blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:36:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Need help from the pro's.... 6max nlhe dtd 500
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help from the pro's.... 6max nlhe dtd 500  (Read 4209 times)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2016, 10:41:57 PM »

Genuine hand from a friend, I know.....

6 max, we are BB

Middle aged Chinese guy (don't know anything else) opens BTN to 8k over a limp (playing 40k) at 1200/2400, we find  playing approx 200k, villain has similar stack.

We 3bt pre to 22.5k, limped folds, btn calls.

FLOP

We cbet 25k, he calls

TURN

We check, he bets 33k, we shove for 120k he takes 30 seconds and calls.

RIVER
5o

Thoughts on pre, flop, turn?

Plans for sizing, 3bt vs flat, Jxx boards not getting folds etc...??

WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 11:02:37 PM »

I'd flat pre. Hand flops pretty well, somewhat under-repped, allows the (assume rec) limper to get involved and keeps all the dominated hands in from both players. Don't hate the 3bet, but prefer just keeping pots small, keeping weak players in and allowing people to make big mistakes, rather than playing big pots oop with semi-strong hands.

As played flop c-bet seems standard, i'd probs bet a bit smaller.
Turn i'd definitely bet, if i check i would check-call, don't see any merit in check-jamming really?

(also you've said the guy is playing 40k, which i assume is a typo, correct stack size obviously would affect my reply, but i guess he covers)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 11:32:14 PM »

The limper is the 40k stack, the villain has close to us, both around 200k

WotRTheChances

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 01:52:18 AM »

The limper is the 40k stack, the villain has close to us, both around 200k

Oh ok, well that makes me like 3betting less I think. Villain on the button probably isn't iso'ing super wide if limper has ~17bb. Limper can just have a massive hand... and we get to fold cheaply if it goes jam jam if we just flat... or even if it goes jam, fold I guess, villain dependant.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 02:23:52 AM »

3betting this is not optimal imo. id go more aqs/ako/tt for value and then more polar as bluffs. 3bet folding this hand wouldn't be great and 3b/5b is unnecessary.

flop size is too big imo, id go around 14-15k with all my range.

i dont understand turn c/j doesn't accomplish much in my eyes.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
WotRTheChances

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 02:29:29 AM »

3betting this is not optimal imo. id go more aqs/ako/tt for value and then more polar as bluffs. 3bet folding this hand wouldn't be great and 3b/5b is unnecessary.

flop size is too big imo, id go around 14-15k with all my range.

i dont understand turn c/j doesn't accomplish much in my eyes.

you could've just copy and pasted my reply if you wanted Cheesy

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 08:42:02 AM »

With the big flop c bet I like checking the turn here / betting the river, it's a card vil will check behind on a lot and fold a lot
if we bet. Turn x jam it's going to be hard for us to be good here once called.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 11:58:30 AM »

Betting turn seems best over anything else, we're always going to bluff that card if we don't have it. B/c/b leaves us with a pretty strong range with almost no bluffs by the river, so best to try get another street of value here.

Turn check jam is a bit mental. Our opponent is uncapped and even with some insane dynamic it's going to be very hard to get called by worse.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 12:47:44 AM »

Thanks for the comments, I originally thought 3bt pre was superior but am starting to see the merit to peel, however I don't like playing a hand this 'weak' oop with our stack size, I'd prefer to be deeper (maybe it's the cash player in me).

I also don't agree with the turn c/j but understand the thought process of the player saying "I thought it would look weak when I checked and then I can get hands to commit more chips than they should and then slam the door."

The reason I posted the hand is that when 3 different people talking about the hand had completely different things they would change about the hand then I wanted to see some more thoughts from you guys.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 02:00:40 AM »

ATs is absolutely not a weak hand, I would overcall a lot of way, way worse hands.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 09:10:24 PM »

ATs is absolutely not a weak hand, I would overcall a lot of way, way worse hands.

40% of a royal flush!

ROYAL FLUSH!

ROYYYYALLL!

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 12:37:13 AM »

Thanks for the comments, I originally thought 3bt pre was superior but am starting to see the merit to peel, however I don't like playing a hand this 'weak' oop with our stack size, I'd prefer to be deeper (maybe it's the cash player in me).

I also don't agree with the turn c/j but understand the thought process of the player saying "I thought it would look weak when I checked and then I can get hands to commit more chips than they should and then slam the door."

The reason I posted the hand is that when 3 different people talking about the hand had completely different things they would change about the hand then I wanted to see some more thoughts from you guys.

Not that shallow are we, we have 85bbs! Different if we have 20-30bbs it could be more awkward, but v deep for a comp stack at this stage. I agree with Pleno and thigh too fwiw

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 09:17:06 AM »

Not that shallow are we, we have 85bbs! Different if we have 20-30bbs it could be more awkward, but v deep for a comp stack at this stage. I agree with Pleno and thigh too fwiw

Cool, well if it's approved by the dog!

Smiley

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 01:42:16 PM »

You might be showing the early signs of Yoda's disease, I'd get tested if I were you.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: