blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:41:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 2017-18 season
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017-18 season  (Read 198094 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2016, 03:36:33 PM »

thought i would kick this off ahead of the draft and with free agency in full swing

this was announced today

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:29:00 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 03:44:30 PM »

Looking forward to Rams hard knocks - should be quality!

Not so pleased with hearing that the kickoff returns will now start from the 25 yard line though! Sad
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 04:43:56 PM »

Oakland to make the playoffs this year.

Let's just get that in on page 1.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 05:33:35 PM »

Cannot Wait.!!!!!!!!

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 01:07:00 AM »

Not so pleased with hearing that the kickoff returns will now start from the 25 yard line though! Sad

Agree. Hazard a guess it's designed to reduce the run backs and associated injuries that have been very prevalent past couple of years.
As a Bears fan, free agency bee very good for us imo.

Tickets for Wembley & Twickenham purchased at start of year
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 07:39:54 AM »

I've bumped the Fantasy League thread to coincide with this.  If anyone fancies giving it a go for the first time, then post a message on that thread please.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=54617.0

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 02:36:53 PM »

Agree. Hazard a guess it's designed to reduce the run backs and associated injuries that have been very prevalent past couple of years.

It's designed to do that, but will it?

If I was Special Teams coach, I'd now want all my kickoffs to land inside the 5 so that the touchback isn't an option unless the return team lets the ball bounce, which obviously means a risk of it not bouncing into the end zone. Probably get better average field position that way, plus the opportunity to force a fumble on the return. I'd also be going for an onside kick any time there's a 15 yard penalty enforced on the kickoff, because the difference in average field position between a failed onside kick and a touchback is maybe 10-12 yards now. If coaches use their brains, it should actually mean LESS touchbacks, and more onside kicks.

Knowing how risk averse NFL coaches are though, absolutely nothing will change. Just means more tilt at game theory fails for me watching games next year.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 02:38:28 PM by Evilpengwinz » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 07:44:35 PM »

My eyes are open wide
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 08:19:45 PM »

Down at Wembley for Colts v Jags, which just so happens to fall on the day of my birthday. Thats not going to be messy at all.
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 10:27:44 AM »

If they want to eliminate injuries on kick returns then they may as well just stsrt at the 25 instead of going for half measures, shame as a fan i enjoy kick returns.

Have got tickets for the Bengals match at wembley in October, cant wait! Even though they only have one WR, will be an interesting and vital draft for them, hooefully be taking one of the top WR kids although have also seen some thinking theyll take offensive line. Bengals never do much in free agency so not too fussed about the lack of signings so far.

Still 30odd days till the drsft and im already looking forward to the season!

Unfortunately i think the Steelers may reach the showpiece this year, especially if Lev Bell stays fit.

Texans have signed well although i think Brock is a risk, Jags again have signed well although Ivory being there has ruined him and Yeldon for fantasy. Shoukd be an interesting season

Definitely want to get in the fantasy league on here this year too.

Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 10:55:57 AM »

If they want to eliminate injuries on kick returns then they may as well just stsrt at the 25 instead of going for half measures, shame as a fan i enjoy kick returns.

Have got tickets for the Bengals match at wembley in October, cant wait! Even though they only have one WR, will be an interesting and vital draft for them, hooefully be taking one of the top WR kids although have also seen some thinking theyll take offensive line. Bengals never do much in free agency so not too fussed about the lack of signings so far.

Still 30odd days till the drsft and im already looking forward to the season!

Unfortunately i think the Steelers may reach the showpiece this year, especially if Lev Bell stays fit.

Texans have signed well although i think Brock is a risk, Jags again have signed well although Ivory being there has ruined him and Yeldon for fantasy. Shoukd be an interesting season

Definitely want to get in the fantasy league on here this year too.
If lafell and dansby sign this week I expect bengals go b.p.a first 2 rounds then look at need 3-7.Think a lot of u d f a get a shot at wr in camp this year with Alford and kumerow (burkhead in the slot?)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 07:01:20 PM »

Quickfire question for you: with the first overall pick, the Tennessee Titans will:

A) Draft the superb, Seahawks-esque Cornerback Jalen Ramsey
B) Draft the monstrous Offensive Tackle Laremy Tunsil to protect its franchise Quarterback
C) Trade down to a team desperate for one of the above and take the best available.

Short of a really great offer (Washington, this is usually where you come in), B seems like a no-brainer to me. They drafted a tackle last season who can switch to the right. They've brought in a good running back and have a division that will be bolstering its defenses. Tunsil looks every bit an NFL starter.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 07:07:32 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 07:24:41 PM »

Quickfire question for you: with the first overall pick, the Tennessee Titans will:

A) Draft the superb, Seahawks-esque Cornerback Jalen Ramsey
B) Draft the monstrous Offensive Tackle Laremy Tunsil to protect its franchise Quarterback
C) Trade down to a team desperate for one of the above and take the best available.

Short of a really great offer (Washington, this is usually where you come in), B seems like a no-brainer to me. They drafted a tackle last season who can switch to the right. They've brought in a good running back and have a division that will be bolstering its defenses. Tunsil looks every bit an NFL starter.

b probably, Ramsey looks to go 2 or 3. couple of quarterbacks in the top ten too. 49ers might be trading into top 5 for one of them

i saw a comparison to ramsey as charles woodson. that would be some career. don't think you can go wrong with tunsil or ramsey but keeping mariota upright probably wins out

only a month away

My eyes are open wide
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 07:34:51 PM »

As a fledgling fan is there anywhere to see a summary of the free agency moves ahead of the draft?  Or someone willing to post the key moves so far would be great.  Cheers!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 07:37:43 PM »

As a fledgling fan is there anywhere to see a summary of the free agency moves ahead of the draft?  Or someone willing to post the key moves so far would be great.  Cheers!

biggest deals at top

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

My eyes are open wide
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: