blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:00:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Mehhhh
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mehhhh  (Read 5168 times)
zerofive

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2016, 12:37:56 AM »

£1/1 game

We have £190 and are covered in both spots

£2 straddle is on.

We raise from the hijack to £10

SB and BB call, straddle folds.

Flop (£32) Two Clubs

Checked to us, we bet £20 and are called in both spots.

Turn (£92) Two Clubs

All check

River (£92) Two Clubs

SB bets £76, BB calls, we fold.

Seem okay?
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 02:12:20 AM »

Your price is too good to fold now i think.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 04:48:26 AM »

need some more info on them, probably calling.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 09:58:55 AM »

Basically readless, probably 15-20 hands in. They both handled chips like they'd played before and they both appeared to be winning, neither seemed especially tight, aggro, loose etc up to this point

My process was that I can't beat two hands at showdown often enough, even at this price. Will run numbers later , but wanted some preliminary thoughts
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 02:03:22 PM »

My process was that I can't beat two hands at showdown often enough, even at this price. Will run numbers later , but wanted some preliminary thoughts

First thing that sticks out is that surely the caller doesn't have us beat? So his money is just juicing up our price.

I'd do some basic stereotyping and probs call unless the bettor was a recreational player. Think recs will have almost no bluffs and nothing worse for value with this sizing.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 02:15:39 PM »

I would expect the blinds to lead the turn with 2 pair and sets some of the time but also small flushes. The over caller can still have a small flush that can't re-raise the river bet.

I doubt the SB is bluffing the river into 2 opponents so it's whether he bets 2 pair/sets for value on the river. I would see it's probable considering turn action. but if SB is value betting these type of hands what is BB over calling? The same type of hand strengths? Makes it less likely they both have 2 pairs/sets.

I would probably fold also knowing I get to see a showdown.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 07:03:09 PM »

bb can definitely have some lowish flushes, but if we aren't worried about him, then the first guy can just be betting 2 pairs/sets and we love life no?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 08:43:48 PM »

I think the bet sizing is pretty important here, and since we've decided it's pretty unlikely that villain is going to lead river as a bluff this sizing makes it pretty unlikely as a value bet for two pair or sets. I'd also expect flopped sets/two pair to raise flop some of the time. So yh, I think the sb's bet isn't going to be a bluff anywhere near often enough, and I don't think it's going to be a value bet with a worse hand than ours all that often either to this sizing into two people. And we're going to get to see anyway, plus BB can still have some small flushes. I just don't think we're going to be right here a quarter of the time, or if we are it's not going to be massive. Also think this depends quite a bit on the villains concerned, but I don't think folding here is going to be a huge mistake, but calling could potentially be if sb is only betting flushes to this size, which depending on the player doesn't seem impossible.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 09:03:06 PM »

bb can definitely have some lowish flushes, but if we aren't worried about him, then the first guy can just be betting 2 pairs/sets and we love life no?

In my experience (played a ton live from 2009-2013) most of the time people will just lead small flushes ott 3 way in live 1/1 from that position, so id personally take a few combos out.

The sizing Is a clue that he's at the top end of his overall value range here but without a more solid read think calling is still best. People just do too much silliness live and our odds are really quite good.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 01:36:39 AM »

It would seem doubtful he's using this sizing with ace 7 or a j. He also doesn't have a set here hardly ever.

Fold for me otr. What was the result?

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 02:41:23 PM »

It would seem doubtful he's using this sizing with ace 7 or a j. He also doesn't have a set here hardly ever.

Initially I thought the same but it's £0.5/1. Some players will only have a flush with this size, some recs don't have a clue and will just think fkn J9 is the nizzles here so we can't be sure without at least a little more info on opponent.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 12:38:58 AM »

shouldn't be cbetting this hand that much, easy call on river
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 03:35:44 AM »

I'd be pretty happy folding here unless i had a read.

SB defending range shouldn't be that wide here, we have zero Diamond blockers and the large river sizing 3 way OOP in a spot where its hard for him to have many bluffs make me happy to fold. I don't play that much live so could call if they are particularly fishy

@whollyflush on twitter
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2016, 11:03:25 AM »

very bad Cbet in a live FR game imo.

Very little fold equity, no hand at all, gotta check back - we don't have to win every pot

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2016, 11:05:48 AM »

Why very little food equity? I don't think the board is that connected.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: