blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:37:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Transition from UK Poker Pro to Letting Agency
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Transition from UK Poker Pro to Letting Agency  (Read 16748 times)
Goosey82

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 07:02:28 PM »

Should be interesting.

I'll get the important questions out the way.

Celtic or Rangers?

What do you have at nandos?

Sorry mate I was at the game and very happy with result! Like a hot half chicken and chip 😌
Goosey82

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 07:06:35 PM »

Goosey and Well Chief were very much 2 of the better 2.5/5, 5/10 6 max players back in the day.  Wish I'd realised who Well Chief was when he was running deep in the WSOP. 

My favourite player back then was Tattoo.  I won twice as much from him than I did from anyone else.  I don't think I ever played ymerch.  Must have moved on to MTTS by then?  I did have one nemesis back then.  I can't remember his name, but he was Italian and just ran golden against me.  Never missed a river.  My poker tracker had him losing tens of thousands vs everyone else at the table, but he was well up vs me when he disappeared. 

Good luck to you

Thanks Doobs, I remember you too played loads together you still play? I actually met Tatooo at Ayr races he is a bookie and he cleaned me out for once that day. Player you thinking of GUIDOCH OR Roma?

Wellchief was always better than me, played higher too, we never sat at same tables as good pals. His main event run this year was so sick, if I was still playing I would of defo had a piece hahah!
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 10:18:52 PM »

Unsubscribed Sad

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2016, 12:23:25 AM »

Unsubscribed Sad

Not a Whitehill Welfare fan then?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2016, 01:48:11 AM »

Goosey and Well Chief were very much 2 of the better 2.5/5, 5/10 6 max players back in the day.  Wish I'd realised who Well Chief was when he was running deep in the WSOP. 

My favourite player back then was Tattoo.  I won twice as much from him than I did from anyone else.  I don't think I ever played ymerch.  Must have moved on to MTTS by then?  I did have one nemesis back then.  I can't remember his name, but he was Italian and just ran golden against me.  Never missed a river.  My poker tracker had him losing tens of thousands vs everyone else at the table, but he was well up vs me when he disappeared. 

Good luck to you

Thanks Doobs, I remember you too played loads together you still play? I actually met Tatooo at Ayr races he is a bookie and he cleaned me out for once that day. Player you thinking of GUIDOCH OR Roma?

Wellchief was always better than me, played higher too, we never sat at same tables as good pals. His main event run this year was so sick, if I was still playing I would of defo had a piece hahah!

What was his bookie name just out of interest at Ayr?  I have just spent a weekend in Scotland ironing out on course bookies (at Ayr and other courses) and would love to know his bookie name in the betting ring if you can remember it.  There are some proper old school donk bookies at Scottish tracks still pretending they have an edge when they don't like most winning poker players from 10 years still do.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2016, 12:34:14 PM »

I just wrote a business plan for a letting agency company, will link it in here once it's fully done and see what you think.

Subscribed!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2016, 03:42:35 PM »

Quite interesting in following this as i try to branch out into other revenue streams aswell. As someone who is potentially looking into getting a buy to let it seems tricky if you are a poker player. I have bought my own flat outright with no mortgage, but as far as I'm aware I'm unable to get a mortgage even if i put say a 40% deposit down on a buy to let. Am i right in thinking this? if so is there anyway around it?

@whollyflush on twitter
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2016, 04:19:56 PM »

Good luck to you

I am pretty sure I was up against GUIDOCH.  I think it was kamikaze who kept beating me.  He used to break the rule where you should always assume the opposite applies for a player name.  He'd check shove for 4 x the pot wth 3rd pair vs everyone else and always seemed to have a set when he did it vs me; and even when he didn't he'd have it by the river.  I'd think he was an evil genius if he didn't consistently spew vs everyone else.

I more or less quit cash when Betfair moved to Ongame.  I was a better full ring player than 6 max, and 6 max had become way more popular.  Even though I was up at 6 max, I felt I was often clicking buttons and was never as comfortable.  I asked for the formula for the essence system and never got an answer, and guess that was the end of it.  I moved back to MTTs and had quite a bit of success, so never went back to cash.  It was probably a big mistake.

I play a lot more plo8/nlo8 than hold em now.  I prefer the game and even play the odd bit of cash.  I don't really enjoy hold em anymore and am not even sure I am profitable at it on the likes of Stars.  I'd much rather to be relying on work for money now, as even when I win I am not really making enough anymore.  Still doesn't stop me playing too much/too big.  I will be in Vegas again this summer, but very much going for the 1.5k and 3k plo8 tournaments.  Any hold em I play will be smaller.  I am not sure how many trips to vegas I have left. I have thought about going for the Seniors which comes soon and maybe when the kids get older, I'll play the main again for old times sake.

Evil PIe, did you really mean you were going to get £5k a month from your buy to let at retirement.  It seems very optimistic.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2016, 06:23:52 PM »

Think he meant multi properties bring in 5k+ once he has retired and all the mortgages are clear.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Goosey82

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2016, 10:47:09 PM »

Quite interesting in following this as i try to branch out into other revenue streams aswell. As someone who is potentially looking into getting a buy to let it seems tricky if you are a poker player. I have bought my own flat outright with no mortgage, but as far as I'm aware I'm unable to get a mortgage even if i put say a 40% deposit down on a buy to let. Am i right in thinking this? if so is there anyway around it?

Yes, you won't get a BTL mortgage as a poker player no matter what the size of your deposit. All of my houses are in a joint name with my wife who has a job so the in affordability is based off her earnings. It wasn't always like this my first ever mortgage I was able to self certify my earnings as a pro poker player! Lending criteria has changed a lot since then. hope this helps.
Goosey82

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2016, 10:49:04 PM »

I just wrote a business plan for a letting agency company, will link it in here once it's fully done and see what you think.

Subscribed!

Interesting Pleno....what's your background? Do you have experience in property? I take it you are full time poker player?
Goosey82

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2016, 10:50:10 PM »

Arboy- name was Bert Logan
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2016, 01:05:23 AM »

Yes, you won't get a BTL mortgage as a poker player no matter what the size of your deposit. All of my houses are in a joint name with my wife who has a job so the in affordability is based off her earnings. It wasn't always like this my first ever mortgage I was able to self certify my earnings as a pro poker player! Lending criteria has changed a lot since then. hope this helps.

yeh this all makes sense unfortunately, thank you

@whollyflush on twitter
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2016, 02:14:32 AM »

Subscribed!

Interesting Pleno....what's your background? Do you have experience in property? I take it you are full time poker player?

Hey buddy, I actually just posted it on my blog (also in this section) if you get time would be cool to get some feedback.

Yes I was a full time poker player, trying to delve more into entrepreneurship as of late though. I live in Budapest (where the business would be located)

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Goosey82

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2016, 04:39:16 PM »

[/quote]

Hey buddy, I actually just posted it on my blog (also in this section) if you get time would be cool to get some feedback.

Yes I was a full time poker player, trying to delve more into entrepreneurship as of late though. I live in Budapest (where the business would be located)
[/quote]

Hi Pleno, I had a good read of your business plan. Congrats to you for thinking about it and I hope it works for you.  It certainly is an interesting concept.  My thoughts/advice would be to take it slow, instead of hiring staff and an office start it from your home office and keep the costs and expenses down, this way your overheads are basically 0 and you can go out and do all the networking/meetings/show anyone who will listen your business plan and service you will offer.  As long as you manage the properties well for your clients they dont care how big you are or how flashy your office is.  In fact most landlords actually prefer just having one person to speak to directly and is accountable for them.  After you start to builld you portfolio then you add staff.  I dont want to be negative either but 1 property per week to take on seems really high to me for a start up company.  I know letting agents in Glasgow with 1000s of managed flats are targeted on 1 property per week.

Hope this helps...........Go get it!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: