blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:03:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  GPPT
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GPPT  (Read 2405 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2016, 12:17:23 PM »

This was such a great event with many interesting hands played. Commercially not to sure how it stacks up, my friend was saying there was $100,000 of overlay.

If anyone gets the chance to play/ support these events I could not recommend it highly enough.

Here are a couple of hands from that event, in hand one I was totally perplexed and for once didn't know what to do preflop.

We have been at the same table all day, villain in the hand is in his mid 40s is loving the event and doesn't play a massive amount of poker.

He likes to limp low pocket pairs from any position, indeed he likes to limp quite a bit. He has had to fold numerous times when folk have jammed over his limps and has shown like 44 33 etc.

He has been at the table for maybe 3 orbits.

HAnd 1 *Late on in day 1*

I am in the BB with JJ playing approx. 30bb, this is late on in day 1, Villian is UTG and makes it just under a 4 x raise?! It is the first time we have seen him raise.

Everyone else had folded before I checked my cards knowing I have a v easy decision most of the time. In the end I called, I felt it was the best of the 3 options.

Hand 2 **2nd level of day 1, early doors**

We have Jacks again, in earlyish position and open 3x.

The player to our left calls, everyone else folds. The player thinks we have been extremely active and v aggressive.

Flop was 1032 offsuit, amazing flop, we make our standard sizing continuation bet Villian calls.

Turn was an 8, all rb no flushdraw. We bet again our normal sizing, it was about 1.3k and villain re raised to 4k.

This was very early doors in the tournament you started wit 20k chips and we were on 18.5ish k. I made my decision very quickly here.

What would you do facing this raise ott, on such a dry board? 

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 12:20:22 PM »

What is villain's stack in hand 1?
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 12:31:00 PM »

Hand one is does depend a fair bit on villains stack, hand 2 is just a fold imo.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 12:35:25 PM »

Hand 1, we have the villian covered just.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 01:45:58 AM »

Hand one is does depend a fair bit on villains stack, hand 2 is just a fold imo.

Hand 2 is unfortunately a fold. Over the next couple of hours he barely played a hand, and this was the only time I seen him raising a bet.

It is interesting if he should have a raising range OTT in this specific hand, especially being IP. I would say not, it's totally unbalanced (which of course isn't going to matter greatly in an event like this) but potentially misses out on some value.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 01:54:01 AM by shipitgood » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: