blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:00:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272596 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Missing value?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Missing value?  (Read 3391 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2016, 01:02:33 AM »

5 handed NLHE £0.50/1 cash game online. Been a while since I played online and I'm quickly remembering it's not easy to play PLO, PLO8 and NLH tables in quick succession. Especially when you're not good at any of them. Anyway, to business...

Hero £85
Villain £112

UTG Folds
We make it £3 with
Villain ups it to £10.50
Fold
Fold

We call.

Flop

We check
Villain £16.88
We call

Turn  

Check
Check

River

Check
Check

We win against .

On reflection, should I read his check behind on the turn as meaning he doesn't have a hand like AK/AJ and that I should therefore be betting the river?

I had checked to call but am wondering now whether I should have been trying to get him to call me, in a situation where he isn't likely to be betting on the end.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:04:43 AM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 01:17:53 AM »

I would probably ship otf, we give ourselves a wide perceived range and make it really easy to play. I don't think villain would 3b and lead paired hands like TT or less on this texture. So there shouldn't be any reason to not raise.
 Villain should also find a call enough of the time with worse.
The check on the turn definitely shows big signs that villain doesn't have AJ/AK.

River would be nice to lead £11~

To win at poker is to not have to play
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 02:22:20 AM »

Not the fun option of course but if looking to play optimally we should fold pre. KJ is often dominated by people's ranges in 3b pots (especially on nitty sites like sky) and of course playing out of position without the initiative is always difficult to play profitably.   

Would jam the flop now with what we've got left.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 12:08:08 PM »

I agree that I think we should fold pre to the 3b, hand just plays very poorly vs a standard 3b range in this spot imo.

As played, would be shoving flop, villain is going to find it hard to fold anything that's anything and we can (in villain's mind) have all the draws and not too many of the made hands (expect Kk to gii pre, expect KJos to fold and KJs to fold sometimes).

As played river is kinda awkward, don't expect villain to have a flush unless it's the nut flush, also don't expect him to show up with big two pair+ hands on a board this wet (after checking ott), so I'd be happy to value bet like 20 or something otr and fold to a raise.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 06:44:14 PM »

Not folding pre, if you're looking to play optimally you should not fold pre (unless we are making some kind of exploit based on specific villain 3bet tendancies or population tendancies within the games you are playing generally). Going to assume without any other info given that villain in this hand doesn't have to have exclusively very good hands to 3bet btn vs CO and that playing 100nl players (regs or otherwise) are likely to make plenty of post-flop errors. Annoying being OOP, annoying we're not a bit deeper, but KJs.

Dont mind ripping flop here, can't reallly raise without shipping. Pretty big c-bet on a wet flop, so expect villain to bet getting it in a decent amount of the time. Flatting is certainly a perfectly fine option too, just risks not staking hands like AK/KQ/AA if the turn is a spade or some like a Q would be a bad card vs AA/AK, but equally you may get some low-equity bluffs from villains on future streets if you feel villain is likely to do such a thing. You certainly give the perception of having a lot of weak 1-pair hands/SDs/FDs, although you rep some of those draws by ripping too.

River i'd lead and fold to a raise, villain can have some AQ/AT/KQ/QQ stuff they may find a call with (quite likely with the Ax hands), but I feel like villain may well check back a lot of those 1-pair hands we want to some more money in against.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 02:47:06 AM »

Yeah your argument makes sense and i didn't realise it was CO vs Btn, but tbh someone who accepts they are rusty is an additional factor in why it might be difficult show a profit postflop by calling pre with KJs vs what is a reg like 95% of the time in 2016.

I mean personally i think most people would anyway - we're oop, without initiative, not very deep and KJ is the type of hand that gets coolered a lot more than it coolers. We have no idea how wide the guy is 3betting but even if we did KJ tends to be better as a 4b/fold (blockers) than a call oop right? I appreciate i'm very 2009 haha, but would have thought not that much has changed for a spot like this.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 12:37:56 PM »

Thought we were MP, would 4b pre.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: