blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 05:29:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Draft Fantasy Premier League 16/17
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Draft Fantasy Premier League 16/17  (Read 31372 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2016, 12:31:34 PM »

Jesus Wept.
Need way better than That Raymondo

Tongue
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2016, 04:07:55 PM »

My whole squad is open to offers! 
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2016, 04:36:47 PM »

If anyone is in need of a keeper then once I know the extent of Lloris's injury I'll be looking to trade Jankupovic for a midfielder.
L67C
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2016, 06:55:21 PM »

Hi lads,

I missed the draft last night. I was there for the cancelled one last week and was online the whole time last night, but it didn't occur to me that the re-draft was on mainly because I'm not in the habit of checking Blonde very often.

As a result, I've ended up with a travesty of a side which even with major surgery has no shot of competing over the season. I've got 9 non-starters out of 15, including no starting goalkeepers and 1 starting defender and striker.

I'm hoping to drop out and get a refund, though I'm happy to leave that up to you guys as to whether I should get one or not.

Either way, I won't be putting any effort into the side from here as it's just not going to be worth it. With that in mind, would everyone prefer me to just leave my side as a ghost ship or should I release my few reasonable players (Mahrez, Silva) back into the player pool to be picked up on waivers? Happy to go with the majority.

Cheers,
DD.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2016, 08:17:32 PM »

If anyone is in need of a keeper then once I know the extent of Lloris's injury I'll be looking to trade Jankupovic for a midfielder.

4 weeks

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2016, 12:38:53 AM »

Hi lads,

I missed the draft last night. I was there for the cancelled one last week and was online the whole time last night, but it didn't occur to me that the re-draft was on mainly because I'm not in the habit of checking Blonde very often.

As a result, I've ended up with a travesty of a side which even with major surgery has no shot of competing over the season. I've got 9 non-starters out of 15, including no starting goalkeepers and 1 starting defender and striker.

I'm hoping to drop out and get a refund, though I'm happy to leave that up to you guys as to whether I should get one or not.

Either way, I won't be putting any effort into the side from here as it's just not going to be worth it. With that in mind, would everyone prefer me to just leave my side as a ghost ship or should I release my few reasonable players (Mahrez, Silva) back into the player pool to be picked up on waivers? Happy to go with the majority.

Cheers,
DD.

Absolutely bizarre decision not to check the forum for 4 days especially considering you knew the initial draft had been cancelled.

dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2016, 09:55:33 AM »

Part of the blame lies with me for not reminding David (I reminded the other guy who's not a regular on blonde). I'm happy for his players to go back in the player pool. I realise it's a tap in for the guy who got 16th pick to get Mahrez & that wouldn't have happened under normal circumstances, but had David been online for the draft the entire draft would've been different (he obv wouldn't have drafted Baba Rahman for instance).

We need to make a decision on this by Thursday evening so that if his players are released then they can be picked up on Friday's waivers. I think this needs to be a unanimous decision tbh, if anyone objects then we'll leave the team as a ghost ship. Whatever happens I'll front the £20 to keep the prize pool as advertised.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 17, 2016, 10:35:37 AM »

I don't think its fair for picks 16 & 15 to get Mahrez and Silva, think it makes a bit of a mockery of it.

Happy for the bloke to get a refund and reckon you should take it off the prizes, no reason you should front it just because you forgot to remind him/he didn't check.

But yeah, defo leave it as a "ghost team" in the interest of fair play.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 17, 2016, 10:42:48 AM »

Part of the blame lies with me for not reminding David (I reminded the other guy who's not a regular on blonde). I'm happy for his players to go back in the player pool. I realise it's a tap in for the guy who got 16th pick to get Mahrez & that wouldn't have happened under normal circumstances, but had David been online for the draft the entire draft would've been different (he obv wouldn't have drafted Baba Rahman for instance).

We need to make a decision on this by Thursday evening so that if his players are released then they can be picked up on Friday's waivers. I think this needs to be a unanimous decision tbh, if anyone objects then we'll leave the team as a ghost ship. Whatever happens I'll front the £20 to keep the prize pool as advertised.

Definitely you shouldn't take the hit when your taking the time to run these comps, I agree with Brent it's a bit strange not to check itt for an update but just let David have a refund since it's clear like you say he wouldn't have picked Rahman etc and it's just meant to be a fun comp which got a bit messed up because of the host site.

Think you should just make the decision regards putting them back in the player pool since everyone won't have chance to reply by Friday.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2016, 10:48:07 AM »

I don't think its fair for picks 16 & 15 to get Mahrez and Silva, think it makes a bit of a mockery of it.

Happy for the bloke to get a refund and reckon you should take it off the prizes, no reason you should front it just because you forgot to remind him/he didn't check.

But yeah, defo leave it as a "ghost team" in the interest of fair play.

Neither were top 10 picks though right ? I don't think it's unfair if they get them, don't even think Silva is a snap, maybe I'm a whale though Tongue

I think it would be best if the top players are all involved in the game.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2016, 11:02:06 AM »

They might not be top 10ers, but theyre certainly not 16th rounders

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2016, 11:25:33 AM »

As transfer window is still open for 2 more weeks with a few more players expected to come in I am happy for players to be released then people with top waivers have to choose between new players or players in the dead team

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2016, 12:04:56 PM »

This is totally insane. Its just giving people with the high draft order enormous upgrades which totally screws over people who got the earlier picks.

The beauty of the snake draft means fairness has already occured with Pick 1 having to wait an absolute age before he could pick again. You can't do this to him now aswell! I know people are new to this format but I thought you would understand this a bit having played NFL fantasy Iron mate.

So people with a high waiver priority will be left thinking "who shall I pick, Harry Arter or RIYAD MAHREZ", whilst people with waiver priorities 11-16 will be left with the likes of Donald Love and Dean Marney. Just doesn't work.

Gotta be a ghost team.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 12:22:05 PM by Horneris » Logged

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2016, 12:59:42 PM »

Decision more likely to be Lacazette or Mahrez right? It's not the same as the NFL due to the transfer window.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2016, 01:06:49 PM »

Obv but point still remains that the people will lower waiver priorities get screwed over in a way they couldnt anticipate. I know theyd then be a higher waiver priority for the next week but they couldnt get a Mahrez or a Silva then, itd be back to your Marney/Arters.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: