll make the United bench.  Incredible contract he got himself.

Even more incredible he is turning down 700k a week tax free in China for three years!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2016, 11:01:53 PM »

Not being contrary for the hell of it but why do you  say he's a great talent ? I ask because a  lot of people say it but I really don't get it.

Not many centre halves just punt it these days so he doesn't really stand out as a ball player in any kind of special way and, to me, he's a complete flake in terms of any kind of defensive work.

This, Everton missed a monster trick not selling him for £50m.  Shawcross is way better than this kid right now,  that is all that matters in international football.  This kid is a talent like theo was. Nothing more than that right now.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2016, 11:03:07 PM »

In the ball playing sense if you compare him to Jagielka, Smalling, Cahill then he is a talent I suppose.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2016, 11:03:49 PM »

I don't get the stones hype at all.  His epl team is one of the most clueless defensively in epl history relative to wage bill and talent.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2016, 11:03:50 PM »

Not being contrary for the hell of it but why do you  say he's a great talent ? I ask because a  lot of people say it but I really don't get it.

well I think he can pick a pass and has vision that not many centre backs have. Defensively though I agree, not ready yet. Stones or Cahill next to smalling? I have to go Cahill but it's a definite weak link in the squad

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2016, 11:06:01 PM »

I don't get the stones hype at all.  His epl team is one of the most clueless defensively in epl history relative to wage bill and talent.
some of that is Martinez. Would like to see stones in a pochettino team, for example. Get him defending

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2016, 11:06:35 PM »

well I think he can pick a pass and has vision that not many centre backs have. Defensively though I agree, not ready yet. Stones or Cahill next to smalling? I have to go Cahill but it's a definite weak link in the squad

Shawcross missing for Stoke moves the Asian market more than any of these guys and it isn't even close.  These guys are playing in systems where they are protected and delude themselves into thinking they are great players be cause they play for a team with a badge. As discussed in another thread this is changing.  The masses don't realise it yet.  The shrewdies do.

You can't get more results orientated than Ryan's treatment, one of the greatest players in the modern era destroyed him in one half with wonder goals and he hasn't played for England since.  I would love football gambling pros to run the England run who can see outside of results short term then we might actually have a chance of winning something,  how can a top class centre half be put in a coffin internationally for his whole life because of that? It is truely redic.

I will flip the discussion from earlier name me a more under paid player in the last 8 years in the epl consistently over those years than Ryan? £50k a week at his peak more than half of that period less than half of that.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:13:59 PM by arbboy » Logged
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2016, 11:11:02 PM »

This, Everton missed a monster trick not selling him for £50m.  Shawcross is way better than this kid right now,  that is all that matters in international football.  This kid is a talent like theo was. Nothing more than that right now.

Very likely going to Man City in the summer. Should be a great bit of business for Everton.

I agree on Shawcross. We can't win the tournament with Stones/Jag/Cahill alongside Smalling in the same way we can't win it with Rooney, Sterling and Sturridge
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:16:04 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: