blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:46:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England Cricket chat
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England Cricket chat  (Read 170196 times)
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: August 01, 2018, 09:52:58 AM »

Test cricket would appear to be in a really fragile state given the advanced ticket sales for the England vs India series  Sad
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 01, 2018, 10:38:15 AM »

Test cricket would appear to be in a really fragile state given the advanced ticket sales for the England vs India series  Sad

I’ve been to 2 T20 games recently and doing another one on Friday, I only have so much time to watch cricket so something needs to give, I guess many feel the same as me.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 02, 2018, 01:34:04 AM »

General ballot for World Cup next year opened yesterday for anyone interested....
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 04, 2018, 12:34:16 PM »

Indian test cricket in crisis

yessssssssssssssssssssss
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 04, 2018, 08:01:11 PM »

Thats the first tight test match i can remember us winning for a while.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 12, 2018, 11:36:01 AM »

Ok, so you're Ed Smith for the day.

Let's say Stokes doesn't get a prison sentence (either because he's found not guilty or because he gets a community order).

Trent Bridge next. The Duke ball loves to wobble around there, traditionally. You also have Kuldeep's dominance of England in the ODI there a few weeks ago to tell you a spinner is obligatory.

Rashid gets that spot.

Jimmy and Broad are certainties.

Woakes has wickets and a 137 so can't easily be moved aside.

Curran has looked handy as a left handed bowler, finding different angles and a lovely full length to get the maximum movement. Hard to see how he doesn't get a lot of lateral movement if there's even a little cloud in Nottingham. He's also been good with the bat.

We have the best bottom half in the world but seemingly inconquerable frailties in the top half.

They can't all play. Who heads back to their county for the week?

Or are you asking Woakes to open..?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 11:37:38 AM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 12, 2018, 11:40:13 AM »

Let's say Stokes doesn't get a prison sentence (either because he's found not guilty or because he gets a community order).

Trent Bridge next. The Duke ball loves to wobble around there, traditionally. You also have Kuldeep's dominance of England in the ODI there a few weeks ago to tell you a spinner is obligatory.

Rashid gets that spot.

Curran has looked handy as a left handed bowler, finding different angles and a lovely full length to get the maximum movement. Hard to see how he doesn't get a lot of lateral movement if there's even a little cloud in Nottingham. He's also been good with the bat.

We have the best bottom half in the world but seemingly inconquerable frailties in the top half.

Tough one if we're assuming Buttler is undroppable as vice-captain, otherwise I'd suggest him.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 12, 2018, 11:46:42 AM »

Rashid gets that spot.

Tough one if we're assuming Buttler is undroppable as vice-captain, otherwise I'd suggest him.

I think we have to assume he stays in, yes.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 12, 2018, 11:59:02 AM »

Stokes certainly returns.

Personally, I think England are better balanced with the left armer in. I think it is time for a bold decision.......... Broad looks fairly ineffective and has certainly lost a yard of pace so it would be him to miss out for me.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 12, 2018, 12:15:08 PM »

Personally, I think England are better balanced with the left armer in. I think it is time for a bold decision.......... Broad looks fairly ineffective and has certainly lost a yard of pace so it would be him to miss out for me.

There's bold and there's dropping Broad at Trent Bridge!

I definitely think there's value in rotating Broad and Jimmy a bit over the next year or so, in preparation for the Ashes and with a view to life after them both. We have a few bowlers on the fringe who will need to get experience and there's no reason why we can't manage our two most experienced players a little in Sri Lanka and against Ireland.

There has to be a need to find a 90mph bowler over the next 2-3 years, too. Ollie Stone at Warks might be one. Can't see them getting a chance without there being some management of the bowling lineup.

HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 12, 2018, 12:18:00 PM »

There's bold and there's dropping Broad at Trent Bridge!

I definitely think there's value in rotating Broad and Jimmy a bit over the next year or so, in preparation for the Ashes and with a view to life after them both. We have a few bowlers on the fringe who will need to get experience and there's no reason why we can't manage our two most experienced players a little in Sri Lanka and against Ireland.

There has to be a need to find a 90mph bowler over the next 2-3 years, too. Ollie Stone at Warks might be one. Can't see them getting a chance without there being some management of the bowling lineup.

We have a nicely developing leg spinner at Lancs as well in Parkinson. Hopefully they don't do a 'Kerrigan' on him and ruin him before he starts.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 12, 2018, 12:23:37 PM »

look out for Amar Virdi at surrey.

proper twirly off spinner, all guile and flight in the England lions set up. Highest wicket taking english spinner this season in 4 day cricket, on early season pitches too

not fit enough yet, needs to strengthen up, but could be taken to sri lanka this winter

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 12, 2018, 02:25:19 PM »

Broad would be my pick to drop too. Ineffective in most games and offers nothing with the bat any more
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 12, 2018, 04:17:54 PM »

we aint doing to bad as it is

broad anderson knockers gone quiet
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 14, 2018, 11:28:16 AM »

Are bowling attack is fine when the balls moves but we need some proper quick bowling especially when we go abroad,will be a tough winter for the pacemen in the winter with the lifeless surfaces in Sri Lanka and the West Indies no wonder quick has died there with the lifeless surfaces they produce their now
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: