blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:37:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  THE US Masters Tipster Competition 2016
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE US Masters Tipster Competition 2016  (Read 30070 times)
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« on: March 31, 2016, 07:15:53 AM »

Selections spreadsheet:
http://bit.ly/22rkUuI

Prices spreadsheet:
http://bit.ly/1RZg1Op

I am pleased to announce this year's Blonde US Masters Tipster Competition.

The rules are as follows:

1. Entry is open to everyone upon payment of a £25 (or £10) entry fee to me. I will PM my bank details to everyone who expresses even a remote interest. Payment must be received by me before 10am on Thursday 7th April. If you are interested, please indicate below or PM me.
There will be two pools for this event. One costing £10 and one costing £15. It will not be possible to enter the £15 pool on its own. The same selections will be entered in both pools. The object for this is to try to encourage more people to take part.
If you wish to take part for free, please do so as it will add to the fun. However, note that you will not be eligible for any of the prizes.

2. Each entrant will pick one selection in each of the categories below. The selection must either be for a £2 win or a £1 each-way bet. Winnings will be settled on the basis of the prices that I will post in the spreadsheet above by midnight on Tuesday. These prices will be taken from SkyBet or other sites if these markets are not available on SkyBet.
If your selection withdraws before the competition starts, he will be replaced with a "win only" bet on the favourite for that category.

The categories are:

Top US player
Top Great Britain and Ireland player
Top Continental Europe player
Top Australian player
Top Asian player
Top South African player
Top Debutant
Top Senior player
Top Amateur player

3. The organiser reserves the right to substitute other markets if prices for these markets are not available on Tuesday.

4. The place component of an each-way bet will be decided using a fraction of the full odds for a win (as specified by the bookies). The number of places paid in each market and the appropriate fraction will be determined by me when I post the lists on Tuesday and know how many runners there are in each market. Note that the emboldened part is a change in the rules from previous years where I have used a blanket quarter of the full odds for all markets. I hope that it is clear; if not, I will be happy to elaborate.

5. I will be using http://www.masters.com/ for the purpose of deciding the result of each market.
Where golfers achieve an equal score (with the exception of a player who wins the event in a play-off), I will apply dead heat rules.
A player does not have to make the cut to score points. The relative placings of any players who fail to make the cut will be based on their score after two rounds. Any player who makes the cut will place higher than one who does not.

6. Entries must be sent to me via PM by 10am on Thursday 7th April. I will then make everyone's selections available via the spreadsheet to which I have provided a link at the top of this post.

7. The winner will be the person who makes most profit (or least loss) over the course of the tournament. Where two (or more) people achieve the same score, I will apply dead heat rules to split the prize money evenly. There will be no tie-break conditions.

8. Each person may enter the competition up to 2 times at a cost of £25 (or £10) per entry.

9. My decision is final in all matters (until proven otherwise).

Payouts will be as follows:

1-10 entrants
1st 100%

11-20 entrants
1st 75%
2nd 25%

21-30 entrants
1st  60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

>30 entrants
tba

Final prize allocations will be posted at midday on 7th April.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 07:16:25 AM »

The categories that you need to make a selection from are as follows:

Category                                     Runners                  Places Paid              Fraction of full odds for place
Top US player                                    40                             4                               1/4                     
Top Great Britain and Ireland               16                             3                               1/5
Top Continental Europe                       10                             3                                1/5
Top Australian player                          5                               2                                 1/4
Top Asian player                                 6                               2                                1/4
Top South African player                      5                               2                               1/4
Top Debutant                                    20                               4                               1/5
Top senior player                               8                                2                                1/3
Top amateur                                      6                               2                                1/4

The "fraction of full odds for place" is taken from the SkyBet offering except in one case where they are not currently offering a place market and I have used my skill and judgement.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 07:30:15 AM by MereNovice » Logged

MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 07:18:16 AM »

For anyone who wants to see how the competition works, here is last year's thread:

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=65269.0

It was a very close run thing with lots of lead change last year. Let's hope for something similar this year.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 07:59:46 AM »

For anyone who wants to see how the competition works, here is last year's thread:

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=65269.0

It was a very close run thing with lots of lead change last year. Let's hope for something similar this year.

The Cream always rises, as per last year!

In

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 08:24:44 AM »

In.

After coming close last year, I've got a new set of bats and I've decided not to play the par 3 event, in order to focus my attention on this.

Let's golf!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 08:35:31 AM »

Thanks Vince, & after oh-so nearly winning this last year, the bookies have marked me up as the early favourite. As we know, the market is never wrong.

IN

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 08:44:37 AM »

in!
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 10:31:04 AM »

In

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 10:54:13 AM »

It would be rude not to.

In.

And shipped.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 10:59:08 AM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 11:11:17 AM »

in please

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 11:21:47 AM »

In
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 11:50:23 AM »

Go on then..
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 12:55:25 PM »

In

Feed em rice.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2016, 01:15:45 PM »

Just sent £25 Mere, with usually reference of wcup hplayer.

Thanks for running as ever Vince top man
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 01:18:52 PM »

Just sent £25 Mere, with usually reference of wcup hplayer.

Thanks for running as ever Vince top man

You're welcome.
£25 received with thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: