blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:43:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Best wishes to Geo the Sarge
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best wishes to Geo the Sarge  (Read 5069 times)
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 10:22:10 PM »

Get well soon Geo. X

Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2016, 10:38:51 PM »

Suprised he didn't have a wee dram and then try to dig it out himself with a hot spoon, but I'm sure the good old Nhs will fix him up just fine.
Get well soon Geo xxxx

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2016, 10:42:38 PM »

Get well soon, Geo!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2016, 11:31:26 PM »

All the best for a speedy recovery Geo.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2016, 03:30:50 AM »

Get well soon Geo
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2016, 04:06:26 PM »

Best wished Geo.

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2016, 08:42:09 PM »

Best wishes Geo

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2016, 02:11:09 PM »

Any news anyone? Has he had the op now?...not sure how long these things take TBH, but hope he is now getting plenty of rest and recuperation.

Life has no rebuy options
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2016, 01:03:11 AM »

Thank you everyone. Sort of pales in significance compared to Reece and others. Was rushed in on Tuesday, swollen pancreas and gall stones. Now in recovery mode of what we hope was successful removal of bowel. So much to say on my experience in coming days.  Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2016, 01:46:04 AM »

Thank you everyone. Sort of pales in significance compared to Reece and others. Was rushed in on Tuesday, swollen pancreas and gall stones. Now in recovery mode of what we hope was successful removal of bowel. So much to say on my experience in coming days.  Geo

Removal of bowel? Bloody Hell, that sounds a bit more serious than gall stones Geo.

Best of luck.

Tom.

The older I get, the better I was.
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2016, 02:10:07 AM »

Haha. Just the gall bladder thankfully.

Geo

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2016, 09:53:04 AM »

How are you now, George?

All recovered & back on your feet I hope.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2016, 01:06:43 PM »

How are you now, George?

Thanks for asking TK, recovery going ok although I'm up at the hospital daily at the moment as the mother in law is back in after a bit of a fall and I get really tired at end of day.

Haven't been impressed with things at the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary at all. Apart from a successful op my time there was very frustrating. And now visiting the MIL, the attitude of staff and service in the elderly wards is atrocious and I wouldn't feed the meals to a dog.

Am cooking meals at home and taking them in to the MIL each day, the sooner she's out of there the better although we will be looking for a lot more care to be put in place than what was given after her last escapade..

Poor lady has early dementia and it's heartbreaking to see. She already had severe mobility problems and it's steadily getting worse. She is a great old soul, very old school and still strives for as much independence as she can get no matter what we say which makes it a bit tougher

Geo

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2016, 01:18:51 PM »

How are you now, George?

Thanks for asking TK, recovery going ok although I'm up at the hospital daily at the moment as the mother in law is back in after a bit of a fall and I get really tired at end of day.

Haven't been impressed with things at the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary at all. Apart from a successful op my time there was very frustrating. And now visiting the MIL, the attitude of staff and service in the elderly wards is atrocious and I wouldn't feed the meals to a dog.

Am cooking meals at home and taking them in to the MIL each day, the sooner she's out of there the better although we will be looking for a lot more care to be put in place than what was given after her last escapade..

Poor lady has early dementia and it's heartbreaking to see. She already had severe mobility problems and it's steadily getting worse. She is a great old soul, very old school and still strives for as much independence as she can get no matter what we say which makes it a bit tougher

Geo

Glad you are slowly on the mend, but sorry to hear about Mother in Law.

Dementia must be (almost) the worst thing ever in ourselves, or close family. It's my worst health fear these days, it haunts me, the thought of losing the plot with dementia, Alzheimer's or whatever. There's never any way back, or recovery, is there?

I guess she is (sort of) lucky, in having a good family supporting here at this moment in her life.

I almost wish I had not asked now. So very sad.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2016, 02:52:23 AM »

How are you now, George?

Geo

Glad you are slowly on the mend, but sorry to hear about Mother in Law.

Dementia must be (almost) the worst thing ever in ourselves, or close family. It's my worst health fear these days, it haunts me, the thought of losing the plot with dementia, Alzheimer's or whatever. There's never any way back, or recovery, is there?

I guess she is (sort of) lucky, in having a good family supporting here at this moment in her life.

I almost wish I had not asked now. So very sad.   

Hmm im not so sure. My old Gran was diagnosed with the onset of dementia a few years back. But with the knowledge of this and the ability to accept it, we have found ways around it and put strategies in place which have meant if anything we're in a better place now than the day of diagnosis.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: