blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:30:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Sam in hot water?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Sam in hot water?  (Read 12270 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2016, 10:10:45 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2016, 10:11:40 AM »

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink of QPR is filmed negotiating a £55k fee to work for agency which wanted to sell players to his club.

(isn't this arrangement what Fergie had with his son Mark's company?)

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2016, 11:17:44 AM »

On the subject of the FA's due diligence re. Big Sam:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/the-17-suspicious-premier-league-transfers-that-fifa-and-the-fa-failed-to-investigate-a7335916.html

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2016, 12:11:47 PM »

I guess this is just the start of the revelations. I wonder who will be up next?
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2016, 12:21:56 PM »

I guess this is just the start of the revelations. I wonder who will be up next?

Clattenburg Wink

Best Bitter.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2016, 01:39:29 PM »

Redknapp and Warnock must be favs in the 'who are the 8 Prem managers' market?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2016, 01:51:58 PM »

Yep, what do you think the price of someone like Fergie would be in that market?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2016, 01:56:42 PM »

This is a strange one, it suggests Mr Allardyce was an investor in a property/hotel deal in Newcastle, & among his co-investors were 2 England players, Rooney & Hart.

I would hope he withdrew from that when appointed England Manager, as it would have made his position as "selector" a little awkward, to say the least.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/business-news/revealed-hotel-backed-sam-allardyce-11952558

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2016, 02:03:16 PM »

Yep, what do you think the price of someone like Fergie would be in that market?

Well that transfer of Bebe to Man Utd stank didn't it. His value went thru the roof in a year and his agent got about 3 million out of a transfer fee of about 8 million. Fergie admitted he had never seen him play and he clearly wasn't a Premier lge standard player.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2016, 02:06:40 PM »

This is a strange one, it suggests Mr Allardyce was an investor in a property/hotel deal in Newcastle, & among his co-investors were 2 England players, Rooney & Hart.

I would hope he withdrew from that when appointed England Manager, as it would have made his position as "selector" a little awkward, to say the least.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/business-news/revealed-hotel-backed-sam-allardyce-11952558

as the comments section says

If it looks dodgy, it probably is, if a journalist can get information from the public domain, why cant HMRC or the SFO.

Meh, it is little different from us taking 5% shares in Camel for WCOOP.  How does the hotel investment affect the likelihood of Rooney getting picked?  I just don't see it at all. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2016, 02:08:41 PM »

Well that transfer of Bebe to Man Utd stank didn't it. His value went thru the roof in a year and his agent got about 3 million out of a transfer fee of about 8 million. Fergie admitted he had never seen him play and he clearly wasn't a Premier lge standard player.

I thought of Fergie straight away too.  He probably doesn't have the leverage to put people off printing stories that he once did.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2016, 02:18:00 PM »

If it looks dodgy, it probably is, if a journalist can get information from the public domain, why cant HMRC or the SFO.

Meh, it is little different from us taking 5% shares in Camel for WCOOP.  How does the hotel investment affect the likelihood of Rooney getting picked?  I just don't see it at all. 

Not sure I agree with that Doobs, the Hotel deal is almost certainly a good investment.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2016, 02:32:51 PM »

Not sure I agree with that Doobs, the Hotel deal is almost certainly a good investment.

v good, unfortunately spoilt a little bit by Camel making us some money on our investment.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2016, 02:58:04 PM »

If Fergie gets named it's a terrible day for football. He did come to mind too, always been a few questions in my mind after the Rio and Jaap Stam incidents.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2016, 04:11:18 PM »

If Fergie gets named it's a terrible day for football. He did come to mind too, always been a few questions in my mind after the Rio and Jaap Stam incidents.

He has a colourful history. Just on the agent thing alone Ferguson vowed he would never speak to the BBC after a 2004 documentary made allegations about his son, Jason, who is a football agent. Accusing the broadcaster of "breathtaking arrogance" Ferguson said: "They did a story about my son that was whole lot of nonsense. It all made-up stuff and 'brown paper bags' and all that kind of carry-on. It was a horrible attack on my son's honour and he should never have been accused of that. But it is such a huge organisation that they will never apologise."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: