blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:20:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Mini GPS spot
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mini GPS spot  (Read 4917 times)
4KSuited

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2016, 07:44:06 PM »

This board's been quiet for awhile, and this hand has been bugging me for a couple of weeks. Consequently a few of the details may not be 100% accurate.

Mini GPS Live at Genting Luton. Day 1 of a £220 2-day event. 40 min blinds. We've reached level 11 of 12, which will be the last level on day 1.

Blinds 800/1600/200a
I am in the BB with Ad9d. Utg (competent, active player) raises to 3600, and I'm already planning to fold. Dwell-call from MP player (competent, tight), so I'm def folding. But then there's 2 more callers before it gets to me, including the guy in SB who has a vpip of 80% with all sorts. So, it's gonna cost me 2k from my 45k stack to make the call. I can't fold here, right?

I figure if I whiff the flop I can check/fold quite easily, but that folding is a bad decision given the mahoosive pot-odds of 17/2.

So I call and the flop comes Qd4d9h. Mr 80% checks, so action on me. The pot is just under 20k, and I have c.43k behind. All the players have me covered, with MP and 80% being particularly heavily stacked.

What's the best play here?
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 11:01:02 PM »

this isn't a satellite format it's just a multi day comp right?

if utg opens and every one folds, defend. the more callers the bigger the pot is so the easier the defend is although you could also consider jamming to take down the 15k or so in the pot.

as played you have flopped ze world in a bloated pot. check then wager lots of chips.

leading is hard to size and we fold out worse, get called by better alot.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 11:20:58 PM »

this isn't a satellite format it's just a multi day comp right?

Yep. 3 x day 1's and a final day. All live.

Thanks for the response.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 11:24:14 PM »

Check raise all in with 11+ outs to scoop if called?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 12:07:38 AM »

I'm shit but this looks like a dream check jam spot. Scoop whats in the middle (which is quite a significant %age of stack) or get called and have a load of outs vs a whole range of hands.

Best Bitter.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 01:16:06 AM »

I'm with Tit, some sort of emergency would have to take place to prevent me defending this to just UTG, but with more people it's an even more exciting party to miss.

Also agree with check shoving Smiley

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 07:40:14 AM »

Seems like a pretty good idea to check raise all in

Also if it does end up checking through then it isn't the absolute end of the world.

Preflop I think you should be defending a hand as strong as A9suited (or three betting) almost always unless in bubble/satellite/weird stack situations

From the way you told the hand it seems like you are looking for an excuse to fold the hand. Whereas imo you should be looking at it positively for an excuse to play a hand to pick up chips.

You didn't say which day 1 it is. If there are further day 1s and people can re-enter in future day ones then I'm looking to play a bunch of hands in the late levels, especially as if I am closing the action pre, as people often punt in surprisingly playable stacks as they want the chance to re-enter, rather than taking their 'bowl' - which is often a half decent stack - through to day two. With your table chat throughout the day you will have hopefully managed to establish which players at the table will be up for firing multiple bullets, as well as keeping your own intentions on this vague...
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 08:46:54 AM »

Why do people want to c/shove?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 09:33:15 AM »

Why do people want to c/shove?

it's awkward to c/c because of stacks on blank turns,  sizing a lead is hard and means we just have to jam blank turns if we miss + when we lead multi way they can fold weaker 9x or random hands that might cb/f putting more money in. and we have chunky equity to do a get there if we c/jam and don't get folds or x/and have lots of action and don't fold.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 10:16:23 AM »

He isn't folding better if we c/shove. If we just call we get a bet out of hands that were doing very well against. If we turn a flush he can bluff hands three streets like kjdx. I'd just close my eyes and call down.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 10:49:12 AM »

From the way you told the hand it seems like you are looking for an excuse to fold the hand. Whereas imo you should be looking at it positively for an excuse to play a hand to pick up chips.

You didn't say which day 1 it is. If there are further day 1s and people can re-enter in future day ones then I'm looking to play a bunch of hands in the late levels, especially as if I am closing the action pre, as people often punt in surprisingly playable stacks as they want the chance to re-enter, rather than taking their 'bowl' - which is often a half decent stack - through to day two. With your table chat throughout the day you will have hopefully managed to establish which players at the table will be up for firing multiple bullets, as well as keeping your own intentions on this vague...

Fair point re: hand description. I'm perceived as a tight player, but perfectly capable of most of the moves. Can't classify myself capable of a 3-barrell bluff with air, lol. It's the first day 1, so yes there could be more bullets in the chambers. However, I know both utg & MP, and they're going to be gambling. Third caller idk, but 80% is def calling pretty much any bet if he's got any part of the board. He's a v large stack & impossible to bluff off 3rd pair, lol.

Instinctively I feel like I'll be dominated lots, and hitting the A or 9 won't be enough. However, the flop has hit me full on, so now I feel that I have to fully commit to the hand. It's just a question of how to play it optimally, bearing in mind that I will need to improve to win at showdown. I have fold equity atm, and winning the pot otf will increase my stack by 40%+ (depending on action, ofc)
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 10:51:20 AM »

CORRECTION: **utg & mp are NOT going to be gambling**
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 04:26:14 PM »

He isn't folding better if we c/shove. If we just call we get a bet out of hands that were doing very well against. If we turn a flush he can bluff hands three streets like kjdx. I'd just close my eyes and call down.

We don't know who 'he' is yet as its multiway so would need to know other player's action before we decide what we could do. We could chk and it could go bet, call , call then on us.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2016, 10:07:22 PM »

Never folding pre. 8 times out of 10 I'd check shove with the stack you mention because it feels like the proactive thing to do.

I'd rarely do what pads suggests as I'd likely fold turn if I check called a moderate bet on the flop and whiffed, and I'd then hate myself. But he is pads and got a slight feeling his view counts for more.

2-3 times out of ten I'd be happy to lead small and be prepared to get it in bad (ish) on the flop. If only called on the flop we can strap on our bandolier and unload on just about any turn - tbf, this is why I often go out of tourns before the end

sola virtus nobilitat
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2016, 10:59:49 PM »

Do we call if one of the villains jams after we check the flop?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: