blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:12:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Apprentice 2016 thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Apprentice 2016 thread  (Read 16685 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2016, 12:00:06 PM »

Once again we have superb analysis from our in house expert, SuuPPrlim. Agree with everything. Only thing to add was that I was truly impressed by Courtney's speed in coming up with his Lord Sugar Dispenser under pressure. Perhaps the edit helped, but still....

It's an interesting dilemma that Lord Sugs is faced with. He may have already decided (in show time) that he'll let the decision rest on the candidates' performances in the final task. After all, neither of them actually properly employ anybody else in their businesses, and this is something they will have to do when funded. Whilst all the eliminated candidates usually try their best, there's still a great deal of man-management required if the task is to be won. This is where I think Alana will crush Courtney; but strange things happen...

Having said that, whilst he won't want to blow £250k, at the same time he'll want to have some fun with it - and this may also be where Alana is slightly ahead. He also has a penchant for working with people he quietly admires, or has an affinity with - which is where Courtney has an edge.

Dilemma indeed.

Regards
4KS

Indeed! Good points. I think Sugar takes a lot of pride in the fact that every business he has started is now making profits and he doesn't want to damage the statistic with a failure and i think that's more of a worry than the £250k which represents about 1/5000th of his net worth.

Going to be close!
Regards

LD

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2016, 12:01:35 PM »

Maybe Alan has seen the success of Bake Off and wants a slice of the action......with Mary as consultant obviously Smiley

Regards

Ri

:O wow Sugar, Mary Berry and Alana working together, with Paul Hollywood, Sue and Mel involved in some level as well, yes please!!! I vote Alana.

On a side note, if it was the public vote and we got to vote where LS puts his £250k who you think would have won?Huh?

Regards
LD

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2016, 12:53:36 PM »

Maybe Alan has seen the success of Bake Off and wants a slice of the action......with Mary as consultant obviously Smiley

Regards

Ri

:O wow Sugar, Mary Berry and Alana working together, with Paul Hollywood, Sue and Mel involved in some level as well, yes please!!! I vote Alana.

On a side note, if it was the public vote and we got to vote where LS puts his £250k who you think would have won?Huh?

Regards
LD

Purely on likeability, Jessica is a star. Not that much business acumen but she seems a lovely girl, people warm to that.

Think the public would vote Alana, other two girls came across as a bit too cocky/game players to me. I'm pleased she's in top 2 as others seemed determined to dismiss her throughout the process.

Courtney is just dull, couldn't see the public voting for him even if he had a decent business plan.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2016, 12:58:36 PM »

Big K everytime I'd hope :-p

Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2016, 01:42:41 PM »

I'll do another £50 on Alana with you LD, and Alex can have £50 as well if he wants it. Let me know.

RE

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2016, 02:00:26 PM »

So lose £100 if Alana wins total and win £50 in Courtney wins?

OK - money has to be delivered in person though, so if I lose I get to see you and I won't feel like iv lost :-)

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2016, 06:33:55 PM »

Booked!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2016, 10:38:40 AM »

Alannah then.

Suralan went for his gut feel in the end.

Regards

TE

time to settle those bets....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2016, 03:56:18 PM »

I was very impressed with how Courtney presented and very unimpressed with Alana's presentation. Thankfully the idea came through in the end. GG

Regards

RE

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2016, 01:25:47 PM »

Yeah n1 Rupert, gg.

Courtney defo pulled of the pitch of his life, so he can sleep knowing he didn't fuck it up he just wasn't good enough on this day, seems quite determined and passionate about designing stuff though so once he figures out how to sell it a bit better he'll probably do ok.

Well done Alana, you dont have to run faster than the bear...

I've done my bollox this apprentice, can't wait for the next one!

Regards
LD

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2016, 01:41:16 PM »

Wish he'd go back to giving the winner a job.  The business proposals have been average at best and as a whole very poor and unimaginative.

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2016, 02:23:25 PM »

Everyone left the job after 0-3 years. Looked like every single one of the businesses is still going and in contact with Sugar.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2016, 11:13:08 AM »

One of them even tried to sue him!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/10333568/Former-Apprentice-winner-Stella-English-sued-Lord-Sugar-because-she-was-bored.html

The job is kind of shit as well, tough to get respect of the peers when they've been grafting to get up and this person wins a reality TV show and dances in on 100 bags a year. £250k investment to start a business with a sicko partner is miles better imo, it also adds a great bit of variance to the show too, as the candidates can be amazing but can have awful business plans, or can be average and have a great business plan.

Regards
LD

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2016, 11:44:03 AM »

Obv people picked for tv etc but need to go back and get a few candidates with some actual business acumen. Total joke that half the last 5 didn't even know how to draw up a business plan.

Anyone else get the feeling when watching that Courtney will be getting pointed in the right direction by those involved.
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2016, 07:19:05 PM »

One thing you don't want when you're planning the finer details of the biggest pitch of your life.....is the worst cast of are rice ever helping you with it!!

I see Courtney and Jessica are now in a relationship which might help them both out working together as they probably make a good team but I thought his decision to have her in charge of everything as sub team leader was really bad!

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: