blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:17:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Most memorable sporting moment witnessed?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Most memorable sporting moment witnessed?  (Read 3673 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 05:55:34 PM »

I guess the most famous and memorable, would be the Shane Warne ball to Gatting at Old Trafford. My mum's side of the family are all from the area and my Grandad was a huge cricket fan but had 3 daughters who were not interested in the slightest, so when I showed an interest in the game from an early age we would go to the Test Match every year up there. It was one of the first years they had TV screens in the ground, so as is often the case at the cricket you are not entirely sure what had happened at such a distance but the gasp that went round the ground when the replay was shown was probably the most memorable thing. Of course it's signficance became greater over the years as Warne proved to be probably the best spinner the game had ever seen.

Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2017, 01:43:03 AM »

Celtic v Porto in Seville. 

The whole occasion was phenomenal I don't think I have ever seen so many Celtic fans in one place at the one time. 

Was living in Spain at the time and the congregation of Scots on the south coast was nuts. I was in Malaga and there were randoms rocking up with no ticket and no hotel, just sleeping on the beach in the build up to the match. I didn't have a ticket but travelled up to Seville and watched it on a big screen in a park. Lively night!

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2017, 02:48:15 PM »

Went to see the weight lifting during London 2012, the very last lift of the night this Columbian chappy had to break the world record to get into the medals. First lift no chance, second lift even worse, then he goes backstage but we can see on a big screen he is crying his eyes out and his coach is hugging him, he comes back out, the crowd is willing him on and he only bloody does it. We all went nuts and everyone in the crowd is hugging strangers and stuff.

I refuse to google the particular event just on the off chance he has since been exposed as a drugs cheat.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2017, 02:49:28 PM »

Oh and for totally different reasons, I went to the turd that was Audley Harrison vs David Haye, which many pundits believe was the worst match in the history of boxing.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2017, 07:07:48 PM »

Rene Higuita's scorpion kick at Wembley.

4 innings in the same day England v West Indies at Lords.  There wasn't ever enough time between wickets to grab a beer.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: