blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:55:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England Cricket chat
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England Cricket chat  (Read 170324 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: September 16, 2018, 11:02:14 AM »

Well that did not go quite to plan, after a farcical run out early doors (batsman was a yard in but failed to ground either his bat or a foot) Sussex runs came up a tad short.

Then, with the game in the balance with 2 over left, WASP calling it 50% - 50%, Worcs somehow managed 12 runs off.....ONE ball. Think it was a no-ball from which a 4 was hit, with a Free Hit awarded which got despatched into Tier Z. Not sure I've ever seen 12 off 1 ball before.

Anyway, that was that, so Sussex finished as losing finalists. The EW return ensured a nice profit, so no complaints at all.

I shall now devote my energy to bokking Warwickshire to win the CC Div 2.   

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 16, 2018, 11:04:16 AM »

Well that did not go quite to plan, after a farcical run out early doors (batsman was a yard in but failed to ground either his bat or a foot) Sussex runs came up a tad short.

Then, with the game in the balance with 2 over left, WASP calling it 50% - 50%, Worcs somehow managed 12 runs off.....ONE ball. Think it was a no-ball from which a 4 was hit, with a Free Hit awarded which got despatched into Tier Z. Not sure I've ever seen 12 off 1 ball before.

Anyway, that was that, so Sussex finished as losing finalists. The EW return ensured a nice profit, so no complaints at all.

I shall now devote my energy to bokking Warwickshire to win the CC Div 2.   

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

Well I'm on Warwickshire at a nice price, so I hope not. I do have form though.

How are you feeling today, Tal? Got over yesterday yet?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 16, 2018, 08:34:01 PM »

i was at the finals yesterday in the 'party' stand. Shoe bombing, people being carried out by stewards, a vomitorium out back. Great fun though tbf

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 17, 2018, 09:30:26 AM »

i was at the finals yesterday in the 'party' stand. Shoe bombing, people being carried out by stewards, a vomitorium out back. Great fun though tbf

I would not have wanted to be there, but have to say, the sight of everyone really enjoying themselves, & seemingly a third or more of them in fancy dress, cheered me up no end. Looked to be very little bad blood, just folks having fun.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 17, 2018, 05:57:22 PM »

I would not have wanted to be there, but have to say, the sight of everyone really enjoying themselves, & seemingly a third or more of them in fancy dress, cheered me up no end. Looked to be very little bad blood, just folks having fun.

Yep. Had a smile on my face all day. It was quite a high bar to get ejected and really.liked the.light touch stewarding / policing in this area. Pretty smart to get all the people who wanted to have an experience like this in one place and let others enjoy a slighly less boisterous experience. Light touch worked because it was always fun and never felt intimidating. Was interesting compared to a footie crowd. On the rare occasion someone got ejected, the rest of the crowd would sing in support of the stewarding rather than try and start a mass brawl.

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 17, 2018, 06:09:47 PM »

Yep. Had a smile on my face all day. It was quite a high bar to get ejected and really.liked the.light touch stewarding / policing in this area. Pretty smart to get all the people who wanted to have an experience like this in one place and let others enjoy a slighly less boisterous experience. Light touch worked because it was always fun and never felt intimidating. Was interesting compared to a footie crowd. On the rare occasion someone got ejected, the rest of the crowd would sing in support of the stewarding rather than try and start a mass brawl.

Lovely to read, & I especially agree with the emboldened part.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 06, 2018, 06:08:47 PM »

This must be pretty unusual at Test level - an ambidextrous spinner.

Bill Frindle would be scratching his head at that one.

Anyone know other examples at Test level?

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.

Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 06, 2018, 08:39:38 AM »

Thoughts on Foakes starting. I thought Root had said Butler would keep If Bairstow couldn’t play.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 06, 2018, 11:39:47 AM »

pretty happy!

been the best wicket keeper in domestic cricket for several years, top six batsman in his own right and been blocked by Bairstow from the test team. nice selection problem to have now.

If only our top 3 could perform like numbers 6-8 in the order, we would be a decent team!

we don't have a number 3, or two openers. Yet

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 17, 2018, 10:09:17 AM »

Great test match.

No idea what they do with the side for the first ashes test next summer?

Bairstow open and Jennings misses out?

Assuming they rest a couple for the West Indies what would your ashes starting 11/ best test side be?

Burns
Jennings/ Bairstow
Stokes
Root
Buttler
Moeen
Foakes
Curran
Broad
Leach
Anderson

I like leach. Seems difficult to get woakes in but no idea what they’ll do

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 17, 2018, 12:47:55 PM »

Great test match.

No idea what they do with the side for the first ashes test next summer?

Bairstow open and Jennings misses out?

Assuming they rest a couple for the West Indies what would your ashes starting 11/ best test side be?

Burns
Jennings/ Bairstow
Stokes
Root
Buttler
Moeen
Foakes
Curran
Broad
Leach
Anderson

I like leach. Seems difficult to get woakes in but no idea what they’ll do

Dont think we need 2 spinners in at home, i personally drop Ali for Bairstow. He hasnt been that impressive this game, and I personally think he flatters to deceive a lot of the time. Rather have Leach in to offer us control, and replace Mo's batting with Bairstow, which is a huge upgrade.

Burns
Jennings
Buttler
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Foakes
Curren
Broad
Leach
Anderson
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 17, 2018, 01:51:01 PM »

Surely a fit Woakes has to start.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 17, 2018, 02:02:58 PM »

Surely a fit Woakes has to start.

I’d be inclined to agree. But instead of who?

I’d have said it’s 2 slots for Curran Stokes and Woakes. On current form Stokes gets dropped over Curran but that won’t happen. Can they fit all 3 in?  We don’t need 5 seamers

fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 17, 2018, 03:21:26 PM »

Drop Broad for Woakes?

I wont make the cynical point of it only being for 1 game as Woakes will be injured again thereafter....
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 17, 2018, 03:44:17 PM »

Drop Broad for Woakes?

I wont make the cynical point of it only being for 1 game as Woakes will be injured again thereafter....

No way Broad has been back to his best in the last year. Think he averages 26 with the ball in the last 18 months or something. Plus a home ashes series you’d want him in the side

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: