blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 11:22:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 2017-18 season
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017-18 season  (Read 201897 times)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: October 10, 2016, 10:42:45 AM »

Big question is do the Cowboys bring back Romo.. I say not.. opinions Tighty ? Hot Hand and all that...

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 10, 2016, 10:43:58 AM »

Nice to see the Cowboys OL completely mash up Peko and Atkins. threw them about luike rag dolls

meanwhile

Most Pass Att Before 1st Career Int

2000-01 T. Brady 162
2016 D. Prescott 155 and counting
2016 C. Wentz 135
1984 W. Moon 131

I know you not big on backing/bragging on the Cowboys but I assume you are getting a little excited now?  Not talking SB 2016 excited but the pair (Prescott & Elliott) do look a bit special.  I know this OL can make anyone look good but this pair are beyond that?  You see a bright Cowboy future in Tightland?

Getting there

The OL and the running game should really set up the rest of the offense either when Romo comes back or Prescott develops further.

On the OL it was absolutely incredible to watch Zeke's long touchdown yesterday. Zack Martin annihilated a DT one way, Travis Frederick swallowed up the other DT the other and Zeke goes 60 yards untouched.

So far Dak has shown incredible poise, no mistakes and the game plan is nice and conservative. Hopefully a bigger play game can follow

Defenses will have to pick their poison. flood the box to stop the run leaves Dez and co one on one outside. Six or seven in the box and Zeke should have his way

Probably a draft or two of high defensive picks (pass rusher, couple of corners out of contract this off-season) from being really competitive for the post season but on the way. Then again with Wentz so are the Eagles so its fun times

I mean look at what the Vikes are doing. Over half their offense is out and that defense is so good that they can still be competitive. We are a way off that.

There's a lot of luck involved. The Cowboys would have loved Wentz, Lynch or Cook but couldn't draft any of them. "Settling" for Dak they expected to groom him behind Romo. Forced to start him, no one expected him to be as good as he has been. Part of the credit has to go to the offensive coaching staff, a much maligned group, but part of it is a happy accident of circumstances.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 10, 2016, 10:50:07 AM »

Big question is do the Cowboys bring back Romo.. I say not.. opinions Tighty ? Hot Hand and all that...

Nice problem to have. If (big if because its Lambeau then the Eagles) we are 5-2 going into the second half of the season then they can easily say Romo's not quite ready and ride it out

In practice though Romo should be (subject to his usual brain fades) dynamite with this running game as he offers a big play ability that they haven't asked from Dak yet.

When you watch Ryan with Atlanta this season, defenses have the same problem. Take away Julio Jones, as Denver tried to yesterday, and Freeman and Coleman kill you because without 8 or 9 stopping the run a competent OL can scheme the neceesary openings.

In theory with Romo back there not Prescott opposing defenses have real problems.

In poker terms Romo is the Laggy option, Prescott the taggy option.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 10, 2016, 01:48:01 PM »

Very impressed with the cowboys looked like they can go on a deep run in the playoffs..
Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 10, 2016, 01:56:03 PM »

Well. The Bengals sucked again. Can't establish the run. Or stop anyone else's. The pats are going to smash them next week Sad Zeke looks the real deal. Getting better every week.

40pts up on my blog last night. Into profit for the season finally. And that was after I removed Henry and Crabtree both to score at 5/1 as well.
No aggression last night just going through the motions.I love coach Lewis but he's not one too stir up the troops into a frenzy.Miss zimmer throwing a few fucks into them now and then.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 10, 2016, 03:36:20 PM »

oh and if you can get over 49.5 total points for the raiders game grab it..line can only go north

was an easy spot and the line went off at 51..65 points easy win nice double with johnson yards

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 10, 2016, 03:43:56 PM »

Looking at tmmr NFL .. It’s a very tough week to call in the NFL and I think we have already spotted the best two bets nice and early.. but.. Atlanta goes to Denver on a massive high smashing in points all over the place.. Trouble is it’s been against teams that cannot defend.. and I mean really bad defensive teams Tampa Bay, Raiders, New Orleans and the panthers who without Josh Norman in the secondary look a shadow of the defence of last year.. Step forward Denver’s ferocious pass rush and top tier secondary.. Matt Ryan Atlanta’s QB isn’t going to get the time to chuck the ball 40 yards down the field before getting smashed in the teeth by Von mIller and his crew.. look for Atlanta to go behind early as they too cannot defend and then chase desperately with Ryan putting the ball up for Denver’s secondary to feed on.. I like Denver -4.5 here...

Eagles at Detroit.. Wentz rookie QB for the Eagles is playing like a well oiled machine and has an array of weapons and have won their 3 games this season by +19..+15 and + 31.. add to that the number one defence in the league against a Lions offense that has no run game and very few top targets for Stafford to throw to now Megatron has retired.. They couldn’t even beat Tennessee at home last week who are one of the lowest scoring offences in the league..
Have to love eagles -3 here..singles and doubles gents

If you want to add in one for the treble... Houston to score under 17... They go to Minnesota who has the most fearsome defence in the league.. No team has scored more than 14 points against them all season and their new superdome stadium is as intimidating as they come.. Houston has no run game and one top receiving option in Hopkins... Look for the Vikings shutdown secondary to be all over him with Xavier Rhodes shadowing him like he did with Odell beckham junior last week

wow Atlanta Defence really outperformed themselves.. and denver o line along with  a nervy paxton lynch performed poorly... was seen as a bit of a shock... eagles decided to give Detroit a 14 point running start for some reason and almost got them..

vikings D just a wrecking ball

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 15, 2016, 01:40:14 AM »

Early doors in NFL are my current favourites the Oakland Raiders Total points line.

Raiders are fantastic in offense and dire in defence which creates a sublime paradox of potential shootouts against any opponent, of the 5 games so far this season only one of them has been under 55 points.. the exception being against Baltimore who have one of the most lacklustre offences in recent times and a defense that continues to be stingy in all departments.

This trend seems set to continue and I see no reason to oppose the over points market any time soon. Sunday brings the Kansas chiefs to Oakland… offensively they are no better than average but against this Raiders D.. 24 points + looks likely.. defensively they seem to have lost a step from recent years and gave up 43 last week to a rampant Pittsburgh.

Carr ( in the form of his short career ) and a balanced Raiders run ( even without Murray ) pass attack look set to pile in another 28+ score.. Carr can hit instantly from anywhere on the field to elite deep threats like Crabtree and Cooper.

Recommend over 46.5 Total Points

New Orleans host Carolina in the Superdome in a potential shootout.. although Carolina’s offense even with Newton at the helm has looked patchy at best.

Defensively Carolina seem a shadow of their former selves and now with two rookie corner backs and struggling to get to the QB they have the potential to get scorched by a top NFL QB. Drew Brees is that QB, the future hall of fame lock is a secondary’s nightmare.. he can shred you anytime anywhere and has the ability to keep a play alive even when the protection breaks down and when in the superdome with that crowd.. the danger is multiplied.Even without a running game Brees can still destroy a team.If this one turns into a Wild West shootout as many expect Brees is going to be firing bombs all day long.

So the generous line for New Orleans total points of over 24 is a must. At home Saints have only failed to score less than 26 points once in the last ten home games ( and put up 38 in this fixture last year when Carolina’s defense was one of the most feared )

We spoke already regarding the Raiders game and the line for the Raiders points is 22.5…??

Kansas defense numbers so far this season are a little misleading.. they restricted the Jets and the Texans in points.. you know those two powerhouse offenses ranked 24th and dead last respectively. You would kind of expect them to show up good against those.. so what happened when they came up against teams that can score.. San Diego put 27 past them in Kansas and the Steelers buried them for 43 last time out. Raiders offense is ranked top 5 and should be able to muster more than 22.5 against the deceptively 17th ranked Kansas Defense

Recommend

Sainta over 24 points

Raiders over 22.5 Points

Singles and a double on this line

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: October 15, 2016, 01:24:34 PM »

I like the team points double.

Justin Forsett is 7/1 on Skybet (12/5 on paddy) Theo Riddick is out. Washington is questionable i believe. Forsett may be their only option.

Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 16, 2016, 10:04:45 AM »

The dreaded @ Patriots week.Good luck today with your bets Sicilian and cavey,I've gone for an anytime touchdown patent of West,Jones and Bernard.Also thrown away £50 bengals 3/1 £50 bengals +13 winning margin 25/1 in hope of a bounce back game that's highly unlikely.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 16, 2016, 12:19:24 PM »

Ok.. my bet of the week.. was waiting for the line to see if the compilers were going to be lazy..and yes they are🙂

LeSean McCoy over 87.5 rushing yards…

The Bills are a run first offense and McCoy is in great form.. Bills have the 3rd best rush offense in the league avg 137 yards per game.. they come up against our old friends the 49’s who have the 2nd worst rush defense in the league averaging 146 yards to opposing runners and have lost their defense general linebacker Bowman for the season.

McCoy has run for 58,59,110,70 and 150 yards in each of his games.. but lets look closer.. the 58 and 59 totals game against the Ravens and Jets number 4 and 2 in rush defense..so a tough time would be expected he ran 110 v Arizona 23 rd rush defense 70 v New England 9th ranked and last week tore the Rams up for 150 who rank.. 28th in the league.

So not hard to figure out.. but the compilers have basically added up and divided by 5 and you get 89.4.. many lines are at 89.5..B365 currently 87.5.. so no account has been taken for the opposition etc..etc.. just average it up and bang a line out there..remember the 49’s last game against Johnson we had.. he ripped them for 157 yards.. McCoy in a run first offense v this rush D..should have 100 + ..

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 16, 2016, 12:22:49 PM »

The dreaded @ Patriots week.Good luck today with your bets Sicilian and cavey,I've gone for an anytime touchdown patent of West,Jones and Bernard.Also thrown away £50 bengals 3/1 £50 bengals +13 winning margin 25/1 in hope of a bounce back game that's highly unlikely.

good luck.. my anytime TD acca goes murray Tennessea..brown Steeleers..hyde frisco and nelson GB

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #432 on: October 16, 2016, 06:31:11 PM »

I've got a whole host of bets on my blog. Nap is Murray anytime at 10/11 on paddypower. Can't see that not landing 

I may be crazy. But I think 100/1 on Gurley and Zeke both to be o120yds rushing and a TD is over priced. GB have had a good rush defence. But it's been against crap. Zeke is one of the best in the league

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 16, 2016, 10:11:20 PM »

You score a touchdown to go 19-28 in the fourth quarter.

Do you:

a) Take the extra point, leave yourself 8 points behind so one score away.

b) Go for 2, meaning if you get it, you still need a touchdown and if you don't, you need two scores?

If you answered (a), you're never going to get a job in Cleveland but, good news, you're clinically sane.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: October 16, 2016, 10:27:46 PM »

They needed 2 at some point. Went for it then instead of the next score? I can see their thinking. I had Browns +7 so good for me either way :/

Need Cowboys +4 for a nice little 4 fold to land

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: