blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:55:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England Cricket chat
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England Cricket chat  (Read 170219 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: December 15, 2017, 10:38:23 AM »

1st innings in the 3 Tests so far:

Smith: 273 for 1.
Root & Cook: 90 for 6.

He really is incredibly talented. Such a simple and great technique that sometimes gets masked by all the fidgeting and faffing.

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 15, 2017, 10:51:37 AM »

He's a joy to watch. This morning he was accumulating runs at a fair old clip, but never once looked like getting out.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 16, 2017, 08:03:15 AM »

Aftertiming Alert

I backed england to win the 1st Test.

I backed England to win the 2nd Test.

I forgot to place a bet on England to win the Third Test.

King Bok strikes again.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 16, 2017, 08:07:00 AM »

We could be looking at 600 or more here.

What a delight it is to watch Smith fidgeting, fiddling and faffing with all his little mannerisms and tics, and totally imperious. Congrats to him on a chance free double century. Broad and Anderson are both 0 for plenty.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 16, 2017, 09:46:28 AM »

that went well

Marsh 179*. The 3rd highest score by any no.6 batsman against England, and highest since Bradman's 234 at SCG in 1946-47.

Smith 220*. The highest by an Australian no.4 v England since Cowper's 307 at MCG in 1965-66.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 16, 2017, 10:08:10 AM »

Smith champs Moeen Ali (and Root, I guess) post-play: “I thought Dawid Malan was the pick of the spinners”

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 17, 2017, 08:44:15 AM »

The stark contrast between the England and Australia bowling attacks

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2017/12/16/ashes-extras-stark-contrast-australia-england-bowling-attacks/

not quick enough and moving it less

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 17, 2017, 01:18:55 PM »

Vic Marks in The Guardian: "From the depths of 561-7 Australia were able to declare on 662-9."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 18, 2017, 08:35:54 AM »

Trevor Bayliss reveals England losing the Ashes after three Tests “wasn’t part of the plan”.

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 18, 2017, 08:40:46 AM »

Trevor Bayliss reveals England losing the Ashes after three Tests “wasn’t part of the plan”.

Get away?

Pretty spectacular stuff. Scored 400+ in the first innings, & lost by an innings. That can't have happened very often.

8th consecutive defeat to the Aussies over there, too, & the Double Whitewash is a real possibility now.

I guess our boys did their best, but I do feel a bit let down, having got up at 3am or whatever every day to see our lads.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 18, 2017, 08:46:04 AM »

Four or five of the senior players haven't performed. Cook, broad, moeen notably. No shot without them contributing

My eyes are open wide
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 18, 2017, 09:18:13 AM »

Get away?

Pretty spectacular stuff. Scored 400+ in the first innings, & lost by an innings. That can't have happened very often.

8th consecutive defeat to the Aussies over there, too, & the Double Whitewash is a real possibility now.

I guess our boys did their best, but I do feel a bit let down, having got up at 3am or whatever every day to see our lads.

Scoring 400+ and losing by an innings, think we've managed it 2 times in the last 13-14 months

Twice in India? The Karun Nair 300 game was definitely one. Then again here

We can't, and won't, take 20 wickets in a game on these tracks so we'e pretty much doomed.

We now go into panic stations :

Let's replace Cook ... have no other opener in the squad. Reserve batsman is Ballance! He was a worry at 3, how we're now meant to chuck him in at the top of the order is madness.

Let's replace Moeen ... have no other all-rounder, and the reserve spinner couldn't be risked against the Windies. Think we have to do it anyway, but Woakes up to 7 makes me feel a bit queasy and we could ruin Crane before he's even started.

Let's replace Broad ... on figures this tour that would be fair, but if Wood isn't fit then it's bringing back the likes of Jake Ball?

etc etc

Curran for the injured Overton would make sense. In white ball cricket he looks to have something about him, went well in the tour games, will bring a bit of energy and looks to have the right character for it. Other than that, you're moving deckchairs on the Titanic
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 18, 2017, 09:31:07 AM »

Don't see how this is any different to how any other side fares when abroad. Just wait for the summer and this team will be smashing all comers, just how cricket seems to work at the moment.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 18, 2017, 10:58:36 AM »

ball of the century or hit a crack?

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 18, 2017, 11:03:31 AM »

All pretty predictable stuff - had to watch highlights of 2010/11 to make myself feel better.

Australia now pipping us by one series all time but much further ahead in matches. When we win a home series it's usually some kind of contest. When they win their home series it's usually pretty one sided.

Bowling was pretty much as you'd expect. Disappointing to not see Root and Cook do better as Stoneman, Vince, Malan have all given a reasonable account of themselves in a difficult place to tour

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: