blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:27:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272573 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Polk/Torelli Live at the Bike. Early contender for hand of the year?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Polk/Torelli Live at the Bike. Early contender for hand of the year?  (Read 9076 times)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 10:17:12 PM »

I think you can be technical when you are talking about poker but I don't think having two similar commentators is a good idea, admittedly I know very little about the whole show but the post flop discussion was just a bit dull, even for someone who has a high level of interest. I think the Ike + other combo from Durrr v Sammy George is the perfect combination. Literally zero shits given about the analysis improving viewers, Polk puts out bundles off stuff for free and anyone actually looking to improve would be in the wrong place and doing the wrong thing here. I would love for any aspiring players to watch this, I can only imagine the catastrophes it would end up in. Awful was a bit harsh but it started something i guess.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 11:13:59 PM »

I think Doug Polk and Jason Somerville are both good for poker.  I normally love watching his stuff, and I really don't watch much.  Think this is just a big cock up all round though.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 12:01:58 AM »

No set  no bet..its served me well

sola virtus nobilitat
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2017, 06:40:07 AM »

If that was at Luton that would be a good old fashioned spew, tried to get third pair to fold many times. Just doesn't happen.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2017, 09:34:36 AM »

If that was at Luton that would be a good old fashioned spew, tried to get third pair to fold many times. Just doesn't happen.

I suppose when someone like Polk does it you like to think that he had planned to do it 4 hands ago and he has a deep thought process each street. When we do it it's usually because the 1/2 has just started.

I'll admit to being a bit of a Polk fanboy and I'm sure he will do a video explaining his thought process, I know he done a quick Facebook live session and talked about it but I can't help thinking that if he was reviewing this in a poker hands video he would be talking about making sure you bluff with equity and you have to fold some hands which 86cc would be a good candidate.

Maybe this is what is meant by next level thinking and this guy is such a wizard.

All that being said the content that Polk,  Torelli and my favourite Tonka put out for free is not just beyond helpful but for a poker enthusiast it's made everyday like Christmas, I certainly feel we are in a new type of era.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2017, 12:11:25 PM »

If that was at Luton that would be a good old fashioned spew, as I can't ever  fold third pair . Just doesn't happen.
FYP

Cymru am byth
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2017, 12:20:23 PM »

I'm pretty sure that's an iffy turn barrel from polk fwiw, I think he's supposed to give up with a few hands and I think 86cc is about the worst hand possible?

I think if we analyse it properly torelli is supposed to call turn and fold river, and polk not supposed to barrel the turn.

Sometimes you gotta look a man in the eyes though :-)

Propa poka

If your saying Polk shouldn't be barrelling the turn, then Torelli shouldn't be calling the turn as the commentator points out.

I think its unfair saying the commentating is bad, its extremely good content from one of the guys. Whether you guys as a winning player want that sort of content being delivered in the public domain is your problem I'm afraid.

Not saying he should never bluff the turn, just saying he shouldn't bluff the turn here. If he's betting the flop pretty much always then hes going to find himself with a flush draw loads on the turn, and on top of that surely something with a big card in it has gotta be better than an a straight-up 0% hand. Think he's just flexing his muscles for TV tbh, Torrelli has forever been a massive station anyway I'm sure he knows this.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2017, 01:39:45 PM »

I tried that on my last day in vegas a few years ago playing $5/10 in the Bellagio
86 sooted button v queens small blind
We got 4 bet n flatted to an 8 high flop
Queen on the turn but donkey brains here carried on the bluff
As I walked after doing $ 1500 in the hand
The old guy with queens said " he played well yesterday must have had a brain fart "
I still cringe when I remember it
A good old spew is a good term Vinny !
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2017, 04:02:18 PM »

#Invalid YouTube Link#

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2017, 04:04:29 PM »

need to delete the s in https for these to work

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2017, 08:53:32 AM »

http://youtu.be/jM4f3Pv57u8

Help please, can never get this right.

EDIT;

Here we go Ommy;

« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 09:40:00 AM by tikay » Logged
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2017, 10:04:12 AM »

Be great if Torelli done a video as well, giving his thought process. I get a feeling it might be quite similar to Polks'.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2017, 10:05:16 AM »

http://youtu.be/jM4f3Pv57u8

Help please, can never get this right.

EDIT;

Here we go Ommy;

Thanks Tikay.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 12:19:21 AM »

http://youtu.be/wQRQdMjeeq4

Finally Alec has put out a video with his thoughts about the hand. Abit surprised about his perspective from the turn where it seems he has a read on Doug and he talks a lot about feel rather than maths. Thoughts?
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 12:19:06 PM »

http://youtu.be/wQRQdMjeeq4

Finally Alec has put out a video with his thoughts about the hand. Abit surprised about his perspective from the turn where it seems he has a read on Doug and he talks a lot about feel rather than maths. Thoughts?

Cliffs:

I KNEW he was at it

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: